inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How I Met Your Mother

Written By: whistledog on 06/03/07 at 6:31 pm

Does anyone else like the CBS sitcom 'How I Met Your Mother'?

http://www.everythinggloria.com/images/mother2.jpg

It's a backwards love story of a man named Ted who in the distant future tells his kids the story of how he met their mother.  I just picked up Season 1 on DVD ($17.99 at Best Buy; what a steal, eh?)

I love Neil Patrick Harris as Barney.  His crazy womanizing antics crack me up ;D

CBS announced in May that it will return for a third season, which is very exciting news.  I am glad there are still good sitcoms around in a day where the Reality show (sadly) rules the airwaves

Subject: Re: How I Met Your Mother

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/03/07 at 6:54 pm

I love this show alot!

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/03/07 at 7:01 pm

I love Neil Patrick Harris as Barney.  His crazy womanizing antics crack me up ;D

Yes, NPH does a great job playing the role of The Barnacle.

Alyson Hannigan is also good in the series and way hot too.  I'd party with her...  :P

Written By: KKay on 06/03/07 at 7:03 pm

I never saw it, but i'll watch for it.  take it on your recommendation.

Written By: nally on 06/04/07 at 1:33 am

I've never really watched it, but I do like "The Class", which was on right afterwards until its first-season finale on March 5th. I hope that sitcom comes back for another season.

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/07 at 3:55 am

The Class has been cancelled :(

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117965022.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Written By: nally on 06/04/07 at 10:11 am

The Class has been cancelled :(

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117965022.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Oh no :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

It seems like everytime I like a show, it gets canned after less than two seasons.

I still intend to do an Amiwrong quiz about it.

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/07 at 12:14 pm

It seems like everytime I like a show, it gets canned after less than two seasons.

I know what you mean.  Everytime I used find a good show I liked, it would end up getting the boot :(
If the show had enough fans, maybe CBS could bring it back.  Back in the 80s, the police drama 'Cagney & Lacey' was cancelled after 1 season, so fans organized a letter writing campaign, and the show was brought back where it ran for several seasons, and won all kinds of emmy awards

Written By: nally on 06/04/07 at 12:23 pm

I know what you mean.  Everytime I used find a good show I liked, it would end up getting the boot :(

...and last year, "Courting Alex" got the boot after only 8 episodes. :( :( :( I liked that show too; Jenna Elfman's character seemed witty.

If the show had enough fans, maybe CBS could bring it back.  Back in the 80s, the police drama 'Cagney & Lacey' was cancelled after 1 season, so fans organized a letter writing campaign, and the show was brought back where it ran for several seasons, and won all kinds of emmy awards

If I had the guts, I might wanna help do something like that. It's a shame that all those action dramas and reality based shows dominate the airwaves now.

Written By: statsqueen on 06/04/07 at 8:35 pm

http://www.everythinggloria.com/images/mother2.jpg

It's a backwards love story of a man named Ted who in the distant future tells his kids the story of how he met their mother.  I just picked up Season 1 on DVD ($17.99 at Best Buy; what a steal, eh?)

CBS announced in May that it will return for a third season, which is very exciting news.  I am glad there are still good sitcoms around in a day where the Reality show (sadly) rules the airwaves

We enjoy it, too.  Micah thought Robin was the mom though, so now we aren't sure what to think.  We watched "The Class", too, but we mostly got into them because they were on before 2 1/2 Men.  Now I know why we never actually saw NPH kiss a woman (that I can remember).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/04/07 at 8:46 pm

Oh, it's a TV show.  I thought I was gonna hafta kick yer ass!

Written By: whistledog on 06/04/07 at 9:14 pm

We enjoy it, too.  Micah thought Robin was the mom though, so now we aren't sure what to think.  We watched "The Class", too, but we mostly got into them because they were on before 2 1/2 Men.  Now I know why we never actually saw NPH kiss a woman (that I can remember).

They could throw in a twist.  I really was hoping it would be Robin, but i guess that's too obvious an answer lol
Perhaps the longer the viewers are kept in suspense, the more they will keep tuning in to find out who the mother is. 

