inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Britney Spears "Gimme More" (2007)

Written By: Brian06 on 08/31/07 at 7:36 am

Pretty dumb, the usual from Britney. Good production at least lol.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=202834

Subject: Re: New Britney Spears "Gimme More" (2007)

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 08/31/07 at 7:38 am

no matter what she sings, it sounds cheesy. i think she just has a cheesy voice.

the production is pretty good though. but i think she passed up the chance to work with Timbaland AND Justin Timberlake (who I hate anyway)!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/31/07 at 7:58 am

total pile of dog crap. She never has had talent. ::)

Written By: whistledog on 08/31/07 at 4:12 pm

I agree

Written By: LilSmurf on 08/31/07 at 5:24 pm

No matter what song she makes....she will always lip sing it because they touched up her voice during the recording.

Written By: tv on 08/31/07 at 9:00 pm

I didnlt hear the track thats up on this thread but i will listen to it on Thursday when I have the day off because now my parents are home.

I don;t think Britney can make a great comeback because of all the bad press lately(any news at all about a celebrity used to be good news) but America is fed up with celebs negative news stories it seems like currently. Britney just doesnlt fit into today's music I mean her music just doesn't go well into the trends that are popular nowadays. 

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/31/07 at 9:03 pm

Would someone please just force her to bite the curb already?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/31/07 at 9:29 pm

HA! Good idea! ;)

Written By: Tam on 08/31/07 at 10:42 pm

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Recording Industry Association of America, Inc.

Go figure

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 08/31/07 at 11:46 pm

I didnlt hear the track thats up on this thread but i will listen to it on Thursday when I have the day off because now my parents are home.

I don;t think Britney can make a great comeback because of all the bad press lately(any news at all about a celebrity used to be good news) but America is fed up with celebs negative news stories it seems like currently. Britney just doesnlt fit into today's music I mean her music just doesn't go well into the trends that are popular nowadays. 

i agree. all the material she's come out with so far sounds soooo cheesy now. not that it wasn't always cheesy, but now....it sounds worse than ever.

and i don't think this "comeback" will be a sucessful one, because she hasn't done a THING to make herself look better, psychially or reputation-wise. she's so trashy.

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/01/07 at 12:24 am

But... but... Her bootiful teeth will fall out!

... And I LOVE HER MUSIC!! >=O RAWR!

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/01/07 at 7:45 am

Good point. I honestly think no matter what she released in terms of sound or production, it has a good chance of being a flop. Just because of how her image has gone so far downhill in the last couple years, the public will have a hard time taking her seriously anymore. Plus, even before the personal problems she's now in, she hasn't been known for her music in quite awhile, instead being famous more for her all around celebrity factor. Her music is too tied to 1999-2001 (even though "Toxic" was a hit in '03, even for then it seemed like she was slightly outmoded).

Music aside, it's really sad if you think about the downward spiral her life has taken (considering her wholesome-esque image in the beginning), but I suppose she's at least partially responsible for bringing that on herself.

Written By: Haynsoul on 09/01/07 at 1:22 pm

I suggest the producer find a better artist to produce for.

Is he new? He might have a good future ahead of him. :D

Written By: Brian06 on 09/01/07 at 1:40 pm

I suggest the producer find a better artist to produce for.

Is he new? He might have a good future ahead of him. :D

It's Timbaland's assistant Danja...he's been rapidly building up his resume lately.

Written By: whistledog on 09/01/07 at 1:54 pm

It's Timbaland's assistant Danja...he's been rapidly building up his resume lately.

If he's producing Britney's new material, he'll be blacklisted in no time ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 09/02/07 at 7:21 am

It'll be a hit, I know top 40 radio stations will play it and it'll get downloads. The album won't sell that well though.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/02/07 at 9:38 am

she needs to dissappear for 7 months, grow some more hair, do some serious work with a personal trainer, get on a new diet, get an excellent personal stylist, get some more voice lessons, get into therapy, maybe write a few songs, and make a real come back.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/02/07 at 4:33 pm

she needs to dissappear for 7 months, grow some more hair, do some serious work with a personal trainer, get on a new diet, get an excellent personal stylist, get some more voice lessons, get into therapy, maybe write a few songs, and make a real come back.

Yeah, that or.. just.. don't come back. Ever.

Written By: whistledog on 09/02/07 at 4:39 pm

She needs to disappear for good.  I used to think she was just crazy and it didn't really bother me, but then I saw on the news where she hit that parked car and didn't even check the damage on the car she hit.  I mean what is she, mental or something?

