inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Kylie Minogue is back

Written By: whistledog on 12/08/07 at 2:07 am

Kylie Minogue is back with her tenth album aptly titled 'X'.  Though it has not been released in the USA, it's out almost everywhere else and is doing very well!  Being a Kylie Minogue fan, I knew I would enjoy it, but I actually enjoy it way more than I thought I would.  I've been listening to it all week!  Here's some current charts ...

THE ALBUM ...
X

THE HITS (so far) ...
♦ 2 Hearts
♦ Speakerphone
♦ Wow
♦ In My Arms
♦ All I See <featuring Mims>
♦ The One

NOTE:  Speakerphone has not been released as a single.  As an album track, It mysteriously charted in Canada via digital sales

http://www.arjanwrites.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/10/19/arjanwrites_kyliex.jpg

Subject: Re: Kylie Minogue is back

Written By: Brian06 on 12/08/07 at 3:51 am

Great news of course. 2 Hearts is great, I've had it on here a while and it has gotten many plays, I haven't downloaded the album yet but I will eventually.

Written By: Pray on 12/14/07 at 5:36 pm

yay! kylie is hot!

Written By: nondiva234 on 12/15/07 at 12:29 am

Haven't heard her new songs. I'll download them soon.

Written By: Henk on 12/15/07 at 1:52 am

You want my opinion..?

"2 Hearts" managed to reach Top 40 over here, but it only got to #31. I feel like even that was too much. It's a below par achievement for Kylie, the video is cheap, and why on earth does she look like Christina Aguilera in the video?

I see others disagree. That's okay, but I honestly think Kylie can do a lot better than this.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/15/07 at 5:49 am

...and she is appearing on the final for The X Factor (in the UK) tonight...

...with Jason Donovan.

Written By: whistledog on 12/15/07 at 10:49 am

You want my opinion..?

"2 Hearts" managed to reach Top 40 over here, but it only got to #31. I feel like even that was too much. It's a below par achievement for Kylie, the video is cheap, and why on earth does she look like Christina Aguilera in the video?

I see others disagree. That's okay, but I honestly think Kylie can do a lot better than this.

It's pretty good, but I do agree that she can do a whole lot better.  However, one song on the album (which I hope will become a single) called 'In My Arms' is IMO her best single of the 00s so far.  It's so dang catchy 8)

THE ALBUM ...
X *

THE SINGLES (so far) ...
2 Hearts *
Speakerphone *

* still rising in the chart

To update here, 'Speakerphone' fell out of the chart after 1 week and '2 Hearts' has dropped to #91.  The album 'X' also fell out of the chart :(

Written By: Blackjack on 12/29/07 at 9:26 am

I heard that she might be releasing her album in 2008... maybe about June.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/06/08 at 11:01 am

She made a guest appearance in Dr Who on Christmas Day.

Written By: whistledog on 01/31/08 at 1:41 am

I updated Kylie's wikipedia discography to put in 'Speakerphone' (It did chart in Canada), but someone removed it.  Oh well.  Atleast I know it was a hit here.  That's good enough for me

It's pretty good, but I do agree that she can do a whole lot better.  However, one song on the album (which I hope will become a single) called 'In My Arms' is IMO her best single of the 00s so far.  It's so dang catchy 8)

To update myself here, 'In My Arms' is going to be the next single, and I couldn't be more excited.  IMO, it's her best ever song.  I love it!

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3084/in2bmy2barmsjx6.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/31/08 at 2:00 am

Kylie Minogue's next single Wow is released in the UK 18th February this year. Radio 2 has been playing and I quite like it.

Written By: whistledog on 01/31/08 at 2:08 am

Kylie Minogue's next single Wow is released in the UK 18