inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Colbie Caillat - Bubbly

Written By: Bubbly on 07/20/07 at 12:20 am

Has anyone heard this song? Its so cute.

Subject: Re: Colbie Caillat - Bubbly

Written By: Brian06 on 07/20/07 at 12:28 am

This song and girl are so adorable, I recommend it to anybody that enjoy warm sunny music lol.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2PWfB4lurT4

Written By: whistledog on 07/20/07 at 12:38 am

It's a little too cutesy of a song lol

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/20/07 at 9:24 pm

The song sounded pretty good.

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/23/07 at 3:31 pm

I'll be danged, I just heard this on Radio Margaritaville yesterday. Sweet little song, hope CC doesn't end up a OHW.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/23/07 at 7:05 pm

Yeah, I got it free off of Itunes

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/24/07 at 11:42 am

Not bad - it kinda sounds like some mid '90s accoustic alternative pop, like Sarah McLaughlin or a Sheryl Crow ballad, but in an original way and not a ripoff.

Written By: nally on 01/22/08 at 1:44 pm

Around November/December, this song was big on the U.S. charts and getting played regularly on the radio. It was around the first of December when I began to like it, and consider it one of my favorites.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/22/08 at 5:16 pm

I actually just added it to my collection yesterday. I finally decided it was good enough.

Written By: whistledog on 01/22/08 at 6:16 pm

I didn't expect this to hit #1, but here in Canada, it knocked Timbaland off the Top spot for a week :o

Written By: woops on 01/22/08 at 6:29 pm

Would've been better if Mandy Moore have sung this, though I doubt radio would give her a chance.

I find Colbie's voice too bland and the lyric "crinkle my nose" isn't really romantic.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/22/08 at 11:19 pm

I think it oozes with sweet and cuddly goodness!!!

No, seriously...I do like this song! :)

Written By: tv on 01/23/08 at 7:46 am

Would've been better if Mandy Moore have sung this, though I doubt radio would give her a chance.

I find Colbie's voice too bland and the lyric "crinkle my nose" isn't really romantic.

I think Colbie Callait is good looking woman but your right about her voice "Woops" in that it comes acorss as too bland. "Bubbly" reminded me of a watered down 1994 take on Sheryl Crow.

Written By: KKay on 01/23/08 at 9:06 am

I used to like it, but i got over it quickly.
yet i sing it at my brunch and everyone likes it....guess they havent' heard it as much.

Written By: Guest on 01/23/08 at 5:26 pm

Not bad - it kinda sounds like some mid '90s accoustic alternative pop, like Sarah McLaughlin or a Sheryl Crow ballad, but in an original way and not a ripoff.

Her last name is spelled McLachlan. If you were looking for a cd or something by her, you'd need to know how to spell her name properly. I agree with your sentiments on this song, altho I find it a tad overplayed.

Written By: KKay on 01/23/08 at 5:32 pm

Her last name is spelled McLachlan. If you were looking for a cd or something by her, you'd need to know how to spell her name properly. I agree with your sentiments on this song, altho I find it a tad overplayed.

wow. i didn't know sarah mclachlan was a member!

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/23/08 at 7:54 pm

I think Colbie Callait is good looking woman but your right about her voice "Woops" in that it comes acorss as too bland. "Bubbly" reminded me of a watered down 1994 take on Sheryl Crow.

Colbie?  I'd hit it...  :P

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/23/08 at 11:01 pm

who really cares? ::)

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/23/08 at 11:21 pm

Colbie?  I'd hit it...  :P

You know what, Lyricboy, I'm not trying to be a jerk (and I apologize for getting offtopic in this thread), but I'm really getting sick of your broken record comments dude. No disrespect here, but your contribution to the boards seems to almost entirely consist of "I'd party with her" or some like-minded offensive or at least juvenile sexual comments, like this one.

