inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How many episodes are left to your favorite shows this season due to the strike?

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/12/07 at 7:18 pm

Estimates of shows Remaining

This gives an educated guess as to how many of each shows are remaining.

nice to see some of my favorites still have several to go

Subject: Re: How many episodes are left to your favorite shows this season due to the strike?

Written By: statsqueen on 11/12/07 at 7:47 pm

Estimates of shows Remaining

This gives an educated guess as to how many of each shows are remaining.

nice to see some of my favorites still have several to go

Thanks for the info....I was just wondering how much longer I have to enjoy fresh episodes of my fave shows.  Unfortunately most of the shows I like weren't listed, but was able to guesstimate based on others that were.  Much appreciated!

Subject: Re: How many episodes are left to your favorite shows this season due to the strike?

Written By: whistledog on 11/12/07 at 7:50 pm

Does this mean that most (if not all) shows are pretty much ending their seasons at this point, or will they just resume when (and if) the writers strike is resomved by the end of this season?

Subject: Re: How many episodes are left to your favorite shows this season due to the str

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/12/07 at 7:55 pm

Ugly Betty..?! Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Subject: Re: How many episodes are left to your favorite shows this season due to the str

Written By: Jessica on 11/12/07 at 8:13 pm

Ugly Betty..?! Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Well, maybe we'll see what happens between her and Henry before it's shut down. :-\\

House has six left. I can't really feel bad about missing them though because the writers are doing what is right.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/12/07 at 8:43 pm

Does this mean that most (if not all) shows are pretty much ending their seasons at this point, or will they just resume when (and if) the writers strike is resomved by the end of this season?

I think it depends on when the strike is solved.  If it runs into February, I would imagine they wouldn't be coming back until the following season.

Written By: gumbypiz on 11/12/07 at 9:24 pm

What is surprising to me is how little regular network TV shows I watch anymore. SO (with the exception of shows like Prison Break, which is already finishing up for the fall or the Simpsons) I guess I'm not really that effected.

Or am I?

Heres a odd question, most of the TV I do watch is Adult Swim/cable stuff, i.e. Robot Chicken/Family Guy or other cable shows like Mythbusters or Good Eats and a lot of the History Channel. The strike effects them too, yes? A lot of the cable stuff I watch is re-runs to begin with, so, I can't say I'd even notice repeats until after some time...I'm fairly certain some of these shows could run well into the spring without too much problems (cable channels like TV Land have to be immune from any worries at all).

Obviously, animated shows have writers, but since the animation production schedule is much tighter than live action production, I'm betting the strike may effect them sooner than others, true?

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/07 at 2:14 am

Great site Chuck! Thanks

The only thing that's keeping me going are for the shows that haven't aired yet...like Medium, Law and Order and the new Chronicles of Sarah Conner.

I think Bones might have one more episode in the can because they still have that ep from last season that they didn't air b/c of the Virginia tech shooting.  They didn't put the ep on the season two dvd either so they have to show it sooner or later.... dont they?  >:(

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/13/07 at 10:50 am

What is surprising to me is how little regular network TV shows I watch anymore. SO (with the exception of shows like Prison Break, which is already finishing up for the fall or the Simpsons) I guess I'm not really that effected.

Or am I?

Heres a odd question, most of the TV I do watch is Adult Swim/cable stuff, i.e. Robot Chicken/Family Guy or other cable shows like Mythbusters or Good Eats and a lot of the History Channel. The strike effects them too, yes? A lot of the cable stuff I watch is re-runs to begin with, so, I can't say I'd even notice repeats until after some time...I'm fairly certain some of these shows could run well into the spring without too much problems (cable channels like TV Land have to be immune from any worries at all).

Obviously, animated shows have writers, but since the animation production schedule is much tighter than live action production, I'm betting the strike may effect them sooner than others, true?

Most animation stuff is written six months before the animation is finished (South Park is a notable exception, usually it's only a few months, but they've been known to change small parts of an episode a week before the air date).  So my guess would be that it'll take a lot longer to affect Adult Swim, especially since most of their content isn't new anyways.

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/07 at 11:08 am

^ Oh man- I have totally been forgetting to watch Boondocks.... I hope since that started late they have quite a few produced.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/13/07 at 1:22 pm

^ Oh man- I have totally been forgetting to watch Boondocks.... I hope since that started late they have quite a few produced.

it was a repeat last night... it hasn't been all that great really.

