inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Office

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/29/07 at 7:03 pm

So far one of my favorite TV shows from the 00's, is The Office. I also like the UK version, as well.

Subject: Re: The Office

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 09/29/07 at 7:22 pm

The UK version was far superior, but the US version is growing on me. Still wouldn't become a regular viewer. But I hope it manages to stay on the air a while longer.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 09/29/07 at 8:14 pm

I really like the U.K. version, but I can't stand the American version.

Written By: Brigitte on 09/29/07 at 8:27 pm

I have never seen the British one, can any of you 'office folks' give me a link?
Also, has anyone seen the movie 'Office Space'? I love the movie and TV show because I think everyone has had a boss like them.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/29/07 at 11:12 pm

I love The Office, and think the USA version the better one in this case

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/30/07 at 1:34 am

At first I did not find The Office humorous at all. Subsequently I found an enjoyable job in in a office, but then re-watching The Office I still did not find it funny.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/30/07 at 6:43 am

I find The Office to be quite entertaining, especially Jenna Fischer as "Pam".

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/30/07 at 9:45 pm

I love both the British version and the American version.  It's definitely one of my favorite shows, even though I'm cringing most of the time I'm watching it.  The season opener last week just about killed me! 

Written By: La Roche on 09/30/07 at 10:49 pm

I love both the British version and the American version.  It's definitely one of my favorite shows, even though I'm cringing most of the time I'm watching it.  The season opener last week just about killed me! 

Oh, that's exactly it, it's not so much the humor.. it's just the cringe value. I loved David Brent, within moments of him opening his mouth you just felt like the world had to open up and swallow him.

Written By: Midas on 09/30/07 at 11:25 pm

...open up and swallow him.

That's what she said!  :D ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/01/07 at 2:22 am

Who is in the American version?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/01/07 at 2:43 pm

I have watched Season 1 of the British Office on DVD and every season of the American Office and I like them both for different qualities. I have watched the American version from day 1. I think Dwight Schrute and his girlfriend (I can't remember her name now) are NOT getting back together after the death of Sprinkles, lol.  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/01/07 at 2:47 pm

That would be Angela, and considering how much she loved the cat, I think that her relationship with Dwight, is over.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/01/07 at 3:15 pm

That would be Angela, and considering how much she loved the cat, I think that her relationship with Dwight, is over.

That's right, Angela. Man, she is SO uptight! But, yeah, Dwight did a pretty crazy thing! It's over between the two of them!  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/05/07 at 7:27 pm

Yes, putting a cat in a icebox, does mean it's over for them.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/06/07 at 6:12 am

Yes, putting a cat in a icebox, does mean it's over for them.

From what I gather the cat is still in the icebox, so I envision it thawing out and coming back to life.

Check for new replies or respond here...