inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: actor in commercial...anyone recognize?

Written By: saver on 05/30/07 at 3:42 pm

Maybe every young actor is starting to look alike to me but on the commercial for:

'MOBILE FAVORITE FIVE' ..It has a young guy waiting for his date at her house while her father tells him how his photo on her phone is right next to his(the dates')

It is like the father is warning him he better not try anythiong funny with her.

This guy looks familiar but I can't place him(kinda looks like Matthew Labyorteaux from Little House On the Prairie)...unless he is a new 'commercial' actor on the scene?

Anyone know who it is???

I recall seeing Hank Harris-(Pumpkin)... doing a TWIX commercial recently so I see they use tv/film actors as well...

Thanks for trying!   

Subject: Re: actor in commercial...anyone recognize?

Written By: statsqueen on 05/30/07 at 5:38 pm

Maybe every young actor is starting to look alike to me but on the commercial for:

'MOBILE FAVORITE FIVE' ..It has a young guy waiting for his date at her house while her father tells him how his photo on her phone is right next to his(the dates')

It is like the father is warning him he better not try anythiong funny with her.

This guy looks familiar but I can't place him(kinda looks like Matthew Labyorteaux from Little House On the Prairie)...unless he is a new 'commercial' actor on the scene?

Anyone know who it is???

I recall seeing Hank Harris-(Pumpkin)... doing a TWIX commercial recently so I see they use tv/film actors as well...

Thanks for trying!   

Sorry I can't help.  I figured he was just a new commercial actor.  I know what you mean though....David Faustino (Bud from Married...With Children) and Jeremy Miller (Ben from Growing Pains) have both been caught doing commercials for fast food chains.  Gary Coleman is even doing one for a check cashing commerical (has him starting the commerical "When I need cash" or something to that effect)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/31/07 at 12:54 am

Is this the commercial?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ltYQlFuzrg

I don't know who the father is though.  :(

Written By: saver on 05/31/07 at 3:28 pm

Is this the commercial?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ltYQlFuzrg

I don't know who the father is though.  :(

Sure enough that's the commercial...too bad they don't have a place that puts up 'casts' lists of who the actors are in ones you like!

Maybe someone else will recognize the kid/teen actor...he looks so darn familiar or is so good he is like someone you may know!

Keep digging! Thanks gang!

Written By: KKay on 05/31/07 at 4:24 pm

Sure enough that's the commercial...too bad they don't have a place that puts up 'casts' lists of who the actors are in ones you like!

Maybe someone else will recognize the kid/teen actor...he looks so darn familiar or is so good he is like someone you may know!

Keep digging! Thanks gang!

if you put some of that info into google you can find it. tons of people in the industry chat about that ;stuff and it's all over the internet. i know cuz i try a few words when i'm curious about a peron on tv.

Written By: whistledog on 05/31/07 at 9:15 pm

That guy does look familiar.  I've seen him in movies, but I dunno his name :-\\

My favourite T-Mobile ad is the one with the "Secret Lovers" ringtone.  The guy in that one is an actor named Bill English, who is best known as Johnson in those awesome Raisin Bran Crunch commercials

Written By: statsqueen on 05/31/07 at 9:43 pm

That guy does look familiar.  I've seen him in movies, but I dunno his name :-\\

My favourite T-Mobile ad is the one with the "Secret Lovers" ringtone.  The guy in that one is an actor named Bill English, who is best known as Johnson in those awesome Raisin Bran Crunch commercials

That is a cute commerical (T Mobile).  I didn't pay that much attention to the guys...good eye!

Written By: saver on 06/02/07 at 3:48 pm

This MAY be the answer I was loking for......

I thought of the 80's actors the guy looked like and he seems to look like a younger (80's) version of Billy Warlock from Happy Days...currently Billy isn't the same looking ashe was when younger but that image was inmy mind all these years!

Don't cha think?  ???

Written By: statsqueen on 06/02/07 at 6:18 pm

This MAY be the answer I was loking for......

I thought of the 80's actors the guy looked like and he seems to look like a younger (80's) version of Billy Warlock from Happy Days...currently Billy isn't the same looking ashe was when younger but that image was inmy mind all these years!

Don't cha think?  ???

What season was Billy Warlock on Happy Days and how did I miss it?

Written By: whistledog on 06/02/07 at 9:26 pm

What season was Billy Warlock on Happy Days and how did I miss it?

He played Flip Phillips in the 82-83 season.  Flip was the younger brother of Roger (played by Ted McGinley)

Written By: holicman on 06/05/07 at 11:40 am

He was the guy from Freaks n Geeks I think, the little Jewish kid (I cant remember his name, but he was in love with Lindsay, his best mates older sister).

He looks similar anyway.

Written By: saver on 06/05/07 at 3:08 pm

He was the guy from Freaks n Geeks I think, the little Jewish kid (I cant remember his name, but he was in love with Lindsay, his best mates older sister).

He looks similar anyway.

Not sure if you meant John Francis Daley or Chauncey Leopardi but they aren't looking too much like him....

This has been a good one for research for the answer....keep 'em coming1 

Written By: snozberries on 06/09/07 at 7:58 am

in that long shot where the father sits in the chair, his profile looks kinda like James Rebhorn

The kid is sort of like a  spawn of Fred Savage "Wonder Years" and Adam Brody "The OC"  he looks really familiar when he smirks...the image is right there but I can't quite grasp it.

Written By: saver on 06/09/07 at 5:39 pm

in that long shot where the father sits in the chair, his profile looks kinda like James Rebhorn

The kid is sort of like a  spawn of Fred Savage "Wonder Years" and Adam Brody "The OC"  he looks really familiar when he smirks...the image is right there but I can't quite grasp it.

Looked up James Rebhorn photos but he is far older than the dad in the commercial...

I can see the Adam Brodie look as well..just- WHO IS THE KID?

Now PRINCE IS IN A COMMERCIAL..SO WE MAY BE ONTO SOMETHING....

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/07 at 10:24 am

They recently started playing this commercial again and the more I look at him the more he reminds me of James Read. I didn't pick up on it at first because I always remember the younger James Read but its in the eyes. Then I found this photo on imdb.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/jamesread.jpg
http://imdb.com/name/nm0713832/

Written By: saver on 10/07/07 at 5:18 pm

They recently started playing this commercial again and the more I look at him the more he reminds me of James Read. I didn't pick up on it at first because I always remember the younger James Read but its in the eyes. Then I found this photo on imdb.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/jamesread.jpg
http://imdb.com/name/nm0713832/

I think the one we're stumped on is HWO IS THE KID(TEEN BOY)IN IT..Does look kinda like Adam Brody but isn't.

Check for new replies or respond here...