inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Return of the pet detective

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/19/07 at 12:19 pm

The Ace Ventura franchise is to return to the big screen after a gap of 13 years.

The original two movies helped propel Jim Carrey to superstardom in the mid-1990s.

Now 12-year-old Josh Flitter will play the pet detective's son in Ace Ventura 3, reports Variety.com.

The story will see Flitter's character following in his father's footsteps by becoming a pet detective at school.

He has to track down a stolen baby panda after his mother is wrongly suspected of the crime.

Filming is due to start in September in Florida.

Subject: Re: Return of the pet detective

Written By: danootaandme on 07/19/07 at 5:42 pm

I don't know if this is gonna work, I tend to doubt it.

Written By: whistledog on 07/19/07 at 7:09 pm

Kids might like it, but for old school fans of the original, it won't be a big hit

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/19/07 at 8:03 pm

It seems like they can never leave well enough alone..they always have to make more and more movies (part2, 3, 4, 5000, etc)....it just gets more and more boring with each one they make.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/19/07 at 9:38 pm

See Son of The Mask.  ::)

Written By: whistledog on 07/19/07 at 10:22 pm

See Son of The Mask.  ::)

lol a good example!  Sequels should only be made because it is crucial to the plot (some exceptions are allowed like Die Hard or Rocky), but in these cases, they only make them because they can.  The way I see it, why ruin a good movie with a crappy sequel. They did that with Police Academy: Mission to Moscow.  They should have stopped at the 6th one

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/19/07 at 10:43 pm

I'm guessing this is slated to come out/take place in, like 2009. Does that mean Ace would've had a kid just after When Nature Calls takes place. Like 1996 or '97. I wonder if his mom is supposed to be anyone we know from the original two (i.e. Melissa, Courtney Cox's character).

I agree, the plot sounds so-so, but it's always cool to see continuations of anything you're into. I was always one of those people who thought about things in "storyline terms" as if they were real. Like, I wonder what happened to them after the movie was over, lol.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/19/07 at 10:46 pm

And Carrey agreed to this?  What did he do, spend all of his money on blow?
::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/20/07 at 9:25 pm

lol a good example!  Sequels should only be made because it is crucial to the plot (some exceptions are allowed like Die Hard or Rocky), but in these cases, they only make them because they can.  The way I see it, why ruin a good movie with a crappy sequel. They did that with Police Academy: Mission to Moscow.  They should have stopped at the 6th one

Agreeded.

Written By: audkal on 07/23/07 at 4:24 pm

Does that mean Ace would've had a kid just after When Nature Calls takes place. Like 1996 or '97. I wonder if his mom is supposed to be anyone we know from the original two (i.e. Melissa, Courtney Cox's character).

...or maybe that tribal girl that he slept with in the 2nd movie, lol.

I really don't know if this is gonna work though.  Too bad it's not Jim Carrey again--I don't think anyone could do it as good as he did (even if the character is supposed to just be his son).

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/24/07 at 11:10 am

...or maybe that tribal girl that he slept with in the 2nd movie, lol.

I really don't know if this is gonna work though.  Too bad it's not Jim Carrey again--I don't think anyone could do it as good as he did (even if the character is supposed to just be his son).

Funny enough I don't even remember that. It's been so long since I've seen When Nature Calls I forget most of the plot points, lol. I need to get caught up with it again.

Even if he's not the star, I would hope Jim would at least have a supporting role in this, like giving his son pointers or helping him out along the way. Probably unlikely, but it would be cool to have previous characters like Melissa, "Einhorn"/Ray Finkle or Tone Loc's character return, even if just in cameos.

Written By: audkal on 07/24/07 at 10:43 pm

Yeah, we don't actually find out he slept with her until the end of the movie, lol.

Return of classic characters would be great! :)

Check for new replies or respond here...