inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bikini Photos of Jennifer Love Hewitt Create Big Buzz

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/04/07 at 1:22 am

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/79907/jennifer-love-hewitt-fights-back

With tried-and-true paparazzi faves Britney, Lindsay, and Paris on the prowl, it's always easy pickins for celeb bloggers. But when suppliers of celebrity snark switched their sights to actress Jennifer Love Hewitt, they unleashed a storm of searches.

Last week, blogs that revel in unflattering celeb moments had a blast with photos of a curvier Hewitt frolicking in a bikini. As the images filtered out, searches on "jennifer love hewitt bikini pictures," "jennifer love hewitt hawaii photos," and "jennifer love hewitt photos" all surged.

Candid photos of celebs circle around the Internet every day, but Hewitt was steamed about the use of the dreaded f word—fat. Searches on "jennifer love hewitt fat" jumped 197% as a result of the pics. On her personal site, Hewitt blasted back at those who poked fun at her figure. She's upset "for all of the girls out there that are struggling with their body image."

The "Ghost Whisperer" star says she loves her body, and according to buzz there are folks out there that agree. Searches on "jennifer love hewitt sexy" jumped 41%, proving that every dude doesn't desire a size zero.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/2262/jenniferlovehewitt01hd0.jpg

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1605/jenniferlovehewitt07oy9.jpg

OH ya...like she is SO huge or something. ::)  I've always thought that she was very pretty...and it's nice to see someone who doesn't look like a twig. :)

Subject: Re: Bikini Photos of Jennifer Love Hewitt Create Big Buzz

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/04/07 at 1:26 am

Here's her response from her blog on her website:

This is the last time I will address this subject.

I've sat by in silence for a long time now about the way women's bodies are constantly scrutinized. To set the record straight, I'm not upset for me, but for all of the girls out there that are struggling with their body image.

A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful.

What I should be doing is celebrating some of the best days of my life and my engagement to the man of my dreams, instead of having to deal with photographers taking invasive pictures from bad angles. I know what I look like, and so do my friends and family. And like all women out there should, I love my body.

To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini -- put it on and stay strong.

Xoxo

JLH

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/04/07 at 1:33 am

Yeah, wow, that's not fat.. at all  :o

No wonder why little girls are so obsessed with looks, and being pencil thin. It's pushed so much that you have to be anorexic to be beautiful. I've gained lots of respect for Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/04/07 at 1:42 am

Yeah, wow, that's not fat.. at all  :o

No wonder why little girls are so obsessed with looks, and being pencil thin. It's pushed so much that you have to be anorexic to be beautiful. I've gained lots of respect for Jennifer Love Hewitt.

I know...seriously. I think JLH is very classy, especially on the TV show, Ghost Whisperer....she is a beautiful woman...and there is NO way that she should ever be considered to be fat. ::)

And yes...this is why the majority of girls out there think that they are too fat to amount to anything good in life. Totally despicable, if you ask me.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/04/07 at 1:43 am

I've always thought she's fine so I applaud Jennifer and would give her karma, but since I can't, I'll just compliment her by saying she looks very bangable.  

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/04/07 at 5:56 am

I've always thought she's fine so I applaud Jennifer and would give her karma, but since I can't, I'll just compliment her by saying she looks very bangable.  

Absolutely.  I'd party with JLH any time...  :P

Written By: danootaandme on 12/04/07 at 6:14 am

I dunno, maybe I'll have a bit more respect for her telling young girls it's ok to have curves when she comes up to a at least a size 7.

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/04/07 at 6:31 am

No disrespect intended, but is there a possibility we can have a discussion about any remotely attractive woman without thinly veiled, pervy sexual comments?

I agree with the basic point of the thread and what she said about herself, too. Like I've said time and again, you don't need to be super thin to be attractive. In fact, I actually think it works just the opposite. There's a stereotype that not having a perfect body somehow makes one less attractive, and along with it being BS, it also damages womens' self esteem needlessly. Lots of men apparently think this way too, but I never have been and never will be one of them. In fact, I think the "girls next door" are often cuter than the typical hot girls the media tend to give attention to.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/04/07 at 6:35 am

No disrespect intended, but is there a possibility we can have a discussion about an attractive woman without thinly veiled sexual comments?

Probably not

Written By: La Roche on 12/04/07 at 7:58 am

I don't get the obsession with ridiculously skinny, I'd much rather ride the wampa, tease the tauntaun as it were, with Jenifer Love Hewitt than some of those other stick insect like women.

