inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2007 emmys

Written By: snozberries on 09/17/07 at 4:37 am

Was it just me or did the director of the emmys suck this year? 

1. cuts away in the middle of Ray Romano's monologue that had something to do with Kelsey Grammar's and Patricia Heatons new series
2. cuts away because Katherine Heigel says oh $ h i t after hearing her name announced
3. cuts away when Sally field says Gawd Damn

>:( And what was with that shot they cut away to. It was a horrible exterior probably taken by the Good Year Blimp camera. I mean isn't cutting the mike enough?

And by the way... these three things are "offensive" but the clip of the variety shows writers I forget which series (I think it was Bill Mahr) that played on the whole senator Craig in the toilet thing was not offensive.... one of the stalls had a three way occuring in it... sheesh if the American Public can handle that then they can handle one small GD from America's Sweetheart Sally F-ing Field- right?

:-\\ Ryan Seacrest wasn't a horrible host but I felt like he was trying just a little too hard. People like Ellen make it seem effortless.

:-[ And is it just me or did they forget to announce the winner for best guest actor in a drama?  They gave us the nominees for best guest actor and best guest actress in a drama series and then announced that the best guest actress Leslie Caron was here to present the award for directing in a drama.  Then Hayden P and Neil Patrick Harris came back out and gave the award for writing a drama but still no one ever gave us the winner of the best guest actor. I pressumed it was Forest Whitaker but alas the emmy supposedly went to John Goodman for his turn on Studio 60. Thank you internet!  HOW DO YOU FORGET TO MENTION THE WINNER OF A CATERGORY? EVEN IF JG DIDN'T SHOW UP HE DESERVED TO GET HIS MENTION!

Okay-  my favorite moments

Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert "deciding' to give the emmy to Steve Carrell because Ricky Geravis wasn't there to accept.
America Ferrera's win
Sally's speech
Ellen's fill until the teleprompter started rolling
The Jersey Boys
Queen Latifah tribute to Roots
Ryan Secrest to Teri Hatcher "Hello Teri"  ;D  (although his obsession with letting us know he knew who everyone was wearing was a little odd)
Kwanye West ("I never win")

See the show didn't suck just the director...  and it only went 11 minutes over.

Subject: Re: 2007 emmys

Written By: whistledog on 09/17/07 at 9:31 am

I loved Louis Black's little speech about networks and how they advertise upcoming shows during the show you are watching ;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/17/07 at 10:42 am

I loved Louis Black's little speech about networks and how they advertise upcoming shows during the show you are watching ;D

Oh yeah can't believe I forgot that. I loved it. I can't believe I forgot- especially after starting the thread about the same thing.  I'm gonna go see if its online yet. nope not on youtube yet

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/17/07 at 4:48 pm

My favorite moments.....

-  Ray Romano joking about life after his show.
-  The tribute to Roots.
-  Rainn Wilson and Kayne West present an award.
-  Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert presenting an award, and handing it to Steve Carrell, afterwards.
-  Sally Field's speech.
-  Katherine Hiegel telling how to pronounce her last name.
-  Ellen on the stage, I thought she was a better presenter than Ryan Seacrest.

Written By: coqueta83 on 09/17/07 at 7:02 pm

I forgot the Emmys were on last night! I am glad to hear that America Ferrera won.

Check for new replies or respond here...