inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Prisoners stabbing prisoners...

Written By: saver on 07/28/07 at 5:55 pm

News today of the prisoner serving life for killing Rebecca Shaeffer(?) was stabbed repeatedly by another prisoner serving life...I'm no die hard liberal but any person in jail that harms another should be bumped up to the next level of punishment...what, we give the guy MORE life terms...? NO!, WE KILL HIS BUTT ASAP!

Why hasn't anyone accelerated the process...is someone complaining....er Mike Farrell? 

Subject: Re: Prisoners stabbing prisoners...

Written By: whistledog on 07/28/07 at 6:07 pm

I wonder what started the stabbing incident?  The Rebecca Shaffer incident occured almost 20 years ago, so I doubt it's over that

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/28/07 at 6:46 pm

I wonder what started the stabbing incident?  The Rebecca Shaffer incident occured almost 20 years ago, so I doubt it's over that

I remember exactly where I was when I heard about Rebecca's murder, seems like yesterday.

I will not shed one tear for the prisoner who got stabbed.

Wish I could buy the other guy an ice cream cone.

Written By: whistledog on 07/28/07 at 7:02 pm

I remember exactly where I was when I heard about Rebecca's murder, seems like yesterday.

She had a promising career ahead, and Bardo ended it all for her.  I won't shed a tear for him getting stabbed either.  I only wish the stabber had finished him off

I was watching an episode of 'My Sister Sam' the other day, and it was sort of sad seeing her, knowing how her life came to a tragic end :\'(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/28/07 at 10:05 pm

She had a promising career ahead, and Bardo ended it all for her.  I won't shed a tear for him getting stabbed either.  I only wish the stabber had finished him off

I was watching an episode of 'My Sister Sam' the other day, and it was sort of sad seeing her, knowing how her life came to a tragic end :\'(

she was such a talented and beautiful girl.  :\'(

Written By: La Roche on 07/28/07 at 11:13 pm

I'm all for prisoners killing other prisoners.. saves some money for the taxpayer.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/29/07 at 7:38 am

I'm all for prisoners killing other prisoners.. saves some money for the taxpayer.

Well, I would not advocate violence against a prisoner who is there, let's say, for getting caught smoking a little reefer for the 10th time.

But the scum bags:  rapists, child molesters, murderers... que sera sera

Written By: spaceace on 07/29/07 at 9:18 am

Besides prison justice is brutal.  It's a whole different social formate.

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/29/07 at 11:05 am

That's why I'm in favor of the death penalty. Just a bit more by-the-book than what you suggest.
OTOH, at least this incident could've helped with prison overcrowding. :-\\ Think about it.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/29/07 at 1:24 pm

Oh, you mean the girl from "My Son of Sam" who was stalked and killed in '89?  Yeah, I don't feel sorry for that nutjob!

:D
You'll get your chance when he gets let out 'cos of prison overcrowding.  They need the bunks for potheads!

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/29/07 at 2:05 pm

Oh, you mean the girl from "My Son of Sam" who was stalked and killed in '89? 

That would be "My Sister Sam".  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/29/07 at 2:07 pm

That would be "My Sister Sam".   ;)

I know, I know.  That was my little joke.  It wasn't funny then, and it's not funny now.
:-\\

Written By: Marian on 07/29/07 at 3:35 pm

Yeah,it's karma time for the guy who got stabbed.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/29/07 at 4:51 pm

Well, I would not advocate violence against a prisoner who is there, let's say, for getting caught smoking a little reefer for the 10th time.

If I was a prison warden, I'd give the prisoners all the reefer they wanted, and any narcotic that promoted complete passivity. 
That way, they wouldn't want to stab the guards, they'd just want the guards to bring 'em cookie dough sandwiches. 
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/jinnwink.gif

Always figured a great way to curb inmate violence was the Nurse Ratched treatment: Full frontal lobotomy.  They'd still soil themselves, but they wouldn't have the wherewithall to hurl it at prison personnel!
But...you can't perform psychosurgery against a person's will, human rights violation you see!

More like que Sirhan Sirhan.
:D

Written By: La Roche on 07/29/07 at 5:20 pm

MmmHmm and general lifers are kept with lifers and short term guys are kept with other short term guys.

Besides prison justice is brutal.  It's a whole different social formate.

I love the treatment Nonce's get in prison. Boiling sugar water and razor blades.. oh dear.

That's why I'm in favor of the death penalty. Just a bit more by-the-book than what you suggest.
OTOH, at least this incident could've helped with prison overcrowding. :-\\ Think about it.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Gallows time.

Written By: saver on 07/30/07 at 1:14 pm

Let's teach them while in prison ..not metal shop where they can fashion a weapon from steel scraps, but pastry  making or janitorial sweeping floors or picking berries (you know... the job 'Americans' don't want to do for the low prices'..PROBLEM SOLVED!

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/30/07 at 5:44 pm

Let's teach them while in prison ..not metal shop where they can fashion a weapon from steel scraps, but pastry  making or janitorial sweeping floors or picking berries (you know... the job 'Americans' don't want to do for the low prices'..PROBLEM SOLVED!

I would suggest that if they actually need to be taught how to push a broom or pick a berry that they are already a lost cause.

Written By: saver on 07/31/07 at 2:35 pm

I would suggest that if they actually need to be taught how to push a broom or pick a berry that they are already a lost cause.

No, it isn't to teach them anything, it is to give them something to do that may be part of the punishment..do you know how many ne'er do wells already do those jobs? You read about them frequently..the janitor who goes postal, kidnaps, etc..

We'll get the task done and they will do it.
A thought to go over...l

Check for new replies or respond here...