I always felt the same thing about Courtney Cox, she was a very attractive woman and then lost.. all.. the weight she had.. and ended up looking like Zorak -

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/de/Space_Ghost_Zorak.jpg

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/04/07 at 9:30 am

I don't get the obsession with ridiculously skinny, I'd much rather ride the wampa, tease the tauntaun as it were, with Jenifer Love Hewitt than some of those other stick insect like women.

I always felt the same thing about Courtney Cox, she was a very attractive woman and then lost.. all.. the weight she had.. and ended up looking like Zorak -

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/de/Space_Ghost_Zorak.jpg

No disrespect to Zorak, but yeah, she started looking really bad as time went on. She was never, by any stretch of the imagination, fat.. but now.. Ugh.

Man, I love Zorak..

Written By: Jessica on 12/04/07 at 9:39 am

IMHO, she's not a size 2. Maybe a 7 or 8. I think I'd have more respect for her if she told the truth about her size instead of ridiculously assuming we're all so lame as to believe she's a 2. Yes, her stomach is flat, but her lower body is quite a bit wider than her top half.

Good for her for sticking up for herself, but sheesh, don't lie about the obvious.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/04/07 at 9:42 am

IMHO, she's not a size 2. Maybe a 7 or 8. I think I'd have more respect for her if she told the truth about her size instead of ridiculously assuming we're all so lame as to believe she's a 2. Yes, her stomach is flat, but her lower body is quite a bit wider than her top half.

Good for her for sticking up for herself, but sheesh, don't lie about the obvious.

Ohh, I took it as her reassuring the public that a 2 is not fat. Just.. generally speaking. I never thought of it that way. She's thin, but you're right, she's not a size 2.

Written By: Jessica on 12/04/07 at 9:46 am

Ohh, I took it as her reassuring the public that a 2 is not fat. Just.. generally speaking. I never thought of it that way. She's thin, but you're right, she's not a size 2.

Hmmm, maybe I read her statement wrong. I'm just so used to all these stars screaming that they're not over a size 4, that it was just a natural response. But yeah, that way of protesting is fine. I just thought she was saying she was a size 2 and I was like, "Oh hell no." :D

I once read somewhere that they had to sew size 4 labels on Jennifer Lopez's clothes (she was a size 6 or 8 or something) or else she'd have a bitch fit about it and proclaim she was a 4.

Written By: Tia on 12/04/07 at 10:28 am

'm a size 4 and it's not like you hear ME bragging all the time.

Written By: chatterbox on 12/04/07 at 11:41 am

Jennifer doesn't look fat. She looks great and healthy. I was suffering from anorexia last year. My height was 155 cm and my weight was about 24 kg. Now I am only 37 kg and 160 cm and I hate myself for that. I don't know what was I thinking about last year. I am joining show in my school and when I was singing last year everybody was just looking at me and laughing because I was pencil thin. I wanna weight at least 42 kg!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/04/07 at 11:44 am

If you don't look like a starving coat hanger, you're fat.  Get it? Got it?  Good.
:D

Written By: whistledog on 12/04/07 at 11:48 am

I think JLH looks just fine.  Whoever said she was fat is probably just jealous that she looks so good in that bikini.

I would bang JLH like cymbals in an overworked marching band 8)

Written By: Tia on 12/04/07 at 11:53 am

that's so romantic!

Written By: Jessica on 12/04/07 at 11:57 am

I think JLH looks just fine.  Whoever said she was fat is probably just jealous that she looks so good in that bikini.

That's so hot. :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/04/07 at 12:02 pm

Yazza!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/04/07 at 3:24 pm

No disrespect intended, but is there a possibility we can have a discussion about any remotely attractive woman without thinly veiled, pervy sexual comments?

Impossible!

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/04/07 at 6:11 pm

... WHY DO PEOPLE EVEN CARE HOW HEAVY ANY ACTORS/ACTRESSES ARE, and why do they over-exaggerate every half pound added on!? I mean, seriously!

Written By: whistledog on 12/04/07 at 6:12 pm

... WHY DO PEOPLE EVEN CARE HOW HEAVY ANY ACTORS/ACTRESSES ARE, and why do they over-exaggerate every half pound added on!? I mean, seriously!