She's almost as messed up as Michael Jackson

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/02/07 at 8:43 pm

Yeah, that or.. just.. don't come back. Ever.

now, THAT is a good solution! ;)

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/02/07 at 9:00 pm

I think one of two things will happen - she'll completely fade away/have a career change/become tabloid fodder as her life goes even further downhill, or this will be her weird "midperiod" before she makes a 2010s comeback.

For better or worse, I'm betting on the former, although I hope I'm wrong.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/03/07 at 1:33 am

LOL... Couldnt agree more! ;D

Written By: Zoso on 09/06/07 at 11:27 pm

She's almost as messed up as Michael Jackson

Which makes her only half as cool.  8)

I like the new Britney song. I wish her the greatest success with her new album. :)

Written By: whistledog on 09/06/07 at 11:35 pm

I like the new Britney song. I wish her the greatest success with her new album. :)

You again !?! ;D

It's not a good thing though that she's nearing Jacko in the wacko factor.  Now if they did a duet, I would listen to that.  Two wack jobs might not sound too bad.  After all, mathematical logic says that two negatives equal a positive :D

Written By: Zoso on 09/07/07 at 5:16 am

You again !?! ;D

It's not a good thing though that she's nearing Jacko in the wacko factor.  Now if they did a duet, I would listen to that.  Two wack jobs might not sound too bad.  After all, mathematical logic says that two negatives equal a positive :D

Hell yeh I'd love an MJ/Brit duet. At the moment, I'd even rather that than an MJ/Madonna duet (which I've been holding out for for years).

Written By: sonikuu on 09/07/07 at 5:47 pm

Britney Spears is apparently opening up the MTV Video Music Awards.  Comeback sadly confirmed.  Public hate can turn into public adoration so quickly.

Written By: whistledog on 09/07/07 at 5:51 pm

Britney Spears is apparently opening up the MTV Video Music Awards.  Comeback sadly confirmed.  Public hate can turn into public adoration so quickly.

Well, she's already opened up her pants, her skirt, her underwear, and herself to ridcule.  What's one more thing to open up ...

:D

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/07/07 at 6:10 pm

Ha... HAHAHAHAHA! I'm sorry, I just thought it was funny you come in complimenting Michael Jackson as you have him for your avatar.

Just... kind of funny, is all.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/08/07 at 2:53 pm

I've heard worse, but that's pretty bad :P

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/08/07 at 7:32 pm

If you could time travel, a duet between them wouldn't be so bad. The 1999 Britney and the 1983 MJ together might make a kinda cool song.

Seriously though, I doubt her musical comeback, even if it happens, will be too long-lasting. For better or worse, she has such an "image" now (both musically, and in the tabloids about her personal life) that she didn't have early on. That's probably one reason her music was popular then...people were paying more attention to it, since she didn't have an instant image at the time. And she did seem alot more innocent/wholesome in 1999 to 2001.

Written By: woops on 09/08/07 at 8:15 pm

wholesome  ???

Many parental groups and feminists were riled up of her debut video, thrashy image, and that Rolling Stone cover.

Written By: sonikuu on 09/10/07 at 2:01 am

Well, it looks like I might have been wrong when I said her opening up of the VMAs would make her comeback confirmed.  The performance was pathetic (no energy!), the audience was clearly not into it at all, and its getting a ton of scorn all over the media.  Even the Britney fans admit that the perfomance was terrible. 

Looks like her chance at a big comeback has just been ruined...and I couldn't be happier.  Although Sarah Silverman's joke about Britney's kids being "mistakes" was in bad taste, especially when Britney had performed just a couple minutes before.

Written By: Haynsoul on 09/10/07 at 2:14 am

I'm watching the VMAs right now and it already looks like it's going to crash and burn. Britney's performance was horrible and the audience seems so dead. I think the announcer lady was begging for the audience to cheer at one point.  :o

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/10/07 at 6:44 am

i expected her to bomb.

Written By: Zoso on 09/10/07 at 7:22 am

It's a bummer that she did such an awful performance at the vma's. I was really looking forward to it, and I thought she was going to tear the roof off. Oh well. Atleast, hopefully, her new album will be worth a listen. I like "Gimme More" and "Kiss You All Over" (the only songs I've heard so far from the new LP). Them two songs are much better than the two songs I've heard so far from Madonna's new album ("Candy Shop" and "The Beat Goes On"). Madonna's new stuff is horrible.

My prediction is Madonna's new album will be another "American Life". It wont chart well, it wont sell well and fans and crtics alike will rubbish it. As for Britney. She may have some success with the album. But it's doubtful. After the vma's, she now officially over in most people's minds. She pretty much turned away any fans she had. So both Britney and Madonna will bomb this year. However, Mariah will probably own. I am pretty sure her new album will be a huge hit.