What if it was Lily?  She gets divorced from Marshall, then falls in love with Ted?  Or maybe Barney gets a sex change, and Ted falls for him, and they adopt kids :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/04/07 at 9:19 pm

I've never seen this show...but it looks good.

Written By: statsqueen on 06/04/07 at 9:44 pm

They could throw in a twist.  I really was hoping it would be Robin, but i guess that's too obvious an answer lol
Perhaps the longer the viewers are kept in suspense, the more they will keep tuning in to find out who the mother is. 

What if it was Lily?  She gets divorced from Marshall, then falls in love with Ted?  Or maybe Barney gets a sex change, and Ted falls for him, and they adopt kids :D

Micah thought it was Robin (yeah, I guess it was obvious) because the daughter looked like her.  As we've seen, suspense does not a guarantee for future seasons make (The Class tried it and Jericho was full of suspense---now we'll never know what happens).

Written By: statsqueen on 06/05/07 at 9:00 pm

A co-worker told me today that she heard that one of the other networks was picking up "The Class."  Has anyone heard that or is it still axed?

Written By: nally on 06/06/07 at 12:01 am

A co-worker told me today that she heard that one of the other networks was picking up "The Class."  Has anyone heard that or is it still axed?

Oh really? Which one? This is news to me...

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/06/07 at 5:45 am

I hope it is not lame like "Saved by the Bell: The College Years" was.  :-\\

Written By: statsqueen on 06/06/07 at 8:00 am

Oh really? Which one? This is news to me...

That's just it.  She couldn't remember if it was ABC or NBC.  Not only that, she couldn't remember when or where she heard it.  That's why I'm asking for independent confirmation or denial--because I hadn't heard that either.

Written By: statsqueen on 06/06/07 at 8:01 am

It had its lame moments, but it had funny ones, too.  I would have been somewhat interested to see how a couple of the storylines played out.

Written By: nally on 06/06/07 at 3:54 pm

The College Years lasted only one season, if I remember correctly. It ended with Zack and Kelly getting married in Vegas.

Yet "The New Class" went on for longer than that, and I think that version was lame.

Written By: nally on 06/06/07 at 3:55 pm

That's just it.  She couldn't remember if it was ABC or NBC.  Not only that, she couldn't remember when or where she heard it.  That's why I'm asking for independent confirmation or denial--because I hadn't heard that either.

Well it would be nice if it got picked up, because the finale ended on a rather uncertain note.

Written By: whistledog on 06/06/07 at 11:07 pm

The College Years lasted only one season, if I remember correctly. It ended with Zack and Kelly getting married in Vegas.

Yet "The New Class" went on for longer than that, and I think that version was lame.

I actually didn't mind "The New Class".  It was (surprisingly) the most successful of them all; it ran from 1993-2000

I had some interesting Saved by the Bell trivia, but I'll post that in the Did You Know - TV Edition thread ...

Written By: nally on 06/06/07 at 11:52 pm

I actually didn't mind "The New Class".  It was (surprisingly) the most successful of them all; it ran from 1993-2000

I had some interesting Saved by the Bell trivia, but I'll post that in the Did You Know - TV Edition thread ...

yeah...but it just wasn't the same as The Original Class.

Now...getting back to just the plain old Class, if another network does pick it up, that would be nice. If not, then that's the way it goes. :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 06/06/07 at 11:54 pm

Now...getting back to just the plain old Class, if another network does pick it up, that would be nice. If not, then that's the way it goes. :-\\

As far as I know, no other networks have picked up the rights to "The Class".  From what I've read around the internet, it appears to have been a popular show, so fans outcry for it to return might be a success

Written By: nally on 06/06/07 at 11:59 pm

As far as I know, no other networks have picked up the rights to "The Class".  From what I've read around the internet, it appears to have been a popular show, so fans outcry for it to return might be a success

Well, that'll be a good sign. Sometime next week I'm gonna post an AmiWrong quiz about the show. I began composing one back in February, but my studies have kept me from finishing it. Now that I'm all done with exams, I can concentrate on the other stuff in my life.

