inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Snoop Doog Has Lost His Mind. New "Sexual Seduction".

Written By: gumbypiz on 11/29/07 at 11:46 pm

I've only occasionally been a fan of Snoops music, but his new track and direction is a bit bizarre. Certainly not what you'd expect, and definitely not rap.
Watch the new video:
http://smartenupnas.com/2007/11/28/snoop-dogg-sexual-seduction-video-of-the-year

Actually I kind of like it, the '70's outfits are great.  :D
Its been a while since anyone has used a voicebox in a pop song. I'm used to hearing it from Zap/Roger and even Peter Frampton, but Snoop Dogg?

Though I like it and appreciate him trying something different, I think hes going out on a ledge here, not sure if his fans will take to this new style.
What do you think?

Subject: Re: Snoop Doog Has Lost His Mind. New "Sexual Seduction".

Written By: Zoso on 11/30/07 at 12:20 am

Wow. That was really... cool. Very cool, actually. Nice to see him trying new things, taking risks. That's what it's all about. All these artists playing it safe at the moment is taking us nowhere. I salute Snoop for not playing it safe!  8)

Written By: La Roche on 11/30/07 at 12:23 am

.. I didn't think snoop dogg could actually record anything worse, but he's managed to!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/30/07 at 12:43 am

wow. totally groovy...and he actually SANG.....and did it quite well. I'm slightly impressed! ;D

Written By: sonikuu on 11/30/07 at 12:49 am

Snoop Dogg's voicebox > T-Pain's voicebox.

I applaud this.  His last album wasn't so great, but this shows some genuine creativity and willingness to take a risk and make music that is completely different from every other Rap song.  Definitely what Rap needs right now.

Written By: Jessica on 11/30/07 at 12:55 pm

I LOVE this song and the video! A total departure from his usual.

And by the way, the voicebox....yeah, before Snoop, T-Pain and everyone else, there was Zapp & Roger. Keep that in mind, people. :D

RIP Roger.

Written By: Brian06 on 11/30/07 at 1:01 pm

Nice to hear someone not called T-Pain (SOOOO sick of this guy  ::)) using a voicebox. It's cool because it's different, least he didn't put out one of them "snap" songs like all the other rappers are doing lately.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 12/01/07 at 5:31 pm

i love it.

i love how it's reminescent of the late 70's/early 80's.

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/01/07 at 9:54 pm

I agree with everyone who has given it applause. Even though I was never much of a Snoop fan in general, I think he's one of the better old-school rappers. Like other people have commented too, it's daring and different from the typical snap or gimmicky rap singles around at the moment.

Written By: Blackjack on 01/01/08 at 6:29 pm

I've only occasionally been a fan of Snoops music, but his new track and direction is a bit bizarre. Certainly not what you'd expect, and definitely not rap.
Watch the new video:
http://smartenupnas.com/2007/11/28/snoop-dogg-sexual-seduction-video-of-the-year

Actually I kind of like it, the '70's outfits are great.   :D
Its been a while since anyone has used a voicebox in a pop song. I'm used to hearing it from Zap/Roger and even Peter Frampton, but Snoop Dogg?

Though I like it and appreciate him trying something different, I think hes going out on a ledge here, not sure if his fans will take to this new style.
What do you think?

It sounded like T-pain was doing all the work and Snoop Dogg was rapping at the way end.  Great song and another contribution to the beginning of the electro-hop scene.  50 Cent and Kayne West are doing it too.

Written By: Blackjack on 01/01/08 at 6:30 pm

I LOVE this song and the video! A total departure from his usual.

And by the way, the voicebox....yeah, before Snoop, T-Pain and everyone else, there was Zapp & Roger. Keep that in mind, people. :D

RIP Roger.

And there was Daft Punk... don't forget him.

Check for new replies or respond here...