If they didn't, then tabloid papers would be nothing but blank pages ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 12/04/07 at 7:16 pm

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/79907/jennifer-love-hewitt-fights-back

With tried-and-true paparazzi faves Britney, Lindsay, and Paris on the prowl, it's always easy pickins for celeb bloggers. But when suppliers of celebrity snark switched their sights to actress Jennifer Love Hewitt, they unleashed a storm of searches.

Last week, blogs that revel in unflattering celeb moments had a blast with photos of a curvier Hewitt frolicking in a bikini. As the images filtered out, searches on "jennifer love hewitt bikini pictures," "jennifer love hewitt hawaii photos," and "jennifer love hewitt photos" all surged.

Candid photos of celebs circle around the Internet every day, but Hewitt was steamed about the use of the dreaded f word—fat. Searches on "jennifer love hewitt fat" jumped 197% as a result of the pics. On her personal site, Hewitt blasted back at those who poked fun at her figure. She's upset "for all of the girls out there that are struggling with their body image."

The "Ghost Whisperer" star says she loves her body, and according to buzz there are folks out there that agree. Searches on "jennifer love hewitt sexy" jumped 41%, proving that every dude doesn't desire a size zero.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/2262/jenniferlovehewitt01hd0.jpg

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1605/jenniferlovehewitt07oy9.jpg

OH ya...like she is SO huge or something. ::)  I've always thought that she was very pretty...and it's nice to see someone who doesn't look like a twig. :)

I agree with you there.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/04/07 at 7:19 pm

It's an easy distraction from an unbearable life.  I wonder how many shoppers gossiping about JLH at the checkout have a cartful of Twinkies!
::)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 12/04/07 at 7:21 pm

I applaud Jennifer for just being herself. She's not out there hiding her curves and she's having fun - so, celebrity obssessed paparazzi - get a life and stop making others miserable.

I use to be rather small because I am a small person. A few years back, I barely tipped the scales at 100 lbs, now I'm 115lbs, and I know with time, metabolism changes and your eating habits change and life goes on... So, there's nothing wrong with curves..

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/04/07 at 7:50 pm

If they didn't, then tabloid papers would be nothing but blank pages ;D

Well, see, why not replace tabloids with things people should care about?

... Like music? =D

Written By: whistledog on 12/04/07 at 7:59 pm

... Like music? =D

But if it weren't for tabloids, then what would people do in supermarket check out lines while they wait for some crazy person to count out 2000 coins to pay for some Apples, Polident and a box of Bisquick Pancake Mix

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/04/07 at 8:23 pm

I'd hit it like a slow-pitch softball.  ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/04/07 at 8:40 pm

But if it weren't for tabloids, then what would people do in supermarket check out lines while they wait for some crazy person to count out 2000 coins to pay for some Apples, Polident and a box of Bisquick Pancake Mix

Read about what they should really know about, duh!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/04/07 at 9:34 pm

Hey, someday you'll be an old coot on a pension fumbling coins for denture cream and laxitives through arthritic fingers, ya whippersnapper!

... Like music? =D

Do the tabloids publish gossip about JLH's cellulite because people care about it or do people care about it because the tabloids publish it?  This is what Noam Chomsky calls "manufactured consent" and it applies to political and social issues as well as celebrity gossip!
::)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/04/07 at 9:46 pm

So, there's nothing wrong with curves..

Unless, of course, you have no brakes.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/04/07 at 11:44 pm

That's so hot. :D

hahaaha...I was just about to say the exact same thing!! hahaaha!! :D ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/05/07 at 2:23 am

thinly veiled my ass  ;D I thought it was blatant but I appreciate you being nice about it Marty.
of course you like to discuss topics, but can't open discussions and pervy sexual comments co-exist in the same thread. I think they can.  Jennifer is actually a bright actress. wait, did I say bright? I meant good. She's a good actress, at least I thought so in the movie Heartbreakers.  Unfortunatley in Hollywood and any celebs for that matter, looks are all important and have nothing to do with a person's talent. It's sad but that's what we've been programmed with and spoon fed over for many years. I think Jennifer said the angle of the pics exaggerated her appearance and another angle would probably have her looking hot, although she's fine in any of those pics, and very natural looking which is another thing. the plastic surgery gone amuck but that's another topic.

Written By: tv on 12/05/07 at 9:09 am

I always thought of Jennifer Love Hewitt as a skinny or slender woman but she does have curves as proven by the photos which is a good thing I mean every woman(I;m saying this as a guy) should be proud of their curves.

