inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: True Confessions, or How I Break The Law

Written By: Mushroom on 07/15/07 at 2:39 pm

Something in another forum made me think of this, so I decided to make a topic and see if anybody was willing to admit to it.

As somebody else so wisely said, "We all break the law".  Sometimes it is speeding, sometimes it is useing a falsely gained handicapped parking plate.  Many of us use P-2-P to download music and movies.  How do you break the law?

Myself, I guess I have to admit I do it all the time.  I have friends who have dabbled in "Video Piracy" for a great many years.  It started with "Cable Boxes", then moved into pirating DirecTV and not Dish Network signals.  I bought a "Free To Air" box this year, and use it to watch all of my TV.  It allows me to watch all programming available on Dish Network sattelites (even the "Pay Per View" and local channels from other cities, plus Sirus Network radio) for free.

I used to download music from P-2-P, but gave that up when a friend told me about his dropping royalty payments because of this.  I still download things from P-2-P, but it now is largely "grey area" programming, like Old Time Radio broadcasts, or movies and TV shows that are not available here in the US (like Anime).

Subject: Re: True Confessions, or How I Break The Law

Written By: Mushroom on 07/15/07 at 2:41 pm

Oh, and the reason I put this topic in here?  That way somebody can log off, and make a post giving their "confessions" with an assumed name.  That way you can make your confession, and nobody but the administrators can tell who you are.

Subject: Re: True Confessions, or How I Break The Law

Written By: freeridemt on 07/16/07 at 6:00 am

Something in another forum made me think of this, so I decided to make a topic and see if anybody was willing to admit to it.

As somebody else so wisely said, "We all break the law".  Sometimes it is speeding, sometimes it is useing a falsely gained handicapped parking plate.  Many of us use P-2-P to download music and movies.  How do you break the law?

Myself, I guess I have to admit I do it all the time.  I have friends who have dabbled in "Video Piracy" for a great many years.  It started with "Cable Boxes", then moved into pirating DirecTV and not Dish Network signals.  I bought a "Free To Air" box this year, and use it to watch all of my TV.  It allows me to watch all programming available on Dish Network sattelites (even the "Pay Per View" and local channels from other cities, plus Sirus Network radio) for free.

I used to download music from P-2-P, but gave that up when a friend told me about his dropping royalty payments because of this.  I still download things from P-2-P, but it now is largely "grey area" programming, like Old Time Radio broadcasts, or movies and TV shows that are not available here in the US (like Anime).

I have 5 of the old CBS Radio Mystery theater, thats as far as I got My friend had to leave for a West Pac. I'll get the rest from him in the fall. 
Right now I am getting as much of the Big Band era that I can, working on Benny Goodman, Jimmy & Tommy Dorsey, Glen Miller and the Andrew Sisters. I think I have Every Louis Armstrong that ever came. Oh and just finished up getting the Ink Spots.
Think someone will get upset that I have the big bands right next to Carlos Nakai? ;) Love that flute.

Check for new replies or respond here...