inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Eddie Vedder - Hard Sun

Written By: whistledog on 10/28/07 at 11:10 pm

'Hard Sun', the new single from Eddie Vedder (currently at #24 in Canada) from the soundtrack to the film 'Into the Wild' .  I never was a fan of Pearl Jam, I really like his version of this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZaxrhtgltI

'Hard Sun' was written and originally a #12 hit (1989) in Canada by Toronto born singer Gordon Peterson, who went under the stage name Indio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb5KXozi_HM

Subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Hard Sun

Written By: Macphisto on 10/29/07 at 12:46 am

Decent song...  I didn't care much for Pearl Jam's material past the Vitalogy album.  That was the last good one they released.

As for this song, it's not bad.  Vedder does have a problem with carrying a tune, but it didn't seem to matter so much with the great riffs Mike McCready played behind him during the first 3 Pearl Jam albums.  Since Eddie's doing a more acoustic style of music with this solo song, his lack of vocal range is more noticable, but it still works.

Subject: Re: Eddie Vedder - Hard Sun

Written By: Henk on 12/08/07 at 5:52 am

Funny I should stumble across this thread right now...

I went to see a performance in our local theater yesterday.
A radio man, a singer and two musicians tried to raise attention for "nearly lost and forgotten songs", and they did a good job. (FYI: I was unfamiliar with most of the songs they played/sang)

One of the artists that got a mention was Eddie Vedder, in particular his album "Into The Wild". Now the radio man confessed he had never been much of a Pearl Jam fan (too many "live" albums, thus more of the same, in his opinion), but he did recommend buying this Eddie Vedder album.
Anyway, the one song they played was this one: Society - Eddie Vedder (not an official video) 

I think the radio man was right.

Check for new replies or respond here...