inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are Judgeshows (courtroom) to the 00's as the talk-show wave was to the 90's?

Written By: tv on 10/04/07 at 7:02 am

It seems like to me Judge Shows(courtrom shows) are the shows that dominant daytime TV now as opossed to the talk show wave of the 90's. I mean now in the 00's you have judge shows everywhere: Judge Mathis, Judge Marylin Millian, Judge Maria Lopez, Judge David Young, Judge Lynn Tolloer(Divorce Court0, Judge Hatchett(Divorce Court.)

In the 90's you had that talk-show explosion with Ricki Lake, Geraldo, Montell, Rolanda, Jenny Jones, Richard Bey, Tempestt(Bledsoe of "The Cosby's Fame", Maury, and Jerry Springer.

Subject: Re: Are Judgeshows (courtroom) to the 00's as the talk-show wave was to the 90's?

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/04/07 at 7:07 am

That's sorta true, although they probably overlapped a bit too. The judge shows probably are a 1998+ thing. Although The People's Court goes way back, it was at the most popular when Ed Koch was on it in the late '90s.

The talk show wave was about 1994-2001 in terms of more sensationalized and sometimes trashy stories. I liked Ricki Lake, Maury and especially Jerry Springer before they went too over the edge. Those seemed more entertaining in the mid '90s. A few are still on, although nowhere near as popular as they once were. Back in the early '90s they weren't that big, because most of them were still serious before Ricki Lake (even Jerry was...he got his show after his stint as a news anchor actually).

Subject: Re: Are Judgeshows (courtroom) to the 00's as the talk-show wave was to the 90's?

Written By: Marian on 10/04/07 at 4:22 pm

I remember "The Judge" from the 80s.There was also a Spanish version.

Subject: Re: Are Judgeshows (courtroom) to the 00's as the talk-show wave was to the 90's

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 10/04/07 at 6:24 pm

what about Judge Judy? i think she's the most popular....i like her the most. the other ones bore me.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 10/04/07 at 7:40 pm

You forgot Judge Joe Brown, Moral Court, Judge Alex, Texas Justice and I miss Judge Mills Lane ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...