Written By: Watcher29 on 12/05/07 at 4:58 pm

Boo-ah! What? There were words on that page with the pictures of Jennifer Love Hewitt? I didn't see them.

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/05/07 at 5:53 pm

She's not fat,she'd be really popular around here.

But i have a stupid question...is Love her real name ???

Written By: Red Ant on 12/06/07 at 12:47 am

proving that every dude doesn't desire a size zero.

No guy I know wants a size zero woman, not even in their fantasies. What is size zero, like a 23 inch waist?

I've said this before and I'll say it again for the ladies:

It's not what you've got, it's how you work it.

Besides, what females are size zero? Aside from naturally thin women (which I love too), there are three categories that come to mind:

~9 year olds (no thanks)
~Those with eating disorders (ditto above)
~Runway models

With models, who is designing clothes for these women? Probably some lame guy from Milan who couldn't get laid even if he paid for it. Or....

People like this:

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/donatella_versace_remix.jpg

Are women seriously taking fashion advice from someone who looks like that: a once good looking woman who has ruined her face trying to look "better"? Please, it would be like men taking fashion advice from Michael Jackson.

JLH has a little bit of a belly. So what? If she wasn't JLH, NOBODY WOULD CARE (karma to Meat! for saying it first).

Looks only get you to first base. After that, your personality (or lack there of) is what any intelligent guy is after (I already see a flaw in my reasoning...  ;D).

Think of it this way: sure, a Ferrari is a dream car for most guys, but if it doesn't have an engine underneath the hood, well, it sucks more than having a 5000 HP drag engine shoehorned into a rusted out Yugo.

I sense I may have lost the ladies with that ^...  ;D

Bottom line: looks and weight do matter, but not NEARLY as much as women think.

And now, for a totally insensitive comment: any guy that wouldn't sleep with JLH is gay. Or a monk. Or possibly an insomniac. The end.

Ant

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/06/07 at 6:12 am

The other day at the checkout stand, the National Enquirer had a cover story about some sort of "Deodorant Disaster" that Beyonce had experienced.  :o ::)

I wish I had bought it because now I am wondering how you can have a deodorant disaster.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 12/06/07 at 6:44 am

I wish I had bought it because now I am wondering how you can have a deodorant disaster.  ;D

She probably got that powdery chalky underarm thing.  That's all I can figure.  Why did they feel the need to report on something like that.  Why am I responding. Am I becoming a victim of the tabloids,  HELP ME I'M drowning gurglegurglegurgle.....

Written By: Watcher29 on 12/07/07 at 8:14 am

The other day at the checkout stand, the National Enquirer had a cover story about some sort of "Deodorant Disaster" that Beyonce had experienced.   :o ::)

Well, I have them some times. I have a medical condition that makes my underarms sweat... a lot. Sometimes it has been known to overwhelm deodorant and cologne.
Somehow, I doubt whatever happened to Beyonce was anywhere near that serious, though.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 12/07/07 at 9:25 am

The other day at the checkout stand, the National Enquirer had a cover story about some sort of "Deodorant Disaster" that Beyonce had experienced.   :o ::)

I googled it. My search yielded some.. shall I say, pretty appalling photographs of said "Disaster". Oh man, I'm not sure I can post something of this caliber on Inthe00s. I advise the elder public, please- I repeat, PLEASE remove any children, or impressionable humans from the premises.

Chucky, I know the rules you have set for this family-friendly atmosphere, but I fear if I don't post these photographs, your Inthe00s followers will, one day, make the same mistake this.. poor, poor, grotesque woman made very recently. How could I sleep at night knowing such? I feel, in my position, you, being the kind, selfless, beautiful creature next door you are, would do the same thing.

:::Disclaimer:::  I, Bethany, did not photograph such abominable images. I can not be held responsible for any tainted adolescents, if they, somehow stumble upon this post. I am doing what's right. For men and women alike. And for America. F*CK YEAH!

The photos will appear immediately following the Dots Of Anticipation.

http://www.mediatakeout.com/photo/1170036956Beyonce_Deodorant.jpg

http://www.mediatakeout.com/photo/1170036956Beyonce_Deodorant1.jpg

I think I speak for all mankind when I say "Oh, the horror. The horror."

That is all.

