inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: DO NOT BE A SPOILER: A Plea To Harry Potter Readers

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/08/07 at 12:49 pm

With the new (and last) book coming out soon, I'm sure all of us (who love the books) are anxious to find out who lives/dies in this last installment. However, there are some who love to reveal all the plot twists to others who have yet to read the book. My plea is that you do not spoil it for us who would rather find out while reading the book. If you MUST post a thread that has spoilers in it, please post it on the thread title so those of us who don't want it spoiled will not go to that thread until AFTER we read the book.

Thanks.

Cat

Subject: Re: DO NOT BE A SPOILER: A Plea To Harry Potter Readers

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/08/07 at 1:44 pm

It's a good idea.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/08/07 at 6:26 pm

OK, but don't blame me if you see me wandering around with this (you can click; it's old enough not to spoil the specific issue in this thread) T-Shirt.

Written By: snozberries on 07/08/07 at 6:31 pm

OK, but don't blame me if you see me wandering around with this (you can click; it's old enough not to spoil the specific issue in this thread) T-Shirt.

Thanks CAT... I was hoping to read the book the day it came out but now I have to wait a week because I work 10 days straight.. stupid co worker is taking vacation.

Written By: whistledog on 07/08/07 at 10:57 pm

In the final book, it is revealed that Harry Potter is the TRUE father of Anna Nicole's baby, and faces off against Larry Birkhead in the battle to end all battles :D

Written By: snozberries on 07/09/07 at 10:37 am

In the final book, it is revealed that Harry Potter is the TRUE father of Anna Nicole's baby, and faces off against Larry Birkhead in the battle to end all battles :D

Man I heard he killed JFK using that hour glass necklace thingy of Hermoine's  to go back in time.

Written By: Tia on 07/09/07 at 11:20 am

rosebud was harry's broomstick.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/09/07 at 12:22 pm

Oh man, I told you not to spoil it.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/09/07 at 2:39 pm

Spoiler #4.  Dumbledore & Voldemort insist on DNA testing to prove one of them is Harry's real father

Written By: danootaandme on 07/18/07 at 4:22 pm

784 page book.  :o Give me a break, that is what happens when publisher pay by the word.  I am looking forward to the spoiler.

BRING IT ON

Written By: whistledog on 07/20/07 at 12:50 am

The real spoiler:  In this book, Michael Jackson visits Hogwarts and turns the plot into a courtroom trial when Ron Weasley accuses him of getting a little too friendly.  In the theatrical film, the prosecuting lawyer will be played by Joe Pesci, reprising his role from 'My Cousin Vinny' :D

"Ya got mud in yer broomstick"

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 07/20/07 at 1:21 am

The real spoiler:  In this book, Michael Jackson visits Hogwarts and turns the plot into a courtroom trial when Ron Weasley accuses him of getting a little too friendly.  In the theatrical film, the prosecuting lawyer will be played by Joe Pesci, reprising his role from 'My Cousin Vinny' :D

"Ya got mud in yer broomstick"
;D  Michael is forbidden to use his wand around kids

Written By: annonymouse on 07/20/07 at 1:48 am

With the new (and last) book coming out soon, I'm sure all of us (who love the books) are anxious to find out who lives/dies in this last installment. However, there are some who love to reveal all the plot twists to others who have yet to read the book. My plea is that you do not spoil it for us who would rather find out while reading the book. If you MUST post a thread that has spoilers in it, please post it on the thread title so those of us who don't want it spoiled will not go to that thread until AFTER we read the book.

Thanks.

Cat

yeah my sister always cuts herself off of all media and outside contact when she gets a harry potter book. i suppose it's not all that hard for her though. she get's them at 12 am and reads them until she finishes about 6 hours later. she's crazy. i don't know how she does it. she's also ready each one about 6 or 7 times. she does the same with all books

Written By: Gis on 07/20/07 at 3:33 am

Apparently they are saying over two thirds of the people who have the book on order will go straight to the last few pages to see who dies!

Written By: danootaandme on 07/20/07 at 4:42 am

Apparently they are saying over two thirds of the people who have the book on order will go straight to the last few pages to see who dies!

Definitely my way of doing it, right in the bookstore to avoid paying the price, if I don't get to the spoiler sooner.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/20/07 at 8:50 am

Not that it concerns me whether I find out at one minute past the embargo release or not.

