inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: post grunge - crap?

Written By: dushanbe on 11/27/07 at 3:31 pm

post grunge is so boring! why do people like it?

Subject: Re: post grunge - crap?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/07 at 3:32 pm

Pre-grunge was also boring, and I never liked it!

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/27/07 at 3:51 pm

Grunge was nothing spectacular either.

Written By: dushanbe on 11/27/07 at 3:51 pm

Grunge was nothing spectacular either.

true. but nirvana is a hundred times more amazing than nickelback.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/27/07 at 7:40 pm

true. but nirvana is a hundred times more amazing than nickelback.

Boy, that's really not saying much for Nickelback!  I mean, really! 

WTF kind of name is Nickelback?  I guess if I paid a nickel to hear their song, I'd ask for it back!
:D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/28/07 at 1:35 am

This coming from an idiot who thinks the only band in the post grunge genre is "Nickelback"

This whole topic irritates the hell out of me.  Just a bunch of morons yapping about how they dislike Grunge, yet they never bothered to listen to any of it. "Grunge" was the savior of Rock & Roll at the time it hit the scene and it was quality rock music.

People who hate Grunge must also hate Classic Rock, because Grunge was basically a more modern version of 70's Rock

And if you people just don't like Rock music in general, then atleast say that, so you don't end up looking like a clueless dummy.
8-P

Written By: whistledog on 11/28/07 at 1:50 am

Grunge was basically a more modern version of 70's Rock

No it wasn't

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/07 at 1:54 am

No it wasn't
There is a big comparison between Grunge and 70's Rock Music.

Written By: sonikuu on 11/28/07 at 1:30 pm

Post Grunge is, for the most part, crap nowadays.  That is what happens when a specific style stays popular in the mainstream beyond the typical 4-5 year lifespan of most genres.  Look at Hair Metal.  It lasted beyond the 4-5 year span and it wound up becoming worse and worse until it was finally killed off.  Same goes for Post Grunge.  It was fine for the first few years (the mid 90s and some of the late 90s), but by the early 00s, it was starting to get really old and derivative.  The reason most styles of music only last 4-5 years in mass popularity before dying out is because the second half of that lifespan usually sees the commercialization of the genre and, by the fifth year, the genre is for the most part becoming saturated with second rate, copycat artists.  Post Grunge has lasted far longer than the 4-5 year lifespan, so it is easy to see why it is crap.

Its not Post Grunge anymore by the way.  It really is more like "Post-Post Grunge".  Post-Grunge has been around for so long that Post Grunge bands are probably more influenced by other Post Grunge bands than by Grunge itself.

Check for new replies or respond here...