inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Beatless and co. on Larry King, Tuesday

Written By: bwnorx on 06/23/07 at 2:08 pm

The heading says it all, here are some links....googling it for yourself is probalby the best way

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/a%20beatles%20reunion%20on%20larry%20king%20live_1034770

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/4907024.html

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/larry.king.live/

Subject: Re: Beatles and co. on Larry King, Tuesday

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/25/07 at 2:36 am

Good to see the four represented as one again and this could make an interview to be watched.

I do hope that it will be shown over here.

Subject: Re: Beatless and co. on Larry King, Tuesday

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/28/07 at 9:17 am

George Hamilton was probably at home watching and asking, "Why wasn't I invited?"  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/07 at 9:44 am

I saw the show and it was very good (even though we had to put up with Yoko Ono  ::) ). Paul looked very tired but I guess it is natural considering what he is going through right now.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/28/07 at 11:03 am

I saw the show and it was very good (even though we had to put up with Yoko Ono  ::) ). Paul looked very tired but I guess it is natural considering what he is going through right now.

Cat
Was it Jet Lag Macca was suffering from?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/07 at 11:06 am

Was it Jet Lag Macca was suffering from?

That could have been part of it. But I think it has to do with that nasty divorce he is going through.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/28/07 at 11:07 am

That could have been part of it. But I think it has to do with that nasty divorce he is going through.

Cat
The divoice does sound nasty, but in the meantime Paull has been busy promoting his latest album.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/07 at 11:32 am

The divoice does sound nasty, but in the meantime Paull has been busy promoting his latest album.

To keep his mind off of his divorce.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/28/07 at 12:13 pm

Cat

He could have had a few drinks with Larry aftwerward to share their similar woes. Maybe that would also explain Larry's memory loss of who he was actually interviewing.  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/07 at 12:29 pm

He could have had a few drinks with Larry aftwerward to share their similar woes. Maybe that would also explain Larry's memory loss of who he was actually interviewing.  ::)

That was an honest mistake. They were talking about George so calling Ringo George was ok in my book. Now if he called Yoko George, that may have been a bit too much.  :D

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/28/07 at 7:33 pm

Larry King could recite the contents of every meal Paris Hilton was served in prison consecutively....but after four decades he can't tell Ringo from George...even though George Harrison has been dead for five frikkin' years!!!

What an uncool jerk!
:P

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/28/07 at 11:40 pm

Larry King could recite the contents of every meal Paris Hilton was served in prison consecutively....but after four decades he can't tell Ringo from George...even though George Harrison has been dead for five frikkin' years!!!

What an uncool jerk!

The Beatles have more importance in the life of people.

Written By: whistledog on 06/28/07 at 11:49 pm

I saw the title of this thread, and was like "Who are the beat less?" lol

I saw a bit of this special.  Paul seemed really exited when they entered the auditorium for the Cirque du Soleil show :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/28/07 at 11:51 pm

I saw a bit of this special.  Paul seemed really exited when they entered the auditorium for the Cirque du Soleil show :)
Even the stage must a spectacle?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/29/07 at 8:08 pm

There was an underground band called The Beatless!

It's true!

Written By: whistledog on 06/29/07 at 9:02 pm

There was an underground band called The Beatless!

It's true!

LOL I didn't know that.  I wonder if they ever got confused by Beatles fans lol

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/29/07 at 10:34 pm

LOL I didn't know that.  I wonder if they ever got confused by Beatles fans lol

Well, there's been more than one outfit to call themselves "The Beatless," and trying to locate the one I remember on Wikipedia is too daunting.  I believe they were a tape music/industrial-noise project distributed by Soleilmoon Recordings in Portland...and that was like 10 years ago!

I think there was also one called The Wife Beatles, but that's even more obscure!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/07 at 1:58 am

The Bootleg Beatles are the offical tribute band for the Beatles.

Written By: star500 on 06/30/07 at 4:51 pm

I saw the show....of course, LOL. I consider myself a hardcore Beatles fan. I have 3 of their albums and I've seen 2 of their movies. It was great seeing Ringo and Paul together again. It was also nice to see George's wife Olivia cause I've never really seen her before, except in pictures. I suppose it was somewhat nice to see Yoko....I don't particularly like her but I'll put up with seeing her. The only thing I was disappointed about was that Paul and Ringo didn't sing something together from the good old days....oh well. It was nice seeing them at Cirque Du Soleil at the end of the show though.

As for Larry King saying George instead of Ringo....give the man a break, he is old. Almost 80 years old. Everyone at that age has memory problems and I'm sure he didn't mean to say George. They were talking about George and he got mixed up, that's all. Everyone makes mistakes.

Check for new replies or respond here...