inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: OUI: Orbiting Under the Influence.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/27/07 at 7:39 pm

CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (AP) -- Astronauts were allowed to fly after flight surgeons and other astronauts warned they were so drunk they posed a flight-safety risk on at least two occasions, an aviation weekly reported Thursday.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/07/26/astronaut.drinking.ap/index.html

You know, this would be funny, if it was....funny.
:-\\

How long has this extraterrestrial partying been going on?  I dunno, but the didn't call him "Buzz" Aldrin for nothing!
:D

"Gee captain, I don't think we should be drinking a pitcher of Martinis."
"Cool it, kid.  We're astronauts, we're the best and the brightest, the public worships us, nobody's gonna suspect a thing."

Let me tell you, I'm a pretty cynical person and I never considered drunken astronauts for a second!

On the other hand, I never thought an austronaut would drive 900 miles in diapers to blow away a romantic rival!"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/help.gif

Subject: Re: OUI: Orbiting Under the Influence.

Written By: spaceace on 07/27/07 at 10:02 pm

So what happens when you blow chunks in 0 gravity?

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/28/07 at 2:15 pm

Yet another reason why I am no fan of NASA.  In my opinion it is an organization of bureaucrats, thrill-seekers, and egghead kids who never outgrew their chemistry sets.

The money is better spent on the poor.

Written By: Red Ant on 07/28/07 at 10:37 pm

So what happens when you blow chunks in 0 gravity?

It comes out as a completely conical  (and comical) projection! (and ruins about 5 mil $ in equipment!). Pity the guy who makes 98$/hr that has to clean up that mess!

Knowing how much C2H5OH I needed on my last non-space flight, I can sympathise with the astronauts who got sauced!

Besides, there's probably some legitimate reasons for getting FUBARed on a NASA launch.... Challenger and Columbia come to mind...

Ant

Written By: spaceace on 07/29/07 at 9:12 am

It comes out as a completely conical  (and comical) projection! (and ruins about 5 mil $ in equipment!). Pity the guy who makes 98$/hr that has to clean up that mess!

Knowing how much C2H5OH I needed on my last non-space flight, I can sympathise with the astronauts who got sauced!

Besides, there's probably some legitimate reasons for getting FUBARed on a NASA launch.... Challenger and Columbia come to mind...

Ant

I knew there was a reason why I didn't want to do space travel.

Yeah, Columbia and Challenger would be heavy on their minds.

Maybe they should only send selected candidates who can hold their booze.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/29/07 at 2:09 pm

I knew there was a reason why I didn't want to do space travel.

Yeah, Columbia and Challenger would be heavy on their minds.

Maybe they should only send selected candidates who can hold their booze.

Captain (to Christa McAuliffe): Go back and make us some Old Fashioneds.  It's the red button marked "booze."

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/29/07 at 2:13 pm

On the other hand, I never thought an austronaut would drive 900 miles in diapers to blow away a romantic rival!"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/help.gif

I'm not surprised.  Lisa Nowak's romantic rival Colleen Shipman graduated from my high school.  I can tell you from personal experence there are LOTS of Center High School alums that people would drive cross-country in a diaper to kick their azzes.  ;) ;D ;D :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/29/07 at 2:17 pm

I'm not surprised.  Lisa Nowak's romantic rival Colleen Shipman graduated from my high school.  I can tell you from personal experence there are LOTS of Center High School alums that people would drive cross-country in a diaper to kick their azzes.   ;) ;D ;D :P

Hey, at least she gives the old alma mater something to boast about!

NASA: National Aero-Springer Agency

Check for new replies or respond here...