inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: weird red dots on fox

Written By: snozberries on 10/04/07 at 4:37 pm

Okay is it just me or has anyone else noticed two red dots during the airing of shows on Fox's prime time. They seem to show up about a quarter  way through the show (usually after the first commercial) of the show near the bottom of the screen. They are not on for long. They're equally spaced and look like red eyes or the point of a gun's laser sight (except there are two dots).

I was just wondering if this is some cryptic advertisement for an upcoming Fox film like maybe the eyes come first then they fill in the rest later. or if there is some technical reason for it?

I have seen it on Prison Break, K-Ville, Bones & Kitchen Nightmares. I don't watch anything else on Fox so I don't know if it appears on other shows. 

I

Subject: Re: weird red dots on fox

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/04/07 at 8:39 pm

I suggest you quit smoking the stuff.
;)

Written By: whistledog on 10/04/07 at 11:21 pm

It could be some kind of promo for a new show on FOX.  But if it's a small dot, probably not.  Promos for other shows during the show you are watching usually take up half the screen ::)

Written By: Tia on 10/04/07 at 11:39 pm

Okay is it just me or has anyone else noticed two red dots during the airing of shows on Fox's prime time. They seem to show up about a quarter  way through the show (usually after the first commercial) of the show near the bottom of the screen. They are not on for long. They're equally spaced and look like red eyes or the point of a gun's laser sight (except there are two dots).

I was just wondering if this is some cryptic advertisement for an upcoming Fox film like maybe the eyes come first then they fill in the rest later. or if there is some technical reason for it?

I have seen it on Prison Break, K-Ville, Bones & Kitchen Nightmares. I don't watch anything else on Fox so I don't know if it appears on other shows. 

I
i imagine it's probably a prototype of some kind of neo-con mind-control apparatus. they're testing it out, sorta like in Halloween III: Season of the Witch.

Written By: whistledog on 10/04/07 at 11:43 pm

i imagine it's probably a prototype of some kind of neo-con mind-control apparatus. they're testing it out, sorta like in Halloween III: Season of the Witch.

Halloween III wasn't a prototype, it was a terrorist attack.  People who saw it were so disappointed, that they threatened war against Hollywood :D

Written By: gumbypiz on 10/05/07 at 1:52 am

Well now, if this was Bill O'Reilly and it was FOX News you were watching, then yep, its probably a gun laser sight and I (hope) believe you saw it.

Y'now all those traitors of our beloved country are targeting that patriot of the US airwaves, now we have proof! :D

Remember the ending of the movie 'Network'?...

Written By: Tia on 10/05/07 at 6:02 am

Halloween III wasn't a prototype, it was a terrorist attack.  People who saw it were so disappointed, that they threatened war against Hollywood :D
hey! i liked halloween III. it was better than "cats." i saw it again and again.

Written By: snozberries on 10/06/07 at 11:59 am

I suggest you quit smoking the stuff.
;)

I try, but the stuff just won't quit me  :D

Written By: snozberries on 10/06/07 at 12:04 pm

Maybe they figured out a way to watch me watching tv?  Oh I hope not I do some strange stuff when I'm watching the tube!

I'm gonna get a screen shot of it just to let you all know I'm not losing my mind. Damn I erased all of last weeks shows already maybe it'll be on next week.

If it helps I was watching an east coast feed of these shows so it would've been on fox 5 out of NYC.

hey! i liked halloween III. it was better than "cats." i saw it again and again.

Its okay Tia I kinda liked it too I just didn't like that it was hiding behind the Halloween franchise.  I loved the song and find myself singing it every year.

Then again, we both really like Witch Mountain too so it might just be that we're strange

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/06/07 at 12:35 pm

Maybe it's some glitch with your cable?  :-\\

Sometimes I get small green squares on my TV, like the signal is breaking up. 

Written By: Tia on 10/06/07 at 1:46 pm

Its okay Tia I kinda liked it too I just didn't like that it was hiding behind the Halloween franchise.  I loved the song and find myself singing it every year.

Then again, we both really like Witch Mountain too so it might just be that we're strange
wow, yeah, your taste in movies is almost as bad as mine! :P

i prefer the "red dot" version of the witch mountain cycle.

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/07 at 10:35 am

You're not the only one asking about this. Google "red dots" and Fox and there are other discussions about them as well. On site was even talking about seeing half a scary face. Personally I think it's viral advertising.

Whew at least I am not losing my mind...just yet  :D

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/07 at 3:36 pm

Mystery solved! Thanks Echo.

The red dots may be an early promo for the new fox series the Sarah Connor Chronicles. If that's the case then the red dots are probably the eyes of a Terminator. I forgot this show was on the fall schedule.

Written By: Jessica on 10/07/07 at 6:39 pm

I saw the video of them. I can see why you would have been weirded out about that. That was some freaky stuff, especially if you weren't expecting it! :o

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/07 at 7:06 pm

I saw the video of them. I can see why you would have been weirded out about that. That was some freaky stuff, especially if you weren't expecting it! :o

yeah it's like you're tv is watching you while you are watching it

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/08/07 at 1:09 am

I try, but the stuff just won't quit me  :D

I know whatcha mean!
:P

Written By: Awesome1 on 10/12/07 at 3:55 pm

Ok so me and a few friends think that the red dots everyone keeps seeing are a promotion for a new Transformers show. They definitly look like eyes and they definitly look like Megatron's eyes. If you look close enough they do. Since it is on so many shows and on many T.V.'s then that is probably what it is.

Check for new replies or respond here...