inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Stupid cheesy songs on at the end of TV shows

Written By: star500 on 07/04/07 at 5:34 pm

Has anyone noticed that around the time Dawson's Creek was on TV they have been playing cheesy stupid songs at the end of shows? Sometimes they do fit the mood of the show, I will admit that but some of them are just boarding on ridiculous. So far, some of the shows that have incorporated cheesy songs into they're shows have been Dawson's Creek, Grey's Anatomy, One Tree Hill and some other shows I'm probably forgetting about. I don't hate it when they do that but it is kinda dumb. Thank God, not every show does that. 7th Heaven has never played a cheesy song at the end of the show and neither did Full House in its hey-day.

Even some of the soap opera's are starting to do it too. The Guiding Light has played a few sappy songs at the end of the show and so has Bold and the Beautiful. Y&R has been known to play cheesy songs at the end of the show as well.

Subject: Re: Stupid cheesy songs on at the end of TV shows

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/05/07 at 11:13 am

It's way of selling records.  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...