Written By: statsqueen on 06/10/07 at 1:10 pm

That's a good thought, but I would rather see fans bring back Jericho (though it would be nice to see how Class was supposed to end--it got better after they got rid of Holly)

Written By: nally on 06/10/07 at 2:45 pm

That's a good thought, but I would rather see fans bring back Jericho (though it would be nice to see how Class was supposed to end--it got better after they got rid of Holly)

yeah, the finale left a few issues up in the air, as I mentioned above...but as far as I'M concerned, it ain't over yet. You didn't like Holly?

Written By: RobertK on 06/10/07 at 5:50 pm

Hi statsqueen.  CBS is bringing back Jericho for a seven episodes as a mid season replacement.  If the ratings justify it, it will be given a longer run:

http://jerichowiki.cbs.com/page/A+Message+From+CBS+Entertainment

I also enjoyed The Class.  The first episode I saw was the third one aired: "The Class Learns About Hurricanes", and after watching it I was hooked! 

Hiya Jason.  I like this show a lot!  I think the best episode of this season was the "Robin Sparkles" one.  I won't go into detail about it for anyone who hasn't seen it but if you have an opportunity to catch it in reruns this summer, you won't be disappointed.  8)

Written By: statsqueen on 06/11/07 at 5:59 pm

Hi statsqueen.  CBS is bringing back Jericho for a seven episodes as a mid season replacement.  If the ratings justify it, it will be given a longer run:

I also enjoyed The Class.  The first episode I saw was the third one aired: "The Class Learns About Hurricanes", and after watching it I was hooked! 

Thank you so much for the good news about Jericho!!!  I can't believe they are waiting to use it mid-season, but it is better than not getting it at all.

The Class:  That was the episode where the station sent Holly out into the middle of the hurricane, right?  I loved when the guys kept rewinding to see what happened to her.

Written By: SemperYoda on 06/11/07 at 6:17 pm

Hiya Jason.  I like this show a lot!  I think the best episode of this season was the "Robin Sparkles" one.  I won't go into detail about it for anyone who hasn't seen it but if you have an opportunity to catch it in reruns this summer, you won't be disappointed.   8)

Yay, they are bringing back Jericho.  I actually posted on the forums to show my support for the show.    Nuts paid off.  Woot.  Now we just have to convince people that a post nuclear apocalyptic America is an exciting topic.  :) 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/11/07 at 7:35 pm

Hiya Jason.  I like this show a lot!  I think the best episode of this season was the "Robin Sparkles" one.  I won't go into detail about it for anyone who hasn't seen it but if you have an opportunity to catch it in reruns this summer, you won't be disappointed.   8)

What a coincidence, the episode is being repeeated today.

Written By: RobertK on 06/11/07 at 8:35 pm

Yay, they are bringing back Jericho.  I actually posted on the forums to show my support for the show.    Nuts paid off.  Woot.  Now we just have to convince people that a post nuclear apocalyptic America is an exciting topic.  :) 

I guesses the 50,000 pounds of peanuts caught someone's attention. :) 

I've been loaning episodes of Jericho to friends, and hopefully they'll get hooked.  It's interesting that three shows that I watched last season all had nuclear explosions as part of the plot:  Jericho, 24, and Heroes.

What a coincidence, the episode is being repeeated today.

Thanks for the heads up!  I noticed CBS has short snippets of How I Met You Mother on its site, but no full episodes.

Written By: whistledog on 10/05/07 at 11:16 am

I just picked up Season 2 on DVD!  I can't wait to watch it! :)

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8596/himymky2.png

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/05/07 at 7:25 pm

I might get it in the new future.

Written By: statsqueen on 10/05/07 at 10:43 pm

How long do you think they will/can let it run before we find out who the mom is?

Written By: KKay on 10/06/07 at 9:25 pm

wait, wait....

you met my mother?

;)

Check for new replies or respond here...