inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lindsay Lohan hit with drug and alcohol arrest

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/24/07 at 12:47 pm

Yep, it's happened again. Such a sad shame....she could be such a pretty girl, and I've always enjoyed her movies. It's sad that people have to get wrapped up in drugs and such.

http://omg.yahoo.com/lohan-hit-with-drug-and-alcohol-arrest/news/1177

She looks so beat.
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20070724/i/r339353915.jpg?

Subject: Re: Lindsay Lohan hit with drug and alcohol arrest

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/24/07 at 1:20 pm

It's a good entertainment day here in L.A.

Addiction isn't a joke, though, and this chick is in need of a serious intervention - not that Promises crap.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/24/07 at 1:26 pm

Addiction isn't a joke, though, and this chick is in need of a serious intervention - not that Promises crap.

I agree...she really needs some REAL help.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/24/07 at 1:29 pm

I agree...she really needs some REAL help.

Seriously, her first step is to get the hell out of L.A. This place is too shallow and everyone's out to help themselves. She needs a stable spot where she can isolate herself from the enablers.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/24/07 at 1:30 pm

Seriously, her first step is to get the hell out of L.A. This place is too shallow and everyone's out to help themselves. She needs a stable spot where she can isolate herself from the enablers.

yes, that's definitely a good first step to take.

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/24/07 at 1:59 pm

I'm sure these celebs are paying big bucks for "treatment" at Promises.  Seems like many of the celebrity Alumni don't stay sober for very long after leaving.  I think the place needs to be investigated. 

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/24/07 at 2:23 pm

Wasn't she wearing that alcohol-detecting ankle bracelet jammie? 

Written By: thereshegoes on 07/24/07 at 2:33 pm

I blame the new haircolor,go back to red Lindsay,redheads have more fun and more importantly...don't get caught!

Written By: saver on 07/24/07 at 3:09 pm

Addicts telling others to stop it...yeah, that'll work! ;)

Lindsay, the next Anna Nicole?  :\'(

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/24/07 at 3:34 pm

I'm sure these celebs are paying big bucks for "treatment" at Promises.  Seems like many of the celebrity Alumni don't stay sober for very long after leaving.   I think the place needs to be investigated. 

To me, it seems more like a spa/sauna trip, rather than serious, hardcore rehab. The rates of rehabilitation seems too shifty. They really should be investigated.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/24/07 at 6:23 pm

Yep, it's happened again. Such a sad shame....she could be such a pretty girl, and I've always enjoyed her movies. It's sad that people have to get wrapped up in drugs and such.

She looks so beat.

I guess my dreams of partying with her are over.  :-\\

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/24/07 at 7:16 pm

I was saying the same thing this morning. She really needs a wake up call, and prison may just be the place to get it. Look at what it did to Paris Hilton. I haven't heard anything regarding her since she got out. It may be a temporary fix, but only time can tell.

Written By: spaceace on 07/24/07 at 7:28 pm

Paris probably has a great big grin on her face. 

I'm not sure if I feel sorry for Lindsay.  Hollywierd is full of accesses.  Maybe she'll be the last one . . . we hope.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/24/07 at 7:33 pm

It's too bad L.A. and Hollywood get such a bad rap. It's actually more modest of a city than you'd think, as far as I could see. It's the people who make it bad.

Written By: spaceace on 07/24/07 at 7:35 pm

It's too bad L.A. and Hollywood get such a bad rap. It's actually more modest of a city than you'd think, as far as I could see. It's the people who make it bad.

I'm from PA all I see is Entertainment Tonight.

Written By: whistledog on 07/24/07 at 7:39 pm

This kind of think might end up affecting Lohan's career.  I mean will producers hire her again?  She gets so much press about drugs and alcohol, it could affect ticket sales for movies which she is in

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/24/07 at 8:27 pm

The only reason I've even heard of Lohan is because of her substance abuse, scrapes with the law, and slutty behavior.  I can't think of the top of my head of a single media event that made her famous, other than tabloid noteriety.

She might die.  Merits aside, Marilyn Monroe, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, River Phoenix, Kurt Cobain, and Anna Nicole Smith all died premature deaths in debauchery.  The world keeps turning.

