inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who will see the Simpson's film.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/16/07 at 10:16 pm

I'm going to see the movie, it looks pretty good.

Subject: Re: Who will see the Simpson's film.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/16/07 at 10:19 pm

I've never been a fan of The Simpsons..infact, I don't think I've ever really watched an entire episode before...just bits and pieces of them from time to time.

Written By: whistledog on 07/16/07 at 10:22 pm

I will see it, but when it comes on DVD.  With the price of admission, this one I can wait for the small screen, after all, The Simpsons have been on a small screen since the 80s

Written By: OuterSpace on 07/16/07 at 10:47 pm

If I can make it!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/16/07 at 10:48 pm

I've been a fan of the Simpsons from the start, and before that Matt Groening's "Life In Hell" comic strips/books.  Yeah, I'm definitely going!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/17/07 at 1:22 am

I am interested in the Simpsons Movie, but I do not think I will go and see it.

Written By: Haynsoul on 07/17/07 at 2:05 am

I heard the writers from the original series (the episodes back when it wasn't sucky) are doing the movie so I'll definitely see it.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 07/17/07 at 2:25 am

I have loved the show for yrs and although I have no idea how a movie about it will be like but...... I think I might see it.. My boyfriend is a HUGE fan of it! He never wants to go to the movies so , I have to go, its the only way to get him to the MOVIES :)

Subject: h

Written By: tetratron on 07/17/07 at 3:23 am

:-X

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/17/07 at 3:47 am

I heard the writers from the original series (the episodes back when it wasn't sucky) are doing the movie so I'll definitely see it.

Cool, I actually didn't realize the original writers were involved in the movie (and yes, I'm sure I'll go to see it).

With that in mind, if you think about all the other promotion that's going into it (i.e. 7-11s transforming into Kwik-E-Marts or selling show products), I think this is sort of a temporary return to the c. 1991 glory days, at least in terms of it being a pop culture phenomenon. Yeah, it's still popular, but it's been around so long that everyone takes it for granted and it's so ingrained in us. It's like a part of our lives we discuss or quote without even thinking about it.

For the record though, I think the classic days lasted up to 1998 in a small way. To maybe Season 9.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/17/07 at 9:37 am

I don't really have many chances to go to the theater's, but I'm sure I will see it when it comes out on DVD.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/17/07 at 5:49 pm

I've been a fan of the Simpsons from the start, and before that Matt Groening's "Life In Hell" comic strips/books.  Yeah, I'm definitely going!

You should try getting free tickets to the premier.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/

I probably won't see it. Carlos doesn't care too much for the Simpsons. I may be able to talk him into when Netflix gets it.

Cat

Written By: coqueta83 on 07/17/07 at 11:14 pm

I hope I have a chance to go see it. It looks like a lot of fun!  :D

Written By: Mushroom on 07/20/07 at 1:44 pm

OJ has a new movie comming out?

Written By: spaceace on 07/20/07 at 1:49 pm

I'll go see it.

BTW since when is OJ acting again?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/20/07 at 2:01 pm

Nothing listed on imdb

Written By: Mushroom on 07/20/07 at 4:36 pm

Nothing listed on imdb

BTW since when is OJ acting again?

*watches the airplane zoom right over their heads*

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/square/sqevil.gif

Written By: spaceace on 07/20/07 at 5:35 pm

*watches the airplane zoom right over their heads*

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/square/sqevil.gif

D'oh!!  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/20/07 at 6:55 pm

"The Simpsons" had enough class never to do an OJ episode.  That's the difference between "The Simpsons" and "South Park" (and I say so as a big fan of "South Park")!

8)

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/21/07 at 8:25 am

I've never been a fan of The Simpsons..infact, I don't think I've ever really watched an entire episode before...just bits and pieces of them from time to time.

:o

But anyway, of course I'll see it...I'm prepared for the worst... 8)

Written By: Mushroom on 07/21/07 at 9:18 am

I have seen exactly 2 episodes.

The first was when Spinal Tap was on.  I am a big Tap head, and actually recorded that one when it first came on.  The other was when they had Gerald Ford on.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/24/07 at 7:15 pm

I will be seeing it. I think it will be something we've waited for for years, so I'd feel guilty not shelling out $9.45 to see it. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/25/07 at 1:02 am

The whole family will be going.

Written By: McDonald on 07/25/07 at 9:47 am

Well, I am definitely interested, but I probably will not have the chance to go see it in English, unless they play it at CFB Bagotville, the local air force base. It's the only place you can see an English film in the whole region. If they're playing it I'll go see it, if not, I'll probably watch it online.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/25/07 at 10:08 am

My son wants to see it. My husband doesn't, so that means I have to take him to go see it. However, I'm nine months pregnant, so hopefully I can make it.  :-\\

Written By: McDonald on 07/25/07 at 12:01 pm

My son wants to see it. My husband doesn't, so that means I have to take him to go see it. However, I'm nine months pregnant, so hopefully I can make it.  :-\\

Congratulations then! I wish you the best.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/25/07 at 12:58 pm

London sees the premier of the Simpson's movie at the o2 Centre tonight. There is yellow carpet for the stars attending.

Check for new replies or respond here...