And it may seem like a far-out prediction that most of you will disagree with, but I think the fall of Madonna and Britney will cause Michael Jackson's new album to be a huge hit next year. Think about it. Madonna is like the female version of him. A lot of people compare the two. In recent years she has owned the lime-light. After this album is released, and she fades away again. The lime-light will be free for Michael to step into. Also Britney has been called the next Michael Jackson in the sense that she has gone competely nuts. If she continues to fall off the rails she will take all the negative attention away from Michael. So Madonna fading away puts all the postive attention on Michael, and Britney going off the rails takes all the negative attention away from him. It's a win/win situation. Michael's album will be a big hit next year.

I've heard short snippets of two of the songs that will definately be on the album, as well as a complete song (sung by a demo singer, not Michael) which might be on the album. All three songs kick ass. The two short snippets I heard sound very original, fresh and futuristic in the sense that they both seem way ahead of their time. That's been the thing that has made Michael Jackson so successful in the past. He is always one step ahead of everyone else in the industry, and he still is today. I will bet anyone here any amount of money that Michael Jackson's new album will be a huge success and will pretty much dominate 2008 the way Thriller dominated 1983.

So you can put that on the record. Zoso's prediction for the near future of pop music....

- Madonna's new album will bomb.
- Britney's new album will be a minor success, but not what one would call a "hit".
- Mariah's new album will be a big success. She will be the most successful out of her fellow "pop princesses".
- Michael's new album will be a huge hit. It will be one of the biggest albums of 2008.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/10/07 at 7:34 am

^i agree with you, except on Michael's album. i think it will probably go #1, and sell at least platnium, but i don't think it will be a huge hit.

Written By: Zoso on 09/10/07 at 7:41 am

^i agree with you, except on Michael's album. i think it will probably go #1, and sell at least platnium, but i don't think it will be a huge hit.

What do you consider a huge hit? To me, the most recent album's I consider huge hits are The Emacipation of Mimi and Confessions of Dance Floor. Both bordered on 10 million copies sold worldwide and went to #1 in most contries. Plus they won numerous awards each. I can definately see Michael's album going to #1 in most countries, selling close to 10 million (probably around 8-9 million, but only Michael Jackson could break the 10M barrier in today's record industry), and cleaning up at the Grammy's, VMA's, BET's ect.

Do you agree on my points about Madonna's and Britney's downfall making Michael Jackson more popular? If he times the release of his new album right, it could work brilliantly. Madonna fades away, Michael steps up as the 80's popstar who has comeback in a big way. Britney goes off the rails and become the new "whacko", taking the negative attention away from Michael.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/10/07 at 7:52 am

Zoso, you actually make some pretty interesting points. I'm not totally sure I agree with everything, but I do think in the musical sense, Britney is pretty much over by what everyone has said about the VMA performance. When even hardcore fans are saying it's so-so, that's not a good sign. Actually, you could probably argue she's been in a downturn since her 1999-2001 peak. When "Toxic" was a hit in '03, even then it almost seemed like a comeback or an attempt to update herself, as opposed as an actual continuation of her "hot" period.

For better or worse, her personal life has really overshadowed her musical or even her celebrity appeal lately (and I do say that as a semi fan and someone who liked her in the beginning myself). Because of that, it'll be hard for the public to take anything else she does seriously, at least for awhile. I do sort of get where you're coming from in terms of her and Michael almost "switching places" as far as being a joke in the media.

You have to keep in mind though, that even without Michael's controversies over the years, the pop industry itself could prevent him from having a grand scale comeback. Even on the level of Dangerous, let alone Thriller. Yes, he was extremely influential on almost every type of music, dance, fashion or video aspect of pop culture in the 1983+ time. Lots of people will probably continue to be inspired by him....but he is pushing 50. You've gotta admit the '00s are very YOUNG in that respect, alot more than past decades tended to be. With that in mind, I think his CD will be a moderate success. Probably better than Invincible, and with a few hits, but it won't be revolutionary the way his 1983-1992 stuff was. Hey I'm a fan of his too, so I'd like to be proven wrong on that, but I'm looking at it from every angle.

With Madonna, you're probably right. The Dancefloor album was probably just a semi comeback. There's probably some truth in what you were saying about her and MJ not really sharing the spotlight at the same time.

