inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Return of Daytime Game Shows ?

Written By: whistledog on 10/15/07 at 9:36 am

Remember the days when you could find all kinds of game shows on during the daytime?

Lately, it's almost starting to feel like those days are back again, what with the new addition of Merv Griffin's Crosswords, and an updated version of the classic $ale of the Century called Temptation.  And with the already existing 'The Price i$ Right', 'Family Feud' and 'Who Wants to Be A Millionaire', it seems like there are more game shows in daytime now then there have been since maybe the early 90s and I love it 8)

I only just found out about Temptation today, so I haven't had much of a chance to see it, but I love Merv Griffin's Crosswords.  Two episodes air back to back at 10am on the CBS affiliate I get, and I watch it every morning.  Sadly, Temptation airs two episodes at the same time over on Peachtree TV (Formerly TBS Superstation), so it's gonna be a tough decision on which one to watch

Will there be more game shows to come for Daytime TV?  Man, I hope so!

Subject: Re: The Return of Daytime Game Shows ?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/15/07 at 9:46 am

I remember when I was younger..I would watch gameshows with my mom, during the day. We would watch, Price Is Right, Family Feud, and that awesome, Press Your Luck show...No whammies...no whammies...gosh I miss that stuff. :D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/15/07 at 10:21 am

I almost forgot ... the new 'Price i$ Right' with Drew Carey starts today.  I am watching now, and he's not doing too bad of a job

I remember when I was younger..I would watch gameshows with my mom, during the day. We would watch, Price Is Right, Family Feud, and that awesome, Press Your Luck show...No whammies...no whammies...gosh I miss that stuff. :D ;D

Those sure were good days.  I used to look forward to PA days at school, or when I was sick, so I could stay home and watch all kinds of Game Shows.  I used to love on Family Feud when those egg shaped doors would open, and the families would be sitting in a photo like pose.  I was so glad when the new Family Feud brought that back last year 8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/15/07 at 10:57 am

I almost forgot ... the new 'Price i$ Right' with Drew Carey starts today.  I am watching now, and he's not doing too bad of a job

Those sure were good days.  I used to look forward to PA days at school, or when I was sick, so I could stay home and watch all kinds of Game Shows.  I used to love on Family Feud when those egg shaped doors would open, and the families would be sitting in a photo like pose.  I was so glad when the new Family Feud brought that back last year 8)

ya, I've been watching bits of pieces of it today too....I am digging Drew as they new host...he has lots of spunk! :)

Oh, I love those old game shows!!

Written By: nally on 10/15/07 at 2:38 pm

Remember the days when you could find all kinds of game shows on during the daytime?

Oh yeah!! When I was a little kid, in the 80's, there were a whole bunch of them in the morning.

I almost forgot ... the new 'Price i$ Right' with Drew Carey starts today.  I am watching now, and he's not doing too bad of a job.

I knew I wouldn't be home to watch it today, so I decided to tape it. However, I have less than an hour left on my current videotape, so I only decided to tape the first ten minutes of it. I'm interested to see what the show is like with him as the emcee.

Written By: nally on 10/16/07 at 2:21 pm

I knew I wouldn't be home to watch it today, so I decided to tape it. However, I have less than an hour left on my current videotape, so I only decided to tape the first ten minutes of it. I'm interested to see what the show is like with him as the emcee.

So last night, I watched the first segment of yesterday's TPIR episode...Drew was great as emcee. O0

Written By: whistledog on 10/16/07 at 6:57 pm

Today's TPIR was great.  The contestant playing Plinko was so excited, she really almost peed her pants ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/16/07 at 6:58 pm

The one today was great.  The contestant playing Plinko was so excited, she really almost peed her pants ;D

ah man...Plinko is the bomb! ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/16/07 at 6:59 pm

ah man...Plinko is the bomb! ;D

Well in her case, it literally almost was the bomb ;D

She won over $20,000.  Her last chip didn't hit the $10,000 slot, but if it had of, she would have been drowning in a sea of urine ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/16/07 at 7:07 pm

Well in her case, it literally almost was the bomb ;D

She won over $20,000.  Her last chip didn't hit the $10,000 slot, but if it had of, she would have been drowning in a sea of urine ;D

hahahaha...the visuals of that are cracking me up!! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/16/07 at 7:11 pm

hahahaha...the visuals of that are cracking me up!! ;D ;D ;D

I just looked on YouTube, and someone already posted the clip.  She's ready to explode ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CoFEXWP3cg

;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/16/07 at 7:15 pm

I just looked on YouTube, and someone already posted the clip.  She's ready to explode ...

;D

OMG...that's flippin' hilarious! I love Drew as the new host....I've always loved him anyways! :)

Written By: whistledog on 10/16/07 at 7:27 pm

OMG...that's flippin' hilarious! I love Drew as the new host....I've always loved him anyways! :)

Everyday I watch, I keep waiting for Mimi to come out and sabotage one of the games ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/16/07 at 7:34 pm

Everyday I watch, I keep waiting for Mimi to come out and sabotage one of the games ;D

haha..that would be SO funny! ;D

Written By: nally on 10/17/07 at 11:38 am

;D

I just watched that clip...and the audio and visual were nowhere near synchronized. Still, it was quite something. :o

Written By: whistledog on 10/18/07 at 10:21 pm

I just watched that clip...and the audio and visual were nowhere near synchronized

That happens alot with YouTube.  Videosz that I have uploaded in the past, have gone out of sync like that.  One of the many reasons why YouTube is starting to suck :(

Written By: nally on 10/19/07 at 10:16 am

That happens alot with YouTube.  Videosz that I have uploaded in the past, have gone out of sync like that.  One of the many reasons why YouTube is starting to suck :(

On an off-topic note, I have been just listening to songs on there, while browsing the web in a separate window (I don't much care for music vids).

Back on topic, I have only seen one episode of Merv Griffin's Crosswords, namely the pilot on September 10th. Interesting show, but tricky!

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/19/07 at 7:02 pm

I'd like to see Concentration again!

Written By: Lindee on 10/22/07 at 10:35 am

I used to watch: Let's Make a Deal, The Newlywed Game,The Dating Game, Match Game, Tattletales, The Price is Right.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/22/07 at 6:34 pm

I'd like to see a revival of Joker's Wild and also Tic, Tac, Dough.  :)

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/30/07 at 12:40 pm

MG's Crosswords is pretty tricky, kinda merges the intellect of Jeopardy with the word games of Wheel OF Fortune. All the better, I'd say. I love playing along!

Funny, but if it wasn't for the 21st Century clothing, video effects and music, you'd swear this was something out of 1977.

Check for new replies or respond here...