inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Price is Right to Rosie: "Go Pack Sand"

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/25/07 at 6:36 pm

Just saw Rosie saying that she is not going to do TPIR "because I really do not need the money" and because they would not move the show to New York.

Yeah, Rosie.  They're gonna move this Californian icon game show to New York just for you.  ::)

My guess is that they politely told her that The Price is WRONG.  ;D ;D

Subject: Re: The Price is Right to Rosie: "Go Pack Sand"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/25/07 at 7:22 pm

Did Rosie really think she was gonna get that gig?  Talk about wrong for the job!  It's like Michael Jackson trying out for the NFL.  Some things aren't meant to be.
:D

Rosie, get help!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/25/07 at 7:33 pm

I think Rosie needs a rest from heavy media attention and needs to mellow out for a bit. She's a bit fierce and maybe now is the time to evaluate things and get a rest.

I personally feel a man should host the show. I would really like someone close to Bob Barker to fill his shoes (which will never really happen since he's nearly irreplaceable)

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/07 at 9:40 pm

I bet it went down like this ...

CBS (to Rosie):  We're sorry Mrs. O'Donnell, but we're looking for someone else to be the host.  But if we ever need a show to go down hill and eventually get cancelled, you'll be the first ones we call to be the host

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/25/07 at 10:55 pm

Pack sand?

She can go gargle on razorblades while she's at it.

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/07 at 11:42 pm

Pack sand?

She probably gets off on that.  She is (as they say) quite the cutthroat ;D

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/26/07 at 1:14 am

Pack sand?

While chewing on tin foil, and shaving her head with a cheese grater...

Written By: Red Ant on 06/26/07 at 1:27 am

I bet it went down like this ...

CBS (to Rosie):  We're sorry Mrs. O'Donnell, but we're looking for someone else to be the host.  But if we ever need a show to go down hill and eventually get cancelled, you'll be the first ones we call to be the host

LMAO! So true...

Written By: SemperYoda on 06/26/07 at 7:11 am

I think The View was going downhill before she joined it in fact.  The ratings went up for the year that she was there.  I dont think she was right for The Price is Right, but things she does aren't all bad.  Like was said before, she may be fierce in her views and the way she portrays herself, but people still like her.  In fact, her first talk show had good ratings before she left that. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/26/07 at 7:02 pm

I think The View was going downhill before she joined it in fact.  The ratings went up for the year that she was there.  I dont think she was right for The Price is Right, but things she does aren't all bad.  Like was said before, she may be fierce in her views and the way she portrays herself, but people still like her.  In fact, her first talk show had good ratings before she left that. 

You have come close to the problem.  Rosie has what I call a deep-seated "Fear of Success".  As soon as she has something going good, she feel compelled to F-it up.

I have had people who I worked with for whom I have given a similar diagnosis.  Talented people, who, when given the chance and performing well, inexplicably undermine themselves, and on several occasions.  I eventually learned to identify these people and keep them out of my department.  Teams have enough problems achieving success without having people who are compelled to fail.

Deep down she does not believe that she deserves success and so she is compelled to turn any Fort Knox into a turd pile.  That is the REAL story of Rosie.  :-\\

Written By: nally on 06/26/07 at 8:16 pm

My guess is that they politely told her that The Price is WRONG.   ;D ;D

LOL :D ;D

Written By: SemperYoda on 06/26/07 at 8:19 pm

You have come close to the problem.  Rosie has what I call a deep-seated "Fear of Success".  As soon as she has something going good, she feel compelled to F-it up.

I have had people who I worked with for whom I have given a similar diagnosis.  Talented people, who, when given the chance and performing well, inexplicably undermine themselves, and on several occasions.  I eventually learned to identify these people and keep them out of my department.  Teams have enough problems achieving success without having people who are compelled to fail.

Deep down she does not believe that she deserves success and so she is compelled to turn any Fort Knox into a turd pile.  That is the REAL story of Rosie.  :-\\

Makes sense.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/26/07 at 9:28 pm

If Rosie had a "Fear of Success" syndrome, you and I wouldn't ever have heard of her.  She'd be just another fat, bitter Irish broad you see scowling on the Boston subway!

In our culture of narcissism, it's better to be a hated celebrity than a kind private citizen!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/partysmiley.gif

Written By: Reply on 06/26/07 at 11:04 pm

Yeah, Rosie.  They're gonna move this Californian icon game show to New York just for you.

How on earth is "The Price Is Right" iconic for being in California??  Like it friggin' matters.  She probably assumed it would be no big deal to move the show to New York, considering there are shows filmed there as well so they could find a soundstage i'm sure.  Plus, the majority of the contestants are from all parts of the country anyway, it's not like it's exclusive to california.

They should move the show anyway, a new host and a new location would be nice.  California gets all the stupid game shows anyway, let New York have one for a change.

Can someone please explain to me one thing though?  Why on earth do californians have such big egos?  Why is everything about "them"?  It's always California Versus New York to you people or California Versus the Rest of America. Lighten up already and drop the condescending attitudes, it just makes people hate you, and that makes america look worse.  And quit acting like California is the "good guys" while New York is the "bad guys", when infact it should be the other way around. Sheesh

Written By: whistledog on 06/26/07 at 11:14 pm

How on earth is "The Price Is Right" iconic for being in California??  Like it friggin' matters.  She probably assumed it would be no big deal to move the show to New York, considering there are shows filmed there as well so they could find a soundstage i'm sure.  Plus, the majority of the contestants are from all parts of the country anyway, it's not like it's exclusive to california.

They should move the show anyway, a new host and a new location would be nice.  California gets all the stupid game shows anyway, let New York have one for a change.

Can someone please explain to me one thing though?  Why on earth do californians have such big egos?  Why is everything about "them"?  It's always California Versus New York to you people or California Versus the Rest of America. Lighten up already and drop the condescending attitudes, it just makes people hate you, and that makes america look worse.  And quit acting like California is the "good guys" while New York is the "bad guys", when infact it should be the other way around. Sheesh

The show filmed in California for 35 years.  Why would they relocate it just for Rosie? 

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/27/07 at 6:14 am

If Rosie had a "Fear of Success" syndrome, you and I wouldn't ever have heard of her.  She'd be just another fat, bitter Irish broad you see scowling on the Boston subway!

In our culture of narcissism, it's better to be a hated celebrity than a kind private citizen!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/partysmiley.gif

"Fear of Success" does not mean that you never have a success.  It means that one cannot stand to have it for very long.

Also, interestingly, people whom I know with this syndrom usually are not known to blame everything on everybody else, at least all that much.  They usually have some off-beat reason/rationalization as to why they decided to turn off the lime light, like the "I don't need the money anyway" comments that Rosie had made.

They also (the ones that I have known) have this gregarious public persona.  But in private they are completely different people, actually sullen.

Like I said, the people who I know that have this syndrome are actually talented people.  But they have a compulsion to ultimately undermine themselves.  There is an executive in my industry who has this problem.  On three occasions he has had the situation come up where he gets the ultimate job.  And then he systemically destroys the situation and ends up resigning.  This guy has a huge dark side and it shows up about 4 months after he gets on a job.

But he DOES have a certain talent and that is why he has been hired, yet again, by another struggling company.  I told one of their leaders what this guy was gonna do, but they poo-pooed my advice, citing his technical talent.  Nevertheless it (this guy's fear of success and self-undermining behaviors) has already started, the guy in increasingly unavailable and disappointing in his performances.  And the company's owners are now understanding what I meant and are looking for a guy whose behanior is succeess-driven.

Check for new replies or respond here...