Written By: Zoso on 09/10/07 at 8:01 am

That's the biggest problem with Michael. He was so huge from 83-92 that no matter what, no one will ever accept anything he does as a comeback. Even if he sells 10 million copies, has a string of hit singles and cleans up at all the award shows, people wont call that a successful comeback because there was a time where he sold 100 million copies on 1 album, had 6 #1's off the same album and won 8 Grammy awards in one night. He has no hope of every doing that again. No one does. With today's p2p and mp3 technology, no one, not even Michael Jackson, can ever sell anything close to the amount Thriller, Bad or Dangerous sold. It's just not possible. So because of his out-of-this-world success in the 80s and early 90s, people are going to find it very hard to call anything he does from no one, a comeback. Invincible sold 11 million copies, but that was considered a flop by most people. As opposed to the 8 million Confessions on a Dance Floor sold, which was called Madonna's comeback. So Michael is going to find it very hard to be succesful enough for people to accept what he's done as a comeback.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/10/07 at 8:27 am

^ Yeah, the public probably holds him to such a high standard just because he was one of the most influential musicians of the 20th Century. They won't let him live Thriller down (and, to a lesser extent, Bad and Dangerous) because everything has been compared to that. Isn't it weird how even a flop from him probably sells more than alot of artists' "hit albums". I guess it's all relative depending on the performer.

I agree also, on downloading and p2p sales cutting into the sales of CDs in general by any artist. There haven't really been any classic albums since 2004/'05, and no huge musical phenomenons since the boy bands in the late '90s.

One thing about older artists that I've noticed lately, is that their revival is limited to their older stuff back in the '80s. Like, more people will admit to being fans, but the artists themselves won't really have any modern day comebacks with huge new songs (the way, say '60s and '70s artists did during the '80s and '90s). Since Michael had such out of this world success, he might be an exception, but it's hard to say. I'm predicting that Britney and Madonna's fall might actually help his chances somewhat, but it'll still be kinda half and half.

Written By: Brian06 on 09/10/07 at 9:04 am

I wasn't watching the performance, but I saw the youtube video last night and it was horrible. What can you say...she lazily comes out on stage while the songs plays in the background and idk she looked lost or something (probably was drunk) as she wandered around stage clueless. What happened to all Britney's dance moves? Britney embarrasses herself yet again.

Written By: Brian06 on 09/10/07 at 9:10 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070910/ap_en_tv/mtv_awards

Poor Britney...lol

Written By: pooface on 09/10/07 at 1:34 pm

Hell yeh I'd love an MJ/Brit duet. At the moment, I'd even rather that than an MJ/Madonna duet (which I've been holding out for for years).
bitches and pervs dont mix

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/10/07 at 6:01 pm

It's official: Britney Spears has now entered her "Fat Elvis" stage.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/6910/britney0sn.jpg

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/10/07 at 7:00 pm

And yet.... I would still party with her.  :P

Written By: Red Ant on 09/10/07 at 7:30 pm

I saw part of Britney's performance on the VMAs. I think bagging on her body is a bit unfair: she's not bad looking for having two kids. The "music" and performance however is a different matter. Total trainwreck all around. Why she chose to lip-sync when she wasn't doing any kind of vigorous dancing is beyond me. The fact she was noticeably out of time with the track didn't help at all. The song was the worst though: "Gimme More" is something that might get played at low rent strip joints. It sounded like cheesy phone sex recorded over a techno track.  I couldn't understand half the lyrics.

Ant

Written By: Dukefan on 09/10/07 at 8:55 pm

What a disaster for both Britney and MTV. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/11/07 at 5:38 am

What a disaster for both Britney and MTV. 

This just sets the stage for a triumphant comeback, some time in the future.  Shrewd move...

Written By: Marian on 09/11/07 at 1:40 pm

Give her some more clothes for sure!!!That last stage outfit sucked big time!

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/11/07 at 4:42 pm

I've had two kids and I wish my stomach looked that good!  ;D

I felt really bad for her.  It was embarrassing to watch.

Written By: tv on 09/12/07 at 9:30 am

I heard Kanye West say he was upset that Britney got the lead off perfromance at the VMA's and Kanye said if it was Justin Timberlake that had a perfromance lead-off for the VMA he would'nt have been mad. Kanye said Britney wasn;t prepared(to perform.)

Written By: tv on 09/12/07 at 9:40 am

It's a bummer that she did such an awful performance at the vma's. I was really looking forward to it, and I thought she was going to tear the roof off. Oh well. Atleast, hopefully, her new album will be worth a listen. I like "Gimme More" and "Kiss You All Over" (the only songs I've heard so far from the new LP). Them two songs are much better than the two songs I've heard so far from Madonna's new album ("Candy Shop" and "The Beat Goes On"). Madonna's new stuff is horrible.

