inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: P2P: Intarwebs 1, RIAA/MPAA thugs 0.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/16/07 at 8:24 pm

MediaDefender:  When 700 megabytes of RIAA/MPAA legal strategy, false denials of being behind the Miivi scam, oh, and the social security numbers and salaries of your employees, and confessions of at least one of your employees having watched multiple videos of  h0rse pr0n absolutely, positively, has to be pwned overnight because one of your own employees was so stupid that he not only forwarded the email to a gmail account, he used the same password on the gmail account as he used while poking at P2P websites... from his own office's network.

The vital essence of stupidity, boiled down into a mishmash of arrogance, and distilled over the purifying fire of ignorance of security procedures... into 200-proof comedy. 

Subject: Re: P2P: Intarwebs 1, RIAA/MPAA thugs 0.

Written By: Red Ant on 09/16/07 at 8:38 pm

Indeed, it is!

I often Limewire songs that I have already legally bought, simply because I don't have a very good system of organising my CDs.  Question: would downloading "Stairway To Heaven" when I already have the Led Zeppelin Box Set still be illegal?

Ant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/16/07 at 8:44 pm

R-I-A-A-M-P-A-A M-O-U-S-E!
:D

Written By: La Roche on 09/16/07 at 9:08 pm

Indeed, it is!

I often Limewire songs that I have already legally bought, simply because I don't have a very good system of organising my CDs.  Question: would downloading "Stairway To Heaven" when I already have the Led Zeppelin Box Set still be illegal?

Ant

Would downloading the BBC sessions be illegal if I already owned everything from I to Houses?

After all, the intellectual property is the same, it's just recorded somewhere else.

Written By: gumbypiz on 09/16/07 at 9:30 pm

Well, thats Karma for you.

The RIAA has been overzealously going after anything and suing everyone they can with the blindfold of green money as their guide/attackdog. They have gone so far as to violate the privacy of individuals that have nothing to do with the target "evildownloaders" they are after, and set up phony and illegal websites and redirects to catch their prey.

So now their rabid, illegal, and just downright corrupt tactics have shown them for what they are and their backside is bare.

This is only a futher step in the ***t they helped to put themselves into, I hope the RIAA can hold their nose, the smell as the decaying body of the greedy and corrupt corporate music label b*****ds will grow as time goes on.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving group. 8)

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/17/07 at 10:07 pm

R-I-A-A-M-P-A-A M-O-U-S-E! :D

I always thought they should have a merger: Music And Film Industry Associations of America.  MAFIAA.

Who's the club with lots of thugs,
That can't stop piracy?
M-A-F-I-A-A M-O-U-S-E!

Written By: Red Ant on 09/17/07 at 10:25 pm

I always thought they should have a merger: Music And Film Industry Associations of America.  MAFIAA.

Who's the club with lots of thugs,
That can't stop piracy?
M-A-F-I-A-A M-O-U-S-E!

Now, that is great/

You so need to finish it.

Ant

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/20/07 at 11:29 pm

You so need to finish it.

Those with greater skill than I are in the process of coming up with greater pwnage.

In the meantime, you'll have to make do with the fact that those in greater legal risk than I have written funnier stuff.

First they ignore you.
Then they mock you.
Then they fight you.
Then you get to use the word "asstunnel" in response to their legal threats.
And that, with apologies to Gandhi, is when you win.

Check for new replies or respond here...