inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Where Did The Watch go?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/13/07 at 4:51 am

Now you see it. Now you don't.

Read here.

Subject: Re: Where Did The Watch go?

Written By: philbo on 06/13/07 at 7:34 am

Don't know... I didn't watch

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/13/07 at 8:07 am

Don't know... I didn't watch
Security were not watching either.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/13/07 at 10:15 am

Something stinks here.

Forget about the purloined wristwatch for a moment.  This is a president who won't even answer questions from our own elected representatives and yet he's letting a swarm of Albanians mob him?  No, I don't think that video footage is what it appears to be.  I think it might be staged. 

This Administration is admires President McKinley.  Well, McKinley was shaking hands with citizens when a crackpot anarchist named Leon Czolgosz blew him away at point blank range.  Further more, later in the century, Kennedy was assassinated, there were two attempts on Ford, and then a near-fatal attempt on Reagan.  Since 1981, security detail for the U.S. president has become unbelievably strict.  That's the reason Bill Clinton never had rednecks open fire at him.  That's the reason why George W. Bush has not got two in the hat. 

I don't care whether it's Alabama or Albania, they're not going to let a throng of unknowns in arm's reach of the president. 

Or are they?  Maybe I'm missing something here, but I would be stunned if that was so. 

OK, the Secret Service declared they took Dubya's watch for safekeeping.  Perhaps that video was edited discreetly.  Hard to tell.

Written By: whistledog on 06/13/07 at 1:32 pm

If you look closely at the clip, you can faintly see someone grab the watch off his wrist.  I hope it wasn't an expensive rolex ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/13/07 at 1:38 pm

If you look closely at the clip, you can faintly see someone grab the watch off his wrist.  I hope it wasn't an expensive rolex ;D
The report I heard it was a Timex, not one of the world's most expensive watches.

Written By: spaceace on 06/13/07 at 1:53 pm

He's got all that Secret Service protection and someone swipes his watch.  I don't know why I think that's cool, but I do. ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/13/07 at 2:33 pm

Ask this man.

http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/images/Koons.jpg

Written By: gemini on 06/13/07 at 5:04 pm

Ask this man.

http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/images/Koons.jpg

Haha! Love him and that scene!  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 06/13/07 at 9:43 pm

The ultimate pick pocket.  That guy has a story to tell his grandchildren.  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/13/07 at 11:44 pm

The ultimate pick pocket.  That guy has a story to tell his grandchildren.  ;D

I saw this on another message board today, and it's better than anything I could write on the subject:

Somewhere in a run-down bar in Albania, there sits in the corner a man in shabby clothes smoking cheap local cigarettes and weak beer. Every so often he takes a shiny object out of his pocket and states at it. He knows if he were to sell it, he’d become locally, a very wealthy man and his family would want for nothing. But he also knows that the thing is far more valuable than that, for so long as he keeps it, any who sets eyes on it, knows him for who he really is: A Prince of Thieves; the boldest man in the country - a legend.

Check for new replies or respond here...