Written By: Tia on 12/07/07 at 9:35 am

http://www.mediatakeout.com/photo/1170036956Beyonce_Deodorant.jpg

http://www.mediatakeout.com/photo/1170036956Beyonce_Deodorant1.jpg

That is all.
omg! put a black box over that! for the love of all that is decent, beth, think of the children.

can you imagine what they would do with a celebrity who developed a mild dandruff problem?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/07/07 at 11:18 am

I CAN'T SEE THEM...they are just boxes with red X's. :-\\

Written By: Tia on 12/07/07 at 11:21 am

i couldnt either, i had to copy the urls into a new browser. but that just added to the suspense.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/07/07 at 11:22 am

i couldnt either, i had to copy the urls into a new browser. but that just added to the suspense.

hahaah...very true! Will do! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/07/07 at 11:24 am

hahaah...very true! Will do! :)

oh wow...all of that anticipation for...that? LOL!  Does she appear to have an entire deodorant stick under her armpit? LOL!

Written By: Red Ant on 12/07/07 at 11:24 am

You have to turn off your filters and have a pint of virgin blood on hand to see these photos. They are hideous!

Good thing there isn't a stray pube or shadow there - the world as we know it would be permanently damaged.

Oh, I gave you your 2000th karma point.

Ant

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/07/07 at 4:59 pm

No guy I know wants a size zero woman, not even in their fantasies. What is size zero, like a 23 inch waist?

I've said this before and I'll say it again for the ladies:

It's not what you've got, it's how you work it.

Besides, what females are size zero? Aside from naturally thin women (which I love too), there are three categories that come to mind:

~9 year olds (no thanks)
~Those with eating disorders (ditto above)
~Runway models

With models, who is designing clothes for these women? Probably some lame guy from Milan who couldn't get laid even if he paid for it. Or....

People like this:

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/donatella_versace_remix.jpg

Are women seriously taking fashion advice from someone who looks like that: a once good looking woman who has ruined her face trying to look "better"? Please, it would be like men taking fashion advice from Michael Jackson.

JLH has a little bit of a belly. So what? If she wasn't JLH, NOBODY WOULD CARE (karma to Meat! for saying it first).

Looks only get you to first base. After that, your personality (or lack there of) is what any intelligent guy is after (I already see a flaw in my reasoning...  ;D).

Think of it this way: sure, a Ferrari is a dream car for most guys, but if it doesn't have an engine underneath the hood, well, it sucks more than having a 5000 HP drag engine shoehorned into a rusted out Yugo.

I sense I may have lost the ladies with that ^...  ;D

Bottom line: looks and weight do matter, but not NEARLY as much as women think.

And now, for a totally insensitive comment: any guy that wouldn't sleep with JLH is gay. Or a monk. Or possibly an insomniac. The end.

Ant

Psht, I wouldn't sleep with her...

Mainly because I don't know her.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/07/07 at 5:01 pm

I googled it. My search yielded some.. shall I say, pretty appalling photographs of said "Disaster". Oh man, I'm not sure I can post something of this caliber on Inthe00s. I advise the elder public, please- I repeat, PLEASE remove any children, or impressionable humans from the premises.

Chucky, I know the rules you have set for this family-friendly atmosphere, but I fear if I don't post these photographs, your Inthe00s followers will, one day, make the same mistake this.. poor, poor, grotesque woman made very recently. How could I sleep at night knowing such? I feel, in my position, you, being the kind, selfless, beautiful creature next door you are, would do the same thing.

:::Disclaimer:::  I, Bethany, did not photograph such abominable images. I can not be held responsible for any tainted adolescents, if they, somehow stumble upon this post. I am doing what's right. For men and women alike. And for America. F*CK YEAH!

I say... CAST HER TO THE FIERY DEPTHS OF HELL! *Hangs Beth by a noose.*

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/07/07 at 7:14 pm

Oh yes.  Beyonce and her famous "Double Pit Pose"  ::)

Written By: Red Ant on 12/07/07 at 7:17 pm

Psht, I wouldn't sleep with her...

Mainly because I don't know her.

I sit corrected.

Ant

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/07/07 at 7:20 pm

I sit corrected.

Ant

It may help to know, though, that I'm a gay insomniac monk.

Written By: Red Ant on 12/07/07 at 7:22 pm

It may help to know, though, that I'm a gay insomniac monk.

Remind me never to stop by your monastery!  ;D

Ant

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/07/07 at 7:45 pm

Remind me never to stop by your monastery!  ;D

Ant

Psht. I keep it in my pants!

Check for new replies or respond here...