My prediction is Madonna's new album will be another "American Life". It wont chart well, it wont sell well and fans and crtics alike will rubbish it. As for Britney. She may have some success with the album. But it's doubtful. After the vma's, she now officially over in most people's minds. She pretty much turned away any fans she had. So both Britney and Madonna will bomb this year. However, Mariah will probably own. I am pretty sure her new album will be a huge hit.

And it may seem like a far-out prediction that most of you will disagree with, but I think the fall of Madonna and Britney will cause Michael Jackson's new album to be a huge hit next year. Think about it. Madonna is like the female version of him. A lot of people compare the two. In recent years she has owned the lime-light. After this album is released, and she fades away again. The lime-light will be free for Michael to step into. Also Britney has been called the next Michael Jackson in the sense that she has gone competely nuts. If she continues to fall off the rails she will take all the negative attention away from Michael. So Madonna fading away puts all the postive attention on Michael, and Britney going off the rails takes all the negative attention away from him. It's a win/win situation. Michael's album will be a big hit next year.

I've heard short snippets of two of the songs that will definately be on the album, as well as a complete song (sung by a demo singer, not Michael) which might be on the album. All three songs kick ass. The two short snippets I heard sound very original, fresh and futuristic in the sense that they both seem way ahead of their time. That's been the thing that has made Michael Jackson so successful in the past. He is always one step ahead of everyone else in the industry, and he still is today. I will bet anyone here any amount of money that Michael Jackson's new album will be a huge success and will pretty much dominate 2008 the way Thriller dominated 1983.

So you can put that on the record. Zoso's prediction for the near future of pop music....

- Madonna's new album will bomb.
- Britney's new album will be a minor success, but not what one would call a "hit".
- Mariah's new album will be a big success. She will be the most successful out of her fellow "pop princesses".
- Michael's new album will be a huge hit. It will be one of the biggest albums of 2008.
Where are we comparing Michael Jackson and Madonna to Britney. Britney was only hot for 2 or 3 years guys. Michael Jackson and Madonna had longevity musically which Britney does not have(at least for now.) As far as Mariah is concerned she is a different artist than Michael Jackson or Madonna.

I think the reasons Britney was because she was at the right place at the right time right in late December 1998(in a music scene sense), the great state of the econmoy at that time(which helped Britney bubblegum brabd of music become big), and her managers had good business tactics for awhile to keep her popularity on the top-heep and she released a CD every year basically(1999, 2000, 2001) but by 2003-2004 she was just not relevant any more or as relevant as she was in 1999-2000. Remember music in 2003 is different from music that was made in 1999.

Written By: tv on 09/12/07 at 9:47 am

You have to keep in mind though, that even without Michael's controversies over the years, the pop industry itself could prevent him from having a grand scale comeback. Even on the level of Dangerous, let alone Thriller. Yes, he was extremely influential on almost every type of music, dance, fashion or video aspect of pop culture in the 1983+ time. Lots of people will probably continue to be inspired by him....but he is pushing 50.
Yeah listen to R&B singers Ne-Yo's new song called "Can We Chill" and it sounds like something Michael would or could have done(1983-1992 period.) I mean the production and the vocals that Ne-Yo did in that song sounds very Michael Jackson-esque but Ne-Yo did pull it off very well I think.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/12/07 at 10:01 am

I heard Kanye West say he was upset that Britney got the lead off perfromance at the VMA's and Kanye said if it was Justin Timberlake that had a perfromance lead-off for the VMA he would'nt have been mad. Kanye said Britney wasn;t prepared(to perform.)

Yeah, I actually read an article that said pretty much the same thing too. He said he felt sorry for her for having to go out on stage when she wasn't prepared. That probably compounded the backlash she'll end up getting. Her musical stardom period pretty much ended by 2002, but I think ever her hot celebrity period might be coming to an end, at least for now.

Even if she's kinda led the "Paris Hilton lifestyle" recently, I do feel sorry for her in a way, for all the negative attention she's bound to get for all this.

Written By: Zoso on 09/12/07 at 9:58 pm

Yeah listen to R&B singers Ne-Yo's new song called "Can We Chill" and it sounds like something Michael would or could have done(1983-1992 period.) I mean the production and the vocals that Ne-Yo did in that song sounds very Michael Jackson-esque but Ne-Yo did pull it off very well I think.

Not to mention Chris Brown's performance at the vma's. He got a louder appluase/cheer for his Billie Jean tribute than any other part of his set. Even Michael Jackson himself commented on it. Which I thought was interesting. Some of you might appreciate this...

“Chris is a bright and shining star whom I enjoy watching perform. I am happy to have had a positive influence on him.”

