inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Peter, Bjorn & John

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/02/07 at 10:52 pm

Are any of you familiar with this singing group?  I recently discovered them, due to a song that I heard playing, while at work. It had whistling in it...and God bless the internet..because I found out what it was just by putting in "whistling songs" in the search engine! LOL!  Anyway...the song is called, "Young Folks"....here's the video..it is retro and cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48hcp-zDpg4

Subject: Re: Peter, Bjorn & John

Written By: whistledog on 11/03/07 at 12:01 pm

They are a Swedish group.  I knew about them back in August of last year when I saw 'Young Folks' in the UK Top 40.  Just this year, the song re-charted in the UK Top 20, and I was pleasantly surprised when it even broke into the Canadian Top 40

According to wikipedia, 'Young Folks' was last at #10 on the US Bubbling Under Chart (aka US #110).  Not sure where it's at now, but hopefully it's on the rise

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/03/07 at 8:52 pm

They are a Swedish group.  I knew about them back in August of last year when I saw 'Young Folks' in the UK Top 40.  Just this year, the song re-charted in the UK Top 20, and I was pleasantly surprised when it even broke into the Canadian Top 40

According to wikipedia, 'Young Folks' was last at #10 on the US Bubbling Under Chart (aka US #110).  Not sure where it's at now, but hopefully it's on the rise

ya, it's such a cool, upbeat song. At first the whistling kind of freaked me out.....but then I watched the video, and I was pleasantly surprised. :)

Written By: Midas on 11/04/07 at 1:28 am

I have a mashup of "Young Folks" vs Underworld's "Born Slippy" that's pretty cool. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/04/07 at 1:39 am

I have a mashup of "Young Folks" vs Underworld's "Born Slippy" that's pretty cool. :)

sounds pretty swell! ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...