inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: At last, Rihanna is knocked off the #1 in the UK

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/30/07 at 3:35 am

Timbaland's The Way I Are has knocked Rihanna off the top of the singles chart, ending her 10-week reign.

Rihanna's Umbrella was the longest-running number one single since Wet Wet Wet's Love Is All Around dominated the charts in 1994.

She has gone down to number three, with Kate Nash's Foundations at number two.

Subject: Re: At last, Rihanna is knocked off the #1 in the UK

Written By: whistledog on 08/02/07 at 4:55 pm

10 weeks was a good run.  It seems like a rare thing for an artist to holds lots of weeks at #1.  From what I can gather, songs rarely rise in the UK chart.  They debut at peak position, then slip down the chart from there

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/02/07 at 5:01 pm

10 weeks was a good run.  It seems like a rare thing for an artist to holds lots of weeks at #1.  From what I can gather, songs rarely rise in the UK chart.  They debut at peak position, then slip down the chart from there
That is the way of the modern day charts, gone are those days when the record used enter at a low position, then to rise up. 

Written By: Brian06 on 08/04/07 at 11:55 am

I love "The Way I Are", totally fun and awesome song. Good replacement for Umbrella.

Written By: McDonald on 08/05/07 at 11:10 am

I really don't like the song Umbrella at all. The worst part about hating a club hit like that is that they play it every time you go out, no matter where you go out. So it's really like a damper on your fun.

Written By: rock music on 08/08/07 at 6:36 pm

And when Rihanna was knocked off, it stopped raining!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/09/07 at 12:37 am

And when Rihanna was knocked off, it stopped raining!
Too true!

Check for new replies or respond here...