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/07 at 2:30 pm

it was a repeat last night... it hasn't been all that great really.
  darn I was hoping to spice up my life a little...

Written By: gumbypiz on 11/13/07 at 4:26 pm

I guess we had to expect this... ;)
http://blog.gilmalonzo.com/media/media/gm-writersstrike.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/13/07 at 6:49 pm

We've got nothing left to do
With no T.V. and just a couple of brews

What are we gonna talk about?
I don't know!
We're gonna miss our favorite shows!
NO T.V. PARTY TONIGHT!

;)

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/07 at 6:52 pm

I'm hoping that when the Seasons of DVDs come out for these shows, they will be paired with a forth coming season.  No way am I gonna pay $40 some bucks for a 12-season set of CSI: Miami - Season 6.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/13/07 at 7:04 pm

I guess we had to expect this... ;)
http://blog.gilmalonzo.com/media/media/gm-writersstrike.jpg

I like that.  It's Python-esque.
:)

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/13/07 at 8:06 pm

I'm hoping that when the Seasons of DVDs come out for these shows, they will be paired with a forth coming season.  No way am I gonna pay $40 some bucks for a 12-season set of CSI: Miami - Season 6.

What irks me is that I bought ST:TNG and The X-files as they came out, at around $90 a season and now the entire run of each show (all the seasons) can be had for about $200 and some change.

The Simpsons Season 1 when it came out was $30 and then $40 retail for each following season. Only $10 more for an extra 12 episodes.  Trust me, they'll charge more than they should and then blame the writers for the added cost.

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/07 at 8:17 pm

What irks me is that I bought ST:TNG and The X-files as they came out, at around $90 a season and now the entire run of each show (all the seasons) can be had for about $200 and some change.

All the seasons of The X-Files can now be found for $19.99 each in many stores ;D

Lately though, it seems that prices are going down.  The first few seasons of 'CSI' and 'CSI: Miami' originally priced at around $54.99 each, were re-released in new packaging for just under $30 each.  It makes sense though, i mean why anyone would pay that much for something like that, though, I admit I am guilty of it myself; I bought the first three seasons of 'Baywatch' for $60 each, and not even 2 weeks after, they were released widely to all stores for $30 each.  Holy crap was I pissed off

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/07 at 9:46 pm

The Simpsons Season 1 when it came out was $30 and then $40 retail for each following season. Only $10 more for an extra 12 episodes.  Trust me, they'll charge more than they should and then blame the writers for the added cost.

I hate that as a fan you invest in buying every season  usually anywhere from $35-60 & then they slap you in the face with a box set of the entire run....

10 seasons of Friends now boxed.... thanks the 10 individual costs me 200 already
6 seasons of Sex and the City (7 cuz season 6 pt 1 & 2) now in a box set
5 Seasons of Alias
7 Seasons of Buffy
5 Seasons of Angel

I am not happy about this.....

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/07 at 11:12 pm

I hate that as a fan you invest in buying every season  usually anywhere from $35-60 & then they slap you in the face with a box set of the entire run....

10 seasons of Friends now boxed.... thanks the 10 individual costs me 200 already
5 Seasons of Alias
7 Seasons of Buffy
5 Seasons of Angel

You got the better deal anyway ... those box sets of the entire series run are crap for one reason alone .. as a space saver, the discs usually come in cardboard type slip cases which in turn end up scratching the discs. 

In some cases though, such as Miami Vice, the entire series box set comes with the actual individual sets (as they were originally sold) in a big box

Written By: Connery on 11/14/07 at 2:12 am

I will not be happy when Smallville goes down!!

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/14/07 at 7:44 am

5 Seasons of Alias
7 Seasons of Buffy
5 Seasons of Angel

and what really burns you, is that if you and other fans aren't buying them as they come out, the sales figures would be low and they might not release all the seasons of a particular show.  My wife is a big fan of the Mary Tyler Moore show, and those seem to have completely stopped coming out at this point.

Written By: whistledog on 11/14/07 at 12:26 pm

and what really burns you, is that if you and other fans aren't buying them as they come out, the sales figures would be low and they might not release all the seasons of a particular show.