Written By: whistledog on 07/24/07 at 9:00 pm

^ If Lohan did die, assuming when, she would be the youngest of that bunch to go at such an early age

River Phoenix died when he was 23, I believe

Written By: Brian06 on 07/25/07 at 1:12 am

Damn shame what she's turned into. I used to really like her, I had a poster of her in my room in 2004 and rushed out to buy Freaky Friday lol.  :D

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 07/25/07 at 9:04 am

I had to laugh when I heard her father on TV saying that she never had any "problems" when they were a "family".....wake up, Mikey, YOU are probably a large part of the cause of her "problems" ::)

Written By: popking on 07/25/07 at 1:46 pm

Wow its like the their all dropping like dominoes in 2007. First Nicole, then Paris, now Lohan. Personally I think Lindsay's case is very sad, I liked her and I think she got too wrapped up in fame and the wrong crowd. Lindsay was always more "real" than the rest of these starlets.

Oh and for the record Britney's career (what was left of it) gets ruined next week when Ok! Magazine publishes an interview and photo session where Britney has a meltdown.

Written By: saver on 07/25/07 at 2:50 pm

This kind of think might end up affecting Lohan's career.  I mean will producers hire her again?  She gets so much press about drugs and alcohol, it could affect ticket sales for movies which she is in

Just a few words regarding getting rehired...libritarians,Robert Downey Jr., Tom Sizemore....
someone will sympathize with her..only when her antics run up a 'cost' for the company will it slow for her..then again, when you work for a supermarket or corp.,don't they give you help by sending you to rehab and keep you but in broadcasting,you're out the door...it's selective I guess?? ???

Written By: saver on 07/25/07 at 2:53 pm

It's also been said she was jealous of the British girl from 'The Parent Trap' movie for Disney she was in! ;D ;D

Written By: spaceace on 07/25/07 at 4:36 pm

It's also been said she was jealous of the British girl from 'The Parent Trap' movie for Disney she was in! ;D ;D

Yeah, she should be jealous of Halley Mills.  Halley is a much better actor.

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/25/07 at 4:40 pm

I'm not worried. I think she'll grow out of it with time.

Written By: whistledog on 07/25/07 at 4:47 pm

Did you see Jay Leno last night?  Lohan was s'posed to be on, but for obvious reasons she was unable to appear, so Rob Schneider (as Lindsay Lohan) filled in.  He had on a dress, fake boobs and a blonde wig, and talked as if he really was her ;D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/25/07 at 5:04 pm

I really want to believe it. But, L.A. is crazzaaaayyy! lol

Quote from: Mama_K on Today at 09:04:24 AM
I had to laugh when I heard her father on TV saying that she never had any "problems" when they were a "family".....wake up, Mikey, YOU are probably a large part of the cause of her "problems"

I agree!! Yeah, you care so much you air out your concerns on tv rather than by running to her.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/25/07 at 5:18 pm

Time for Elton John and Bernie Taupin to write "Candle in the Wind: 2007" for Lindsay.  :P

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/25/07 at 5:57 pm

Did you see Jay Leno last night?  Lohan was s'posed to be on, but for obvious reasons she was unable to appear, so Rob Schneider (as Lindsay Lohan) filled in.  He had on a dress, fake boobs and a blonde wig, and talked as if he really was her ;D

I saw that, too. I remember just on Monday night he said she'd be on, and then that morning, it all went down in Lohanland.

Written By: tv on 07/25/07 at 6:47 pm

Oh and for the record Britney's career (what was left of it) gets ruined next week when Ok! Magazine publishes an interview and photo session where Britney has a meltdown.
Please Britney hasnt been really been popular on the music scene since pre-Sept 11th basically. I know she did have a hit with "Toxic" in 2004 but I think an R&B singer Usher or even Alicia Keys was more popular than Britney by the time 2004 finished out.

As for Lindsay the girl needs help and I feel like if she doesn;t get the help she needs its going to kill her. I did think once she got Rehab and clean she was going to pull through but it didn;t happen.

Written By: tv on 07/25/07 at 6:49 pm

She looks so beat.
She sorta looks like actress Jennie Garth in that photo in her 90210 days: same skin tone on the top half of her face, same eye shape, and bonde hair although Lindsays nose and mouth look different than Jennie's in her 90210 days.

Subject: h

Written By: tetratron on 07/25/07 at 7:28 pm

:-X

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/25/07 at 8:14 pm

"Freaky Friday"?

In 30 years the popular meaning of the term "freaky" has changed in the same way as young "starlets."
I mean, in 1976, Jodie Foster only played a little 'ho on the big screen!
::)

Check for new replies or respond here...