inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: US Judge Loses $54m Trousers Claim

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/07 at 3:47 pm

A US man has lost a $54m (£27m) claim against a South Korean dry-cleaning firm which lost a pair of his trousers.

Roy Pearson, a judge of administrative law, claimed that Custom Cleaners had violated the Consumer Protection Act.

By refusing to pay him $1,000 (£500) after losing his trousers, they failed to honour a pledge to provide "Satisfaction Guaranteed", he argued.

Read more here.

Subject: Re: US Judge Loses $54m Trousers Claim

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/26/07 at 4:10 pm

I heard that they did offer him a $1,000 which he didn't take. But, my opinion of this-GOOD!!! And I really hope that he has to pay restitutions to the couple.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/07 at 4:13 pm

I heard that they did offer him a $1,000 which he didn't take. But, my opinion of this-GOOD!!! And I really hope that he has to pay restitutions to the couple.

Cat
That is what  I have been told in the story of life, always take the first offer.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/26/07 at 4:15 pm

That is what  I have been told in the story of life, always take the first offer.

I think he was just being greedy and that poor couple. They are just trying to make a living.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/07 at 4:17 pm

I think he was just being greedy and that poor couple. They are just trying to make a living.

Cat
The thing I cannot crasp is that he is a judge and should understand law.

Written By: gumbypiz on 06/26/07 at 5:51 pm

The thing I cannot crasp is that he is a judge and should understand law.

Understanding law and using to for proper and appropriate restitution is two entirely different things.

This is one of the reasons people dislike lawyers so much, they use their knowledge of law in ways that cause harm to those that are not educated in law, for $$.

I hope they dis-bar him for this crap...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/26/07 at 9:39 pm

The case was so absurd I thougt it was a joke.  That judge is a nominee for a-hole of the year.  I think the owners of the dry cleaners should be compensated for the intimidation, harrassment, and nuisance this ridiculous person caused them
>:(

Check for new replies or respond here...