inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: **i move away from the mic to breathe in - "Chocolate Rain"

Written By: gumbypiz on 07/28/07 at 2:30 am

Has anyone (or better yet who hasn't) see this strange song/video "Chocolate Rain" by Tay Zonday on YouTube?

What is it with this song? Why is it so popular? I am dedicated user of Stumble Upon and its all over the net, and then there are all the equally strange parodies around too:

http://www.theplugg.com/2007/07/26/i-move-away-from-the-mic-to-breathe-in/

Such a simple monotonous tune, and yet I caught a coworker, and then myself humming it today.  ::)

Now its stuck in my head. :D

Anyone else have a opinion on what would normally be a little known YouTube video becomes such a bizarre and popular oddity on the internet?

Subject: Re: **i move away from the mic to breathe in - "Chocolate Rain"

Written By: KKay on 07/28/07 at 8:31 am

he's great.  i love that that deep voice comes out of that little body.

and that he lets us know about his recording technique....he's destined for greatness.

Written By: McDonald on 08/06/07 at 1:54 am

I just saw this tonight. But what I like even more is his karaoke version of Rick Astley's 'Never Gonna Give You Up'.

Written By: Haynsoul on 08/06/07 at 2:05 am

I watched "Best Week Ever" on VH1(lame show btw) and apparently this Tay guy is having the best week ever. Well good for him.  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...