This is true yes, and has affected other DVD sets, among shows such as 'Growing Pains', 'Whos the Boss', 'Murphy Brown', 'T.J. Hooker' and even 'The Bob Newhart Show' (the latter which has 4 seasons out already)

Written By: snozberries on 11/18/07 at 2:23 pm

Negotiations on hold... they will resume the monday after thanksgiving. That means at least one more guaranteed week of the strike.

Written By: Jessica on 11/18/07 at 5:46 pm

I just caught a commercial for tonight's "Family Guy" (you know, the one they did WITHOUT the star/writer/producer of it). It sounded HORRIBLE.

Written By: whistledog on 11/26/07 at 11:07 pm

With this writers strike, so many shows are in reruns, but get this .. I'm watching 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' and his guest is Tom Hanks who is on the show to promote his brand new movie 'A League of Their Own'

A rerun from 1992 :o

Written By: snozberries on 11/26/07 at 11:18 pm

With this writers strike, so many shows are in reruns, but get this .. I'm watching 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' and his guest is Tom Hanks who is on the show to promote his brand new movie 'A League of Their Own'

Wow now that's digging deep into the NBC vault....

Alot of shows were in reruns this week because of Thanksgiving...

Fox airs reruns Mondays at 8pm because Prison Break concluded its "fall premire" and is on hiatus until January- I don't think this was because of the strike...they employed a similar tactic last year.
I'm not sure tho- why they didn't just start airing some of the shows they have slated for January now...its the perfect time to air The Sarah Conner Chronicles why wait until January?

I looked ahead at the TV schedule...looks like Fox's other shows go to reruns the first week of December  :\'(  December's gonna be a long month (Dear Mom & Dad pls give me lots of TV Shows on DVD for my birthday...thx!)

Okay the good thing about the strike....finally a funny SNL - of course the only reason it was funny was because they dug into vault to get skits from when SNL was still funny....
I totally forgot about the Julianna Marguiles regurgitation skit  :o ....  8-P OMG That was so f*ing gross!!!!  But funny  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 11/27/07 at 6:15 am

Life is my favorite show now, and it wasn't on at all last week, and isn't listed this week.  :(

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/27/07 at 8:16 am

you missed the ad campaign for that week.. it was episodes for first appearances of various stars on the Tonight Show

House is still a new episode tonight... that's all I care about.  and the new Futurama DVD

Written By: danootaandme on 11/27/07 at 8:50 am

House is still a new episode tonight... that's all I care about.  and the new Futurama DVD

If I lost House along with Life I would be in deep despair  :(

Written By: Jessica on 11/27/07 at 9:40 am

Hell yeah. It should be interesting tonight because they're finishing up the picking of the team.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/27/07 at 12:05 pm

Hell yeah. It should be interesting tonight because they're finishing up the picking of the team.

yeah, I just saw that in the paper.  If that's the conclusion to the short season, that's ok with me.  Glad they didn't leave that hanging out there.

Written By: Jessica on 11/27/07 at 1:07 pm

yeah, I just saw that in the paper.  If that's the conclusion to the short season, that's ok with me.  Glad they didn't leave that hanging out there.

If they had done that, I would've hurled something at the tv. :D

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/07 at 2:42 pm

Life is my favorite show now, and it wasn't on at all last week, and isn't listed this week.  :(

I just checked my Directv schedule I show 3 eps of Life coming up

Wed 11/28 at 10:01 PST
Mon  12/3  at 10:01 PST (part one)
Wed 12/5  at 10:01 PST (part two)

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/07 at 2:45 pm

CBS made such a big deal about not showing reruns on Thanksgiving but the eps this coming Thurs are reruns so WTF who cares we expected reruns on Turkey day...now you've just given us incentive to watch other shows at 9 & 10 because you've got reruns this week.  >:(  Ah I'm sick of CSI & Without a Trace anyway ... I just watch them out of habit not necessity...

Written By: danootaandme on 11/27/07 at 3:00 pm

I just checked my Directv schedule I show 3 eps of Life coming up

Wed 11/28 at 10:01 PST
Mon  12/3  at 10:01 PST (part one)
Wed 12/5  at 10:01 PST (part two)

WJOOOPEEE!!!  Thanks. 

Check for new replies or respond here...