inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: John Couey Gets Death Penalty

Written By: Red Ant on 08/24/07 at 1:57 pm

Just got done watching the trial on TV. John Couey, convicted for kidnap, sexual assualt and the murder of 9 year old Jessica Lunsford has been sentenced to death (plus three consecutive life terms) in Florida.

Here's the story:

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/jessica-lunsfords-killer-sentenced-to/20070824151109990001

Ant

Subject: Re: John Couey Gets Death Penalty

Written By: whistledog on 08/24/07 at 3:57 pm

If he's getting death, why is he also getting three consecutive life-terms? 

This guy should get more than the chair.  They should torture him slowly until he begs to be killed

Written By: Red Ant on 08/24/07 at 4:34 pm

Multiple charges. I think he got death for the murder, and life sentences for the burglary, kidnap and rape charges.

Ant

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/24/07 at 5:05 pm

This guy should get more than the chair.  They should torture him slowly until he begs to be killed

Let him have his choice of 4 methods...

-Death by lead enema...
-Have him drawn and quartered.  Then draw and quarter whats left over...
-Put his head on a pike... while it is still attached to him...
-Have him permaently handcuffed to Rosie O'Donell...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/24/07 at 7:26 pm

Well, I'm against capital punishment.  Period.  Even for subhuman scum like Couey.  However, you won't find me at the anti-death penalty candlelight vigil outside the big house the night Couey gets the hotshot.  Nup, nup, nooope!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/behead.gif

I'm against the death penalty for political reasons, and if you're against the death penalty, but for it if the convicted did something atrocious, then you're for the the death penalty, not against it.

BUT capital punishment is on the books in the state of Florida, so just hope they don't bring back Old Sparky while you're waiting your turn, John.  Frikkin' maggot.
\ >:(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/25/07 at 7:37 am

Let him have his choice of 4 methods...

-Death by lead enema...
-Have him drawn and quartered.  Then draw and quarter whats left over...
-Put his head on a pike... while it is still attached to him...
-Have him permaently handcuffed to Rosie O'Donell...

good idea.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/25/07 at 7:51 am

Well, I'm against capital punishment.  Period.  Even for subhuman scum like Couey.  However, you won't find me at the anti-death penalty candlelight vigil outside the big house the night Couey gets the hotshot.  Nup, nup, nooope!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/behead.gif

I'm against the death penalty for political reasons, and if you're against the death penalty, but for it if the convicted did something atrocious, then you're for the the death penalty, not against it.

BUT capital punishment is on the books in the state of Florida, so just hope they don't bring back Old Sparky while you're waiting your turn, John.  Frikkin' maggot.
\ >:(

You mean that you do not think that this guy is (a) mentally retarded, (b) part of a racial or socioeconomic underclass, (c) was framed by the cops, (d) insert other excuse to avois the noose here.  ???

I am surprised he has not yet exhorted the police to continue the search "for the real killers" yet.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/25/07 at 10:09 am

i say torture this individual in the same way he tortured his victim(s). But of course...

Written By: Marian on 08/25/07 at 12:40 pm

Fine with me.If the retarded want to be treated as well as the rest of us,they need to pay the same penalty if they do something wrong.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/25/07 at 2:48 pm

You mean that you do not think that this guy is (a) mentally retarded, (b) part of a racial or socioeconomic underclass, (c) was framed by the cops, (d) insert other excuse to avois the noose here.  ???

I am surprised he has not yet exhorted the police to continue the search "for the real killers" yet.

He might be A and B, but if you rape and murder a little girl, you forfeit your freedom for the rest of your life.  If there is a case that Couey was framed by the police, let it be explored.   
My stance against capital punishment has nothing to do with excusing violent crime.
Perhaps some people deserve to die for their crimes.  That's a philosophical question. 
However, no criminal justice system is free enough from prejudice and free enough from error to be entrusted with execution.  The U.S. is the last country in the Western world to think otherwise.

Check for new replies or respond here...