inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fox to continue production of Family Guy w/o Seth MacFarlane

Written By: gumbypiz on 11/14/07 at 4:05 pm

Just noticed this article on Yahoo news:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071114/tv_nm/family_dc_1;_ylt=AgfNf9E1fh0b3BEQ32UohpIE1vAI

I know that Seth is not crossing the picket line in support of the writers strike, so I guess this is a consequence of that.

The show is one of Fox's most popular with good ratings and mammoth commercial/syndication revenue. You'd think Fox learned its lesson and not tinker with what "works" when it canceled Family Guy years ago, only to bring it back due to a large fan outcry and huge DVD sales.

MacFarlane IS Family Guy (voices/writing, etc), so I can't see how Fox thinks they can produce the show without him.
Not sure I'll want to watch the show now. :P

Subject: Re: Fox to continue production of Family Guy w/o Seth MacFarlane

Written By: Jessica on 11/14/07 at 4:08 pm

Just noticed this article on Yahoo news:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071114/tv_nm/family_dc_1;_ylt=AgfNf9E1fh0b3BEQ32UohpIE1vAI

I know that Seth is not crossing the picket line in support of the writers strike, so I guess this is a consequence of that.

The show is one of Fox's most popular with good ratings and mammoth commercial/syndication revenue. You'd think Fox learned its lesson and not tinker with what "works" when it canceled Family Guy years ago, only to bring it back due to a large fan outcry and huge DVD sales.

MacFarlane IS Family Guy (voices/writing, etc), so I can't see how Fox thinks they can produce the show without him.
Not sure I'll want to watch the show now. :P

I read that earlier. It pissed me off. I know I won't be watching it anymore because MacFarlane is the heart of the show. Bastards.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/14/07 at 7:41 pm

Well, Mr. MacFarlane, you dance with the devil, the devil always leads.  "Family Guy" got canceled once and managed to come back.  That rarely happens in television.

I doubt "Family Guy" can survive with just a bunch of corporate hacks running it.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/14/07 at 7:42 pm

Also known as Fox ****s Family Guy up, again... This time pulling a Nickelodeon.(Ren and Stimpy style)

It will really hurt them in the end if they go through with that...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/14/07 at 7:55 pm

I do applaud McFarlane for his open solidarity with the strike. 
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/thumbsup.gif

Unlike that Elllen somebody.  I'd vow never to watch her show again, but I never watched it in the first place.

Written By: whistledog on 11/14/07 at 10:07 pm

Family Guy ratings will sink faster than the titanic

Written By: woops on 11/15/07 at 3:18 am

The current season is the worst and far more disturbing  and I prefer the first three seasons better.

Though there's a few classic episodes like when Quagmire gets engaged.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/15/07 at 1:23 pm

The current season is the worst and far more disturbing  and I prefer the first three seasons better.

Though there's a few classic episodes like when Quagmire gets engaged.

Are we talking about Family Guy or Debbie Gibson's supposed comeback?  ???

Written By: sonikuu on 11/15/07 at 4:53 pm

Wow...this is bad.  I mean, Family Guy has been going downhill for awhile, but it still has the occasional funny moment and great episode.  Now...well I just don't know what to say.

Written By: La Roche on 11/15/07 at 5:05 pm

It's.. retarded to say the least.

He does the voices and come up with the ideas.. it's.. his show, you really can't do it without him.

Written By: audkal on 11/15/07 at 9:05 pm

...and I prefer the first three seasons better.

I've always thought that way as well.

Check for new replies or respond here...