But if people really don't want to know, then you would be foolish to visit here or any other form of media until you read it for yourself.  Or answer the phone, or go outside, etc etc.

Personally, I think Harry and Ron will die of shock after FINALLY realising that Dumbledore has been a fake for the last couple of movies.  Snape and Hermione will get together as we know has always been pre-destined ( :o) and it will turn out that Hagrid is really Elvis.

Written By: La Roche on 07/20/07 at 10:32 am

So I walked in to the warehouse at work.. and there they were. This was a few days ago.. I've seen the book, but wasn't cunning enough to work out the location of their final hiding place. So I can't spoil a thing!  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/20/07 at 7:02 pm

;D   Michael is forbidden to use his wand around kids

You're bad, Badfinger!  Cleanse thyself!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/brushteeth.gif

Harry and his chums were behind 9/11!

Written By: whistledog on 07/21/07 at 12:25 am

Harry and his chums were behind 9/11!

Harry Potter and the Al Qaeda Terrorists :o

Other possible Harry Potter book ideas ...

- Harry Potter and the Pot Smokers (Harry becomes a drug addict, and goes on the run from the cops)

- Harry Potter and the M*A*S*H files (Harry learns that he is a distant relative of Col. Sherman Potter, so he goes to Korea to help fight in the war)

- Harry Potter and the Hendersons (Harry learns that he is a desendant from a family of Apes so he goes into the jungles to live like Tarzan)

- Harry Potter and the Hillbillies (While on a quest, Harry falls in with a southern family, and becomes the jug player in a folk band.  Will they qualify for the Southern Hilbilly finals?  Will Harry find true love in the sister he never knew he had?  And will he be able to grow a mullet so he can challenge local champion Benny Joe Bob in the Billy Ray Cyrus look-a-like contest?  A tornado hits their trailerpark.  Will Harry come to the rescue and save the day?)

- Harry Potter, P.I. (Harry starts up his own detective agency)

- Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings (Indiana Jones rivaled Allan Quatermain.  Can Harry Potter rival Frodo?)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/21/07 at 12:13 pm

Give 'em hell Harry Potter:
Harry Potter drops atomic bombs on Japan.

Harry Potter's Field:

Harry Potter buries dead homeless people in his backyard. 

Horny Peter:
Harry Potter's adult video doppleganger!
:-\\

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/22/07 at 4:58 pm

Dirty Harry Potter.  ;D

"This is a Firebolt, it's world's strongest wand, and it's capable of zapping a man, into oblivion. So you gotta ask yourself, I'm lucky?  Well, are you, punk?"  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/22/07 at 5:12 pm

Harry Potter and The Illegal Download

Harry gets into a smackdown, with James Hatfield and Lars Ulrich, for downloading Master of Puppets, from Limeware.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 07/22/07 at 5:59 pm

Definitely my way of doing it, right in the bookstore to avoid paying the price.

Which is what I did  :)

Written By: Mushroom on 07/24/07 at 6:55 pm

:D

Image stollen from http://www.badlydrawnkitties.com/

Subject: Re: A Plea To Harry Potter Readers

Written By: danootaandme on 07/24/07 at 6:59 pm

Anyone willing to lend  me their copy for a fee?  I will pay half price and the cost of postage back to your home.  Or I will go half on a copy with you and you can keep it when I'm done reading it.   Please  IM me. I am a very fast reader and a very good book owner; no creased corner pages, I use real bookmarkers.    My other alternative of course is to wait until Christmas and read it from the local library....IF they ordered a copy and IF someone doesn't swipe it in the meantime.   Thanks.

The libraries around here already have copies, the were sent out gratis, I believe. Get yourself on the waiting list.

Written By: McDonald on 07/24/07 at 7:07 pm

784 page book.  :o Give me a break, that is what happens when publisher pay by the word.  I am looking forward to the spoiler.

BRING IT ON

In Canada and the UK the book is only 607 pages, but there is so much to tie together in the last book. I finished it within about three days of some hardcore reading, and I still wish she had explained a few more things. But any fan will enjoy the hell out of every page in this last book. So much is made clear.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/24/07 at 7:21 pm

Hara-kiri Potter.

He becomes a Samurai warrior, disgraces himself, and impales himself on his blade.

