inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If you haven't finished Deathly Hallows then don't look here!

Written By: snozberries on 08/06/07 at 11:40 pm

Okay I'm going in!

Man I loved this book!  I am sad to see it come to an end. I could have used a longer epilogue tho. While it was nice to see it end full circle, watching Harry see his sons off to Hogwarts (Harry's first true home) it was sad that we didn't get just a bigger taste of the adults interaction. I want to see them at work, or get together for a birthday or something just to have a more time with them.

I was annoyed that JK didn't provide occupations for any characters (other than Neville) but on Dateline she said she sees Harry and Ron as aurors and Hermoine as the head of Magical Law Enforcement. Wonder what Draco is doing? 

I knew that Victorya is Bill and Fleur's daughter even though she didn't come out and say so.  But someone might have thought the kid was Georges... I guess George will name his kid Fred.

How F'd up is it that both Tonks and Lupin are gone. Makes Teddy the new Harry. But Teddy had a much better support system than Harry ever had... freakin Dursleys'.  Oh How cool was the exchange between Harry and Dudley?

See I would have loved to have seen if they have any relationship at all... I'm not saying they have to be best friends just cordial now that Dudley gets it.

:)  whew got it off my chest!

Subject: Re: If you haven't finished Deathly Hallows then don't look here!

Written By: Gis on 08/07/07 at 8:06 am

My favourite bit was Mrs Weasley dueling Bellatrix. You are so used to her being a Mum and doing household spells you forget she was the Hermione of her day. So I love the fact that she can still kick ass with her spells.
Dobby's death was heartbreaking, that's the only time I had tears in my eyes. I would have liked more ends to be tied up but apparently she is going to do that in an Encyclopaedia she is writting.

Written By: Tam on 08/07/07 at 10:53 am

I found the most gut-wrenching part to be when Harry realized he had to sacrifice himself in order to defeat Voldemort for good. Him walking to the forest, opening the snitch, seeing everyone he ever truly loved as ghosts and them walking with him - OMG! I cried my eyes and my heart out! (so much so that there are tear stains now on the outside of the book!)

I have a lot more to say as well, but time is limited right now so I will return! ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/07/07 at 11:00 am

I can't tell you how much I LOVE ALL the books-not just the Deathly Hallows. Yes, I do have Harry Potter fever. I must say that I do have a new respect for Snape. There was always the question was he good or bad from the very beginning but now we know for sure.

For those of you who want to know what happened to a lot of the characters, try here (half way down the page):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Deathly_Hallows

I'm glad that J.K. Rowling answered the questions left up in the air at the end of the book-but I wished that she including them. But, that article did ease my mind to "What happened to them?" (Of course I wanted to know what happened to Dolores Umbridge which the article answers.) But she didn't mention what happened to my favorite character, Prof. McGonagall, but I think we all can assume that she became head master of Hogwarts. 

Cat

Written By: McDonald on 08/07/07 at 11:43 am

Mrs. Weasley:

'Not my daughter, you B!TCH!!!'

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Racy! 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/07 at 12:03 pm

I'm surprised that there isn't more discussion.

When I read the chapter as they were preparing for the "battle of Hogwarts", I found my adrenaline flowing and I  literally had goosebumps. I was cheering them on and my husband was watching me and just laughed. (He read it before I did).

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/09/07 at 12:11 pm

I'm surprised that there isn't more discussion.

When I read the chapter as they were preparing for the "battle of Hogwarts", I found my adrenaline flowing and I  literally had goosebumps. I was cheering them on and my husband was watching me and just laughed. (He read it before I did).

Cat

That point where they were on the lawn of hogwarts and you could hear the giants coming from the forest I said out loud "RUN!"  and then turned the page and the first line of the next page... RUN!  yep!

Written By: snozberries on 08/09/07 at 12:25 pm

I also wonde how they present this story in the History of Magic class. Has been reduced to just a couple of paragraphs, a chapter or a couple of chapters.
Is there a book the rise and fall of the Dark Lord? Did Rita Skeeter write it?
Will Harry someday write his autobiography?  Probably not but would he let Hermione write one? 
What does Draco do? 
And I still want to know what happened when Dudley and Harry met again... plus, as a friend of mine pointed out... what exactly did Dudley see when he encountered the dementor? 

Written By: star500 on 08/09/07 at 5:14 pm

I loved the book, I love all the Harry Potter books. I thought of all of them Deathly Hallows was the best...the most action packed for sure. I felt like crying when Hedwig died and when Dobby died as well. I loved the final duel scene between Harry and Lord Voldemort when they were circling each other, that was TOO cool. I wish they had explained what happened to some of the other Weasley's like Charlie and Bill and I wish they told us whether Cho lived. I assumed she did because if she died, J.K. would have been sure to mention it, but it would have been nice to have some confirmation. I was thinking, J.K. Rowling could start a whole new series in the future the way she ended the books, it could be about Harry and Ginny and Hermione and Ron's children and there many adventures at Hogwarts. Just an idea though. I know J.K. Rowling probably doesn't want to think about Harry Potter for a little while though.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/07 at 7:53 pm

I loved the book, I love all the Harry Potter books. I thought of all of them Deathly Hallows was the best...the most action packed for sure. I felt like crying when Hedwig died and when Dobby died as well. I loved the final duel scene between Harry and Lord Voldemort when they were circling each other, that was TOO cool. I wish they had explained what happened to some of the other Weasley's like Charlie and Bill and I wish they told us whether Cho lived. I assumed she did because if she died, J.K. would have been sure to mention it, but it would have been nice to have some confirmation. I was thinking, J.K. Rowling could start a whole new series in the future the way she ended the books, it could be about Harry and Ginny and Hermione and Ron's children and there many adventures at Hogwarts. Just an idea though. I know J.K. Rowling probably doesn't want to think about Harry Potter for a little while though.

I think that she could write a series about James & Lily when they were at Hogwarts. There is so much history there that she mentions since the 3rd book with the map with Lupin & Sirius. I would love to know more about their adventures, too.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 08/09/07 at 8:48 pm

I think that she could write a series about James & Lily when they were at Hogwarts. There is so much history there that she mentions since the 3rd book with the map with Lupin & Sirius. I would love to know more about their adventures, too.

Cat

That would be so cool... I was thinking a story centered onTeddy rather than The Potter & Weasley kids but the idea of a prequel is so much better...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/07 at 10:33 am

That would be so cool... I was thinking a story centered onTeddy rather than The Potter & Weasley kids but the idea of a prequel is so much better...

There are so many different directions she could go-she could be writing books for the rest of her life.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...