inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remake of Mr. & Mrs. Bo Jo Jones

Written By: star500 on 10/14/07 at 8:53 pm

Has anyone ever read the book Mr. & Mrs. Bo Jo Jones? I read it when I was about 13 years old and then again just last year. It's a pretty good book. They made it into a made-for-TV movie in the '70s, starring Dezi Arnaz Jr. and Christopher Norris. I haven't actually seen it, but I heard it's good. I was thinking they should remake it, again as a TV movie (don't know if it would work as a motion picture movie) and for the part of July they should Crystal Hunt (one of the previous Lizzie's from Guiding Light) because she actually kind of looks like Christopher Norris when she was young and Kevin Zegers as Bo Jo. What do you think? Does anyone think that would work? I don't know, I'm just throwing out an idea here.

Subject: Re: Remake of Mr. & Mrs. Bo Jo Jones

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/15/07 at 2:03 am

I loved that book, I, too, read it in the 70s.  And I read it again in the 80s because I picked up a paperback called "The bride wore braids" or something like that...here it was the same book, different title.
I think I did see that made-for-tv movie long ago, but I don't remember anything about it.

It was a good book, and had useful information, that would be good for any young adult contemplating marriage.

I'm not familiar with most of today's actresses/actors so I don't know who should play what role.  I can definately see it as a Lifetime channel movie.

Check for new replies or respond here...