inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Newscaster's on-air Paris protest

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/30/07 at 5:36 am

US newsreader Mika Brzezinski has attempted to burn her script live on television in protest at being made to lead her bulletin on Paris Hilton.

The co-presenter of MSNBC's Morning Joe programme refused to read out the story about the celebrity socialite's release from jail ahead of items on Iraq.

"I hate it and I don't think it should be our lead," she said, before tearing up and trying to set fire to script.

Subject: Re: Newscaster's on-air Paris protest

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 06/30/07 at 9:19 am

I couldn't care less about Miss Hilton, nor do I think it should be the lead story, let alone be on the news at all. Save that crap for the gossip magazines.

Written By: La Roche on 06/30/07 at 9:59 am

US newsreader Mika Brzezinski has attempted to burn her script live on television in protest at being made to lead her bulletin on Paris Hilton.

The co-presenter of MSNBC's Morning Joe programme refused to read out the story about the celebrity socialite's release from jail ahead of items on Iraq.

"I hate it and I don't think it should be our lead," she said, before tearing up and trying to set fire to script.

Superb!

She's quite possibly the most respected individual in the media today!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/30/07 at 12:22 pm

Yeah, I saw it on Best Week Ever and I must say kudos to her.

Written By: Gis on 06/30/07 at 12:25 pm

Mint!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/30/07 at 12:47 pm

Here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul3zgUfSgqY

Good for her. It's about freakin' time.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/30/07 at 1:05 pm

My first thought was "Gee, this Bim forgot that her job is not about the news, it is about RATINGS."

But now that I think of it, maybe she remembered that after all.  'Twas a publicity stunt pure and simple.  Likely in cahoots with MFNBC muckity mucks too.  :P

Written By: spaceace on 06/30/07 at 1:12 pm

Too bad they didn't let her burn it!!!!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/30/07 at 1:23 pm

Too bad they didn't let her burn it!!!!

I dunno. After watching the clip it didn't seem like she was trying all that hard.

Written By: spaceace on 06/30/07 at 1:25 pm

I dunno. After watching the clip it didn't seem like she was trying all that hard.

You do raise a valid point.  It didn't look like she was putting much effort into it.

Written By: whistledog on 06/30/07 at 11:13 pm

I wanted to see her burn it lol

There is way too much freaking news about Paris Hilton, it's sickening.  So some snobby rich socalite gets out of jail.  Does it really take precedence over news of Iraq?  Ever since Paris got out of jail, she's been getting millions of dollars to go on talk shows and do magazine interviews about her experience in jail.  What's this world coming to when the rich get even richer for going to jail ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/01/07 at 6:50 am

I wanted to see her burn it lol

There is way too much freaking news about Paris Hilton, it's sickening.  So some snobby rich socalite gets out of jail.  Does it really take precedence over news of Iraq?  Ever since Paris got out of jail, she's been getting millions of dollars to go on talk shows and do magazine interviews about her experience in jail.  What's this world coming to when the rich get even richer for going to jail ::)

The rich shall always be with us.  But we will not always have Paris.

Written By: packerhawk24 on 07/01/07 at 6:12 pm

BRAVO for her! She should get awards for preserving the integrity of the media.

I'm glad she didn't burn the script though, that would've been a waste of good paper.

Parasite Hilton should be burned instead.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/09/07 at 6:55 pm

I am glad that the reporter did it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/09/07 at 7:52 pm

She's starting her own magazine,
Paris Snatch

:-X

Check for new replies or respond here...