inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Balloonist Sets New World Record

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/07 at 9:02 am

Adventurer David Hempleman-Adams has successfully flown across the Atlantic in a helium balloon.

The 50-year-old from Wiltshire flew over the coast of Brittany, France, in the balloon four days after leaving Canada.

The completion of the 2,100-mile (3,379km) journey is thought to have set a new world record for the longest distance flight in a helium balloon.

The balloon is no bigger than an average living room.

On his online blog, Hempleman-Adams said: "We've done it! I've just passed the distance I needed to get the world record for the class of balloon I'm flying.

"I can't believe it. We've done it. I'm so pleased, thank you everyone."

In 1998 Hempleman-Adams became the first person to reach the geographic and magnetic North and South Poles as well as climb the highest peaks in all seven continents.

Subject: Re: Balloonist Sets New World Record

Written By: whistledog on 07/06/07 at 12:58 pm

Quite an achievement 8)

Didn't Richard Branson do something along these lines?  I know he likes to do these record breaking adventerous things as well

Subject: Re: Balloonist Sets New World Record

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/07 at 1:13 pm

Quite an achievement 8)

Didn't Richard Branson do something along these lines?  I know he likes to do these record breaking adventerous things as well
Without checking, and from what I remember Richard Branson always failed at his attempts at record breaking balloon flights.

Check for new replies or respond here...