inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Billy Joel 2007 Tour

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/31/07 at 1:45 am

I was wondering, who's seen Billy Joel in concert before and what would you rate the show? I just did a bid on Ebay for two tickets to see him in Oakland, and I have heard conflicting views of his live performances. I hope I'm not making a mistake, but for someone who's made such great music, how can one go wrong, right?

Subject: Re: Billy Joel 2007 Tour

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/31/07 at 2:27 am

I was wondering, who's seen Billy Joel in concert before and what would you rate the show? I just did a bid on Ebay for two tickets to see him in Oakland, and I have heard conflicting views of his live performances. I hope I'm not making a mistake, but for someone who's made such great music, how can one go wrong, right?
It's not a mistake, he's a living legend & I've been thinking about it too because I've been getting email concert alerts from ticketmaster the prices for Billy Joel aren't that bad & Oakland is so close. I'm sure he'll put on an excellent show, even though I've never seen him, he's quite talented. but why did he let Christy go?  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/31/07 at 3:00 am

Will he be performing his standard songs or will be playing some of his classical music on the piano?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 7:49 am

I do like a few of his songs...but I probably wouldn't pay to see him in concert.  There are very few artists that I would pay the crazy tickets prices to see.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/02/07 at 9:08 pm

Will he be performing his standard songs or will be playing some of his classical music on the piano?

The record company sent me that CD.  I listened to it....once.
8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/03/07 at 3:40 am

The record company sent me that CD.  I listened to it....once.
8-P
Oh dear?

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/03/07 at 9:54 pm

Isn't it weird how alot of "older", classic artists (pre-1991) are typically on either end of the extreme in terms of ticket prices and concert attendance? But, like almost never inbetween. People like him, The Eagles, Tom Petty, Rod Stewart, Van Halen and the Rolling Stones are super expensive, while alot of strictly Eighties artists are more or less playing fairs (i.e. Eddie Money)? It's cool if you want to see them, but sorta sad when you compare it to their former popularity.

I've never seen Billy or heard too much about his live shows, but I'm not sure how much of a performer he is. He seems more laid back and not that much of a "rocker" per se. I love some of his individual songs, like "We Didn't Start the Fire" and the very '50slike songs from An Innocent Man.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/04/07 at 3:00 pm

Isn't it weird how alot of "older", classic artists (pre-1991) are typically on either end of the extreme in terms of ticket prices and concert attendance? But, like almost never inbetween. People like him, The Eagles, Tom Petty, Rod Stewart, Van Halen and the Rolling Stones are super expensive, while alot of strictly Eighties artists are more or less playing fairs (i.e. Eddie Money)? It's cool if you want to see them, but sorta sad when you compare it to their former popularity.

I've never seen Billy or heard too much about his live shows, but I'm not sure how much of a performer he is. He seems more laid back and not that much of a "rocker" per se. I love some of his individual songs, like "We Didn't Start the Fire" and the very '50slike songs from An Innocent Man.

About 15 years ago, I remember a radio commercial for some ski lodge in North Acorn New Hampshire was featuring Eddie Money!  It wasn't even an upscale joint like Killington or Mt. Snow. 

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/04/07 at 4:22 pm

Thanks for all the responses. The fact is, I like Billy Joel enough to pay $50/ticket to see him, but I guess not enough to pay $100/tickets. Ughh, actually, if I were going by myself, I'd pay that $100 ticket to go, but who wants to go by themsevles?

I did pay $80 something to see Paul McCartney because that's just pure legend, in my opinion. You can't skip out on that kind of performance.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/04/07 at 5:00 pm

I did pay $80 something to see Paul McCartney because that's just pure legend, in my opinion. You can't skip out on that kind of performance.

Jeez, my scrip for Ambien only cost $11 for pretty much the same effect.
:D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/04/07 at 6:50 pm

Jeez, my scrip for Ambien only cost $11 for pretty much the same effect.
:D

;D  Are you saying Paul Mac puts you to sleep? That's just wrong, on all levels.  >:(  ;D (but, it's okay, we all have our own tastes.)

Check for new replies or respond here...