Sorry to bring Michael Jackson into this. I know a lot of you don't care for him. But you have to admit that alot of things that happened at the vma's had a Jackson-tinge to it. Britney Spears reminds me so much of Michael Jackson. A teen popstar who is now being brutally bashed by the media who are desperately trying to label anything she does as "bizarre". That reminds me of what happened to Michael Jackson so much. And Chris Brown and Rihanna's performance was so MJ-inspired that I can't help but think they were MTV's poor man's subsitute for the real thing. MTV are screaming out for Michael Jackson right now. It's so damn obvious to me. The whole industry is desperately awaiting MJ's new album. An obviously fake MJ song was spread around the internet disguised as the debut single from his new album. As soon as it reached the masses, radio stations all over played it saying it was MJ's new joint. It was quickly denied by his spokewoman, but it jsut goes to show how desperately everyone wants MJ back if they are quick to jump on something so obviously fake.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/13/07 at 12:25 am

Flit-Boy's influence will continue to be felt for decades to come.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/13/07 at 3:25 am

Looks like someone likes Britney a little too much.  ::)

(Warning: This guy sez bad words.  :o :o :o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Written By: tv on 09/13/07 at 10:48 am

Not to mention Chris Brown's performance at the vma's. He got a louder appluase/cheer for his Billie Jean tribute than any other part of his set. Even Michael Jackson himself commented on it. Which I thought was interesting. Some of you might appreciate this...

“Chris is a bright and shining star whom I enjoy watching perform. I am happy to have had a positive influence on him.”

Sorry to bring Michael Jackson into this. I know a lot of you don't care for him. But you have to admit that alot of things that happened at the vma's had a Jackson-tinge to it. Britney Spears reminds me so much of Michael Jackson. A teen popstar who is now being brutally bashed by the media who are desperately trying to label anything she does as "bizarre". That reminds me of what happened to Michael Jackson so much. And Chris Brown and Rihanna's performance was so MJ-inspired that I can't help but think they were MTV's poor man's subsitute for the real thing. MTV are screaming out for Michael Jackson right now. It's so damn obvious to me. The whole industry is desperately awaiting MJ's new album. An obviously fake MJ song was spread around the internet disguised as the debut single from his new album. As soon as it reached the masses, radio stations all over played it saying it was MJ's new joint. It was quickly denied by his spokewoman, but it jsut goes to show how desperately everyone wants MJ back if they are quick to jump on something so obviously fake.
First off neither Michael Jackson or Britney Spears are teen-pop stars anymore I mean how old is Britney like 25 or 26 now and Michael Jackson hasn't been known as a teen-pop star since his 1st solo album(Off the Wall) at least or his days in the Jackson 5. I do agree with you in that MJ and Britney Spears are a lightning rod for the media to keep on covering the bizzare things that they do though. 

As for Rihanna she remind me of 00s Jody Watley in a way but without the talent Jody had. Chris Brown is what people thought Tevin Campbell would be when Tevin first come onto the scene in 1990 or 1991 but than Tevin Campbell went to be more like a A/c R&B artist in the mold of R&B singer Babyface in 1994.

I do recognize Michael Jacksons his body of work from 1983-1992 but the guy just doesn;t have it what it takes to score a hit nowadays but his influence on today;s musicians is definately there.

Written By: whistledog on 09/13/07 at 11:16 am

The whole industry is desperately awaiting MJ's new album

I know my trash can is excited about it ;D

The only reason radio stations played what they thought was MJ's new song was so they could make jokes about it.  I mean everyone is sick of Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan jokes, but Michael Jackson jokes live on forever! ;D

♦ Did you hear Macaulay Culkin might consider running the Hurdles?  He had lots of experience jumping fences in his escape from the Neverland Ranch

♦ What's the difference between a reporter and Michael Jackson?  A reporter has a nose for the news.  MJ has a new nose

♦ What's MJ's two favourite songs?
     - 'Playing With the Boys' by Kenny Loggins
     - 'I Fall to Pieces' by Patsy Cline

♦ Did you hear about the new McDonalds McJackson burger?  Matured meat inside fresh buns

thank you! thank you! i'm here all week ;D

Written By: Tia on 09/13/07 at 1:32 pm

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

that’s how i feel when people call kim richards names. i feel your pain, sister!

Written By: Tia on 09/13/07 at 3:09 pm

er, brother. sorry. :-[

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/13/07 at 6:44 pm

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

that’s how i feel when people call kim richards names. i feel your pain, sister!

Buaha. I commented. Doubt he'll read it what with the 4 million + views.

Written By: Tia on 09/13/07 at 9:58 pm

then there's this. somehow it's not as funny but i like it.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=17978550

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/13/07 at 10:40 pm

then there's this. somehow it's not as funny but i like it.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=17978550

Yeah, I'm not bothering to watch. I want to keep this Britney Spears one pure.

