inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pushing Daisies

Written By: snozberries on 10/09/07 at 12:34 pm

Okay I REALLY wanted to hate this show. The clips I saw weren't all that funny and the hype seemed over the top. About 15 minutes into it tho I fell in love. It's really funny  cerebral humor. 

My favorite quote from the pie-lette
Emerson: Sounds like you're a narcoleptic.
Ned: I suffer from uncontrollable types of deep sleep?
Emerson: What's the other one?
Ned: "Necrophiliac".
Emerson: Words that sound alike get mixed up in my head.
Olive: Me, too. I used to think "masturbation" meant chewing your food. (awkward silence) I don't think that anymore

Subject: Re: Pushing Daisies

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/09/07 at 12:48 pm

I like this show too

Written By: danootaandme on 10/09/07 at 3:54 pm

I tried...didn't work

Written By: NbC on 10/13/07 at 6:01 am

I like the show....I don't LOVE it (yet) but it has it's charm.  The narration bothers me.

Definately an original.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/13/07 at 6:04 am

The other night's episode (entitled Dummy) won me over for the sheer fact that one of the characters sang "Hopelessly devoted to you".  A song I've always adored.  And she did a mighty fine job of it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_lSSt_wG9E

Written By: snozberries on 10/14/07 at 10:28 am

I like the show....I don't LOVE it (yet) but it has it's charm.  The narration bothers me.

Definately an original.

The narration bothered me in the first few minutes of the pilot but it grew on me.

I keep waiting for a scene where the camera pans too far and reveals a man standing off to the side hand over ear in mid-narration frantically trying to get the camera to go back to the action but never breaking narration!  ;D

The other night's episode (entitled Dummy) won me over for the sheer fact that one of the characters sang "Hopelessly devoted to you".  A song I've always adored.  And she did a mighty fine job of it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_lSSt_wG9E

I loved that too! I wanted her to hit the "But now..." part a little harder. Like over the top high- but I still laughed! I also laughed as Janine did a walking squat behind the revolving car only to turn that she would soon be purging the pie she was scarfing!

Written By: snozberries on 10/14/07 at 10:30 am

I tried...didn't work

That's how I felt at first but once I got past the back story of them as kids and we saw them as adults it drew me in- I'd say I was ready turn it off after 5 minutes but I was hooked after 15.

Check for new replies or respond here...