Not only does that come off like you have a very one-track mind, but it's offensive and disrespctful to women and just generally makes you sound like a low-class chauvenistic pig. That's really not classy. I'm NOT saying you are one necesarilly, but look at it from the receiving end of it (and there are other people who read this PUBLIC board) - when that's practically ALL you say, it doesn't exactly put you in a good light. You're making women sound like they're of no more importance to you than sexual objects, that's repugnant to me. To think whether or not you'd "hit it" is the main thing on your mind when it comes to another human being.

P.S. I'm not singing out Lyricboy for this, because I've noticed in general there seems to be this "locker room/Howard Stern-esque mentality" on the boards. It's even more pervasive now than before.

Written By: whistledog on 01/24/08 at 12:06 am

But what would LyricBoy be without his "I'd party with her" comments.  I'm not saying his comments are appropriate or inappropriate on this board, but I do know that most of the women he would like to party with, I would also like to party with ;D

Written By: single on 01/24/08 at 12:12 am

You know what, Lyricboy, I'm not trying to be a jerk (and I apologize for getting offtopic in this thread), but I'm really getting sick of your broken record comments dude. No disrespect here, but your contribution to the boards seems to almost entirely consist of "I'd party with her" or some like-minded offensive or at least juvenile sexual comments, like this one.

Not only does that come off like you have a very one-track mind, but it's offensive and disrespctful to women and just generally makes you sound like a low-class chauvenistic pig. That's really not classy. I'm NOT saying you are one necesarilly, but look at it from the receiving end of it (and there are other people who read this PUBLIC board) - when that's practically ALL you say, it doesn't exactly put you in a good light. You're making women sound like they're of no more importance to you than sexual objects, that's repugnant to me. To think whether or not you'd "hit it" is the main thing on your mind when it comes to another human being.

P.S. I'm not singing out Lyricboy for this, because I've noticed in general there seems to be this "locker room/Howard Stern-esque mentality" on the boards. It's even more pervasive now than before.

Ya seriously...there's actually a lot of posts on this PUBLIC messageboard that deter people from signing up. Disgusting.  :-[

Written By: single on 01/24/08 at 12:15 am

Ya seriously...there's actually a lot of posts on this PUBLIC messageboard that deter people from signing up. Disgusting.  :-participating in the discussions is what I meant.

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/24/08 at 3:46 pm

Ya seriously...there's actually a lot of posts on this PUBLIC messageboard that deter people from signing up. Disgusting.  :-
But what would LyricBoy be without his "I'd party with her" comments.  I'm not saying his comments are appropriate or inappropriate on this board, but I do know that most of the women he would like to party with, I would also like to party with ;D

Well, I always found his broken record "party with this and hit that" crap to be a little disrespectful and annoying...but that aside, come on Jason, you've gotta admit when you say the same thing over and over again, it tends to get really annoying. Not to mention it loses any individuality or identity it once had, because people EXPECT you to say it.

Maybe they wouldn't be so bad if it were occasional and more tongue in cheek. Even then I still wouldn't approve of it (I do find it degrading to women or at least a little juvenile), but I'd be like "bleh whatever" and move on.

I'll be honest here, I've wanted to tell people like him off for YEARS but just never could. If I told alot of people how I really thought about them, I'd probably get an *ss kicking. For instance, whenever I'd be around a group of guys in high school, somewhere I worked, or seeing them TV, anything....and I'd hear them similarly making these kind of comments (especially about women or their bodies, etc). I was the only other voice so I knew I'd be outnumbered, so I kept to myself.

Well, we're only around for 85-90 years, so sometimes you have to speak your mind. I always saw myself as someone who liked everyone pretty equally...but if what I feel means that I'm some kind of masculine feminist, then I'm proud of it.

Written By: whistledog on 01/24/08 at 11:39 pm

Right on, I agree. :)

Well, I always found his broken record "party with this and hit that" crap to be a little disrespectful and annoying...but that aside, come on Jason, you've gotta admit when you say the same thing over and over again, it tends to get really annoying. Not to mention it loses any individuality or identity it once had, because people EXPECT you to say it.

I actually don't find it that annoying.  If he was doing it in every single thread there was, then it would be annoying

Check for new replies or respond here...