Written By: whistledog on 09/16/07 at 3:15 pm

'Gimme More' is new in the Canadian Hot 100 at #53 :\'(

I hope it doesn't enter the Top 40.  I fear the worst

Written By: Elko on 09/25/07 at 12:49 pm

No way! She can only make it if she comes to her first career period, and her career periods maybe are as follows:

1998-2001: Innocent girl - I liked her!
2002-2005: Whore - I didn't like her crappy songs and naked videos.
2006-2007: Crazy whore is trying hard to get more attention - Sucks.

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/25/07 at 12:56 pm

Looks like someone likes Britney a little too much.  ::)

(Warning: This guy sez bad words.  :o :o :o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Ha Ha, this guy is from the town I live in.  He actually made the front page of the newspaper because of this. 

Written By: Brian06 on 09/27/07 at 8:27 pm

"Gimme More" a day after being released is now the most downloaded song on itunes.

Written By: tv on 09/30/07 at 2:58 pm

"Gimme More" a day after being released is now the most downloaded song on itunes.
The song sounds(from what I have heard it)like every Timbaland song thats been produced in the past year. She's not a trendsetter like she was from 1999-2001. She hasn;t improved vocally I don;t think. Maybe she should have waited a couple more years to put out an album. I mean the girl has gone through so much in the past year I mean to put an album out now is questionable.

Written By: tv on 09/30/07 at 3:05 pm

No way! She can only make it if she comes to her first career period, and her career periods maybe are as follows:

1998-2001: Innocent girl - I liked her!
2002-2005: Whore - I didn't like her crappy songs and naked videos.
2006-2007: Crazy whore is trying hard to get more attention - Sucks.
It looked like that from in the 2003-2004 period she was trying to update her sound because of the glam rap era that had become popular with 50 Cent, Nelly and Chingy in 2003 with a song like "Toxic." In 2005 Britney didn;t put out any new music out there.

2006-2007 I have alot of sympathy for Britney and what she has gone through I wouldn;t call her a whore though. Believe me I wasn;t happy either when Britney became popular in 1999 because basically when she became popular the music scene changed for the worst but I do have sympathy for her and what she has gone through of late.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/30/07 at 3:12 pm

I think I'll allow myself to be declared close-minded on this one and not watch it or listen.

Written By: Tia on 09/30/07 at 3:53 pm

I think I'll allow myself to be declared close-minded on this one and not watch it or listen.
i tried to watch britney's VMA performance (if you google it on youtube all you get are reams of people telling you to leave her alone now) and i accidentally downloaded this annoying spyware onto my work computer, had to pay 30 bucks for a program to get rid of it before the folks at IT found out.

up yours, britney! i blame you. and george w. bush.

Written By: Tia on 10/02/07 at 12:29 pm

oh no!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071001/ts_nm/spears_custody_dc;_ylt=AlrrvAVlH8dUTgBO4JRQHblZ.3QA

Spears loses custody of children to ex-spouse By Steve Gorman
Mon Oct 1, 7:12 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Britney Spears' troubled personal life upstaged her bid for a career comeback on Monday as a judge ordered the pop star's ex-husband to take sole custody of their two children later this week.
No reason for the decision was contained in the court order that was made public. Representatives for Spears and her former spouse, Kevin Federline, a dancer and aspiring rap performer, were not immediately available for comment.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/02/07 at 11:06 pm

The song sounds(from what I have heard it)like every Timbaland song thats been produced in the past year. She's not a trendsetter like she was from 1999-2001. She hasn;t improved vocally I don;t think. Maybe she should have waited a couple more years to put out an album. I mean the girl has gone through so much in the past year I mean to put an album out now is questionable.

She was never any good vocally... lol.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/02/07 at 11:34 pm

i tried to watch britney's VMA performance (if you google it on youtube all you get are reams of people telling you to leave her alone now) and i accidentally downloaded this annoying spyware onto my work computer, had to pay 30 bucks for a program to get rid of it before the folks at IT found out.

that's rotten. Britney owes you $30 bucks. You should sue VMA, and sue Youtube. damn spyware crap  >:(  anyways, I did watch her performance when it aired and I couldn't believe they allowed her to perform, It was bad, but based on so many previous performances where she was well rehearsed, energetic & had her lip synching down pat, she was really good at what she does and expectations are high.. But this VMA performance was the pits and the song sounds so repetitive, I don't know how many times the lyric "Gimme More"  is sung, but what I do know is that it is too many times. over and over. I'm thinking if, the record company wants her to comeback, they need to provide her some serious soul seraching songs, because she has a nice voice and if she gets the right songs, she can come back. can't she? and then she can do a Playboy spread, & then get back into the Vegas Showgirl Pop Princess thing she does so well.  8)

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/02/07 at 11:42 pm

It looked like that from in the 2003-2004 period she was trying to update her sound because of the glam rap era that had become popular with 50 Cent, Nelly and Chingy in 2003 with a song like "Toxic." In 2005 Britney didn;t put out any new music out there.

