inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: First TV spot for "Halloween" Did anyone see it?

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 07/30/07 at 5:39 pm

The first TV spot for Rob Zombie's re-imagining of Halloween, made its world premiere during the new A&E show, "The Two Corys" starring Haim and Feldman. I didn't see it until it was put up on Rob's official Halloween Myspace.

Here it is in case you haven't seen it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V8TxggeUQDg

So what do you guys think? I think it is amazing. Michael Myers hasn't scared the crap out of me like that since... the original maybe.

I am so psyched to see it. Halloween opens in only 32 days (August 31).

Subject: Re: First TV spot for "Halloween" Did anyone see it?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/30/07 at 5:41 pm

Do you find it a bit inappropriate to release Halloween on a date other than Halloween?

Written By: kellygoo72 on 08/10/07 at 2:53 am

I think the movie will be good... I think Rob Zombie does a great job in his movies.. it will be interesting to see how it does... It does seem silly to have it open  now but, although it would be great in the late fall... The drive in around the corner from me will close for good after this summer and I am looking forward to seeing the Halloween movie at the drive in... reminds me of when I saw the other Halloweens at the drive in as a kid. Nothing beats a good scare! :)

Written By: NbC on 08/11/07 at 3:17 am

I thought the last thing anyone needed was another Halloween movie but from the trailer this remake looks pretty good.  I am looking forward to seeing this movie.  I think it would be a bit cheesy to have it open on Halloween. 

Written By: robby76 on 08/11/07 at 7:22 am

Yes please! Didn't know about this. The original is amongst my top 20 movies of all-time.

It's also hard to go wrong when re-making a horror, so I think it'll do well.

Written By: KKay on 08/11/07 at 7:54 am

The idea of two coreys is more frightening to me... :)

I LOVE the original and will stand by it until I see the new one.  I only think that the other Zombie movies - like House of 100000 Corpses, used lots of typical horror schemes- and a few threads that didn't go anywhere.  I guess he's feeling out the genre.  I'm sure he'll do well.  I hope it's great. Then I'll have something fun and scary to watch!

(where is the scared smiley?) http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/surprised.gif

Written By: snozberries on 08/11/07 at 10:33 am

Do you find it a bit inappropriate to release Halloween on a date other than Halloween?

I thought the same thing... maybe not opening on Halloween but at least giving it an October release date.   The original released 10/25/78

Check for new replies or respond here...