Written By: snozberries on 07/25/07 at 12:58 pm

In Canada and the UK the book is only 607 pages, but there is so much to tie together in the last book. I finished it within about three days of some hardcore reading, and I still wish she had explained a few more things. But any fan will enjoy the hell out of every page in this last book. So much is made clear.

Mine was only 759 pages... how can that be?

Written By: Tia on 07/25/07 at 1:06 pm

Mine was only 759 pages... how can that be?
could be a different size or different typeface. text almost surely isn't different.

Written By: La Roche on 07/25/07 at 2:01 pm

could be a different size or different typeface. text almost surely isn't different.

The American versions are always longer. Lots of the fairly irrelevant stuff is left in.. which is strange, because in my experience, it's pretty impressive even getting the average middle American family member to read a book, never mind a long one.

Written By: snozberries on 07/27/07 at 8:22 am

The American versions are always longer. Lots of the fairly irrelevant stuff is left in.. which is strange, because in my experience, it's pretty impressive even getting the average middle American family member to read a book, never mind a long one.

Wow!  >:( That kinda makes me mad.... sounds like you think Americans are illiterate or something.

I have been reading for years. Okay not lately but years ago I read all the time! The unabridged version of Stephen Kings Stand is my most favoritist long book ever and I read every page.

Written By: Gis on 07/27/07 at 8:58 am

American books have different printed text I have noticed so that may account for some of the extra pages.

Written By: La Roche on 07/27/07 at 9:30 am

Wow!  >:( That kinda makes me mad.... sounds like you think Americans are illiterate or something.

Live in Missouri and you'd think the same thing.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/27/07 at 9:42 am

Live in Missouri and you'd think the same thing.  ;D

Alright maybe I'll give you that one  ;)

Written By: La Roche on 07/27/07 at 4:02 pm

Alright maybe I'll give you that one  ;)

;D There's a reason all the road signs get shot up, they can't read the numbers.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/27/07 at 8:33 pm

;D There's a reason all the road signs get shot up, they can't read the numbers.

Which brings us all full circle.  If a million Texans with a million shotguns drive by a million speed limit signs, you'll get at least one Harry Potter spoiler.  And you'll get it in braille.

Written By: La Roche on 07/28/07 at 9:16 am

Which brings us all full circle.  If a million Texans with a million shotguns drive by a million speed limit signs, you'll get at least one Harry Potter spoiler.  And you'll get it in braille.

;D ;D ;D That's brilliant!

Written By: Tam on 08/02/07 at 2:08 pm

Read it in 4 days even while hubby was here!
The Son read it in a little over 2!

I am bursting to discuss it!! ;D 8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/02/07 at 2:22 pm

PM me. I finished it about 4 this morning.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/03/07 at 11:36 am

me too. I have been holding it in since Tuesday the 23rd :D

Written By: loki 13 on 08/03/07 at 8:25 pm

I bought the book when it came out but up until that point it was the only Harry potter book I bought,
I had only seen the movies. As I read the first page I said to myself; this is pretty stupid. the following day
I went and bought the rest of the books and started reading the first one. I finished The Deathly Hallows
earlier tonight.

Written By: Gis on 08/06/07 at 4:21 am

So are we allowed to discuss it yet??

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/06/07 at 11:03 am

So are we allowed to discuss it yet??

I would say, if you want to discuss it (which I am all for  ;D ;D), start a new thread but be sure to include in the title that spoilers are included. That way, if people who haven't read it yet and don't want to know what happens until they read it, will know not to go to that thread.

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/06/07 at 5:29 pm

Got the book and let's put it this way , ________ ___________ , ___________  ____________,  ______________ ___________, and others die in the film. 

The only you'll find out from me, is over my dead body.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 08/06/07 at 7:35 pm

Got the book and let's put it this way , ________ ___________ , ___________  ____________,  ______________ ___________, and others die in the film. 

The only you'll find out from me, is over my dead body.  ;D

Cedric Diggory >:(, Sirrius Black :\'( , Albus Dumbledore  :\'( and others....just kidding I'm not telling either

but you forgot ___________, &  _________ __________ _________,

James and Lilly were already dead at the start of book one so they didn't die in the series  :D

Written By: statsqueen on 08/06/07 at 8:27 pm

It took me a little over 2 days because I had to work.  >:(  If I could have taken vacation time, could have done it in about 1.5.

I can't wait to discuss it either.

Check for new replies or respond here...