2006-2007 I have alot of sympathy for Britney and what she has gone through I wouldn;t call her a whore though. Believe me I wasn;t happy either when Britney became popular in 1999 because basically when she became popular the music scene changed for the worst but I do have sympathy for her and what she has gone through of late.

That's true, even though "Toxic" was a pretty big hit, I also thought she seemed like an older artist trying to catch up with the 2003ish sound. I agree about your other point, too. I think she's made some poor choices in her personal life, and even though she's not the best role model (certainly way different than her more innocent, girl next door image in 1999) I do feel sorry for her. She seems like a good person who just slowly went overboard in terms of her hard partying lifestyle. She probably needs to get her life together before she gets her kids back, though.

Written By: woops on 10/05/07 at 3:32 pm

Deb talks about BS

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/05/07 at 4:53 pm

I once tried to find the lyrics to a Shawn Mullins album. I found a fansite and as soon as I clicked on it, I got about five viruses at once and my computer was immediately unusable... We had to reinstall Windows and everything. >:-{

Written By: Max on 10/08/07 at 1:54 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ8MWPd75eg

Way better than the original!

Written By: Tia on 10/08/07 at 5:48 am

^that's fun! i'm gonna suggest my bar band do a cover like that.

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/08/07 at 6:08 am

One more brief thing I'll say about Britney in general - even though I'm not and never was massively into her, I was a semi-fan since 1999. Like, I was enough of a supporter that I would look for the positives whenever something came up about her or she'd get trashed by somebody, etc. That said, even I've started changing my mind about her in the past year or so (probably when she had kids, because by then it wasn't just her to be concerned about). I do think she's a good person, but needs a reality check and probably some time out of the spotlight.

But the point is, you know things aren't looking good when even the hardcore, more devoted fans start turning or changing their opinion.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 10/08/07 at 11:18 am

This song has reached #3 in the U.S.

Written By: Jessica on 10/08/07 at 11:22 am

http://www.dlisted.com/files/wenn1610274.jpg

She looks constipated.

Written By: whistledog on 10/08/07 at 11:30 am

http://www.dlisted.com/files/wenn1610274.jpg

She looks constipated.

Well, her music is crap after all ;D

Written By: sonikuu on 10/08/07 at 3:13 pm

I notice the song hit #3 in the US.  BTW, does anyone else think all the Britney developments in the past month have done nothing but helped her?  Her VMA performance, the Chris Crocker guy, losing custody, etc. has suddenly got her back in the spotlight.

I think this whole "Britney is terrible" fiasco has done nothing but help her.  Her terrible performance at the VMAs actually got her in the spotlight more than she would if she had put on a decent show.  People are naturally more drawn to complaining about how terrible something is than talking about how good something is.  Then you had the "Leave Britney Alone!"Chris Crocker guy.  Somehow, his video got 2 million views in two days and within a day, it was all over the media, and he got signed to do his own show.  Does anyone else think that this seems manufactured?  How did a guy whose previous videos got 500,000 views over months suddenly get 2 million views in two days, got all over the media within a day, and got his own tv show?  Maybe its the conspiracy theorist in me, but it seems like a manufactured attempt by the media to create more buzz for Britney.  How many other youtube people had their videos get all over the media in a day and get signed for their own show the next day?  All too convenient if you ask me.

All in all, I think this has done nothing but help her.  Had her performance been halfway decent and Chris Crocker not been hyped up by the media, she wouldn't be as high as she is.  Due to all this buzz, people want to hear the song.  Its that simple.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 10/08/07 at 5:11 pm

^I think the Chris Crocker thing was a total act. He said a million times that it wasn't, but it seems to me it was.

I think "Gimmie More" is soppoused her most sucessful song since "Oops I Did It Again". That's defintely a good omen....This song has actually grown on me. I actually think I would really like it if someone else sang it though, since Britney's vocals make anything sound cheesy.

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/08/07 at 7:57 pm

^I think the Chris Crocker thing was a total act. He said a million times that it wasn't, but it seems to me it was.

I think everything Chris Crocker does is an act.  The guy wants to be famous.

Check for new replies or respond here...