inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Airbus superjumbo purchsed for private use

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/20/07 at 2:39 am

An unnamed buyer at the Paris air show has placed an order for an Airbus A380 superjumbo to use as a private jet.

Airbus said the individual, "not from Europe or the US", would use the plane for "personal use for him and his entourage", AFP news agency reported.

Read more here.

Subject: Re: Airbus superjumbo purchsed for private use

Written By: Red Ant on 06/20/07 at 3:01 am

Maybe someone could tell me why I have this wish that this A380 will be the first to crash and burn?

Nevermind, I can answer that: anyone who can spend a third of a billion dollars on a plane designed to carry over 800 passengers for his "personal entourage" is just in need of being smacked down a bit.

"Joss Garman, from Plane Stupid, said that buying a superjumbo for private use was like 'buying a filthy coal-fired power station just to use to charge up your mobile phone.'"

Joss Garman, wherever you are, karma +1.

Written By: Davester on 06/20/07 at 3:31 am

Well, you know, "If ya got it..."

I dunno, why is this news?  Don't the wealthy buy islands, and towns and skyscrapers and stuff..?

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/20/07 at 5:54 am

Man, talk about having a big carbon footprint.  ::) :o

Written By: statsqueen on 06/20/07 at 7:55 am

Man, talk about having a big carbon footprint.  ::) :o

My sentiments exactly.

Written By: karen on 06/22/07 at 8:08 am

An unnamed buyer at the Paris air show has placed an order for an Airbus A380 superjumbo to use as a private jet.

Airbus said the individual, "not from Europe or the US", would use the plane for "personal use for him and his entourage", AFP news agency reported.

Read more here.

I hope he chose Rolls Royce engines!

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/24/07 at 6:42 am

As cool as it might be to have his own personal A380, I am not sure that this guy has quite thought it all out.

There are not very many airports that can handle an aircraft the size of a 380.

The guy is also gonna have to own, say, a personal Boeing 737 or Airbus A320 as his "beater ride" if he wts to fly to most cities.

Written By: karen on 06/25/07 at 6:50 am

As cool as it might be to have his own personal A380, I am not sure that this guy has quite thought it all out.

There are not very many airports that can handle an aircraft the size of a 380.

The guy is also gonna have to own, say, a personal Boeing 737 or Airbus A320 as his "beater ride" if he wts to fly to most cities.

I've heard that he also owns an A340

Written By: philbo on 06/25/07 at 7:53 am

Stick it in the luggage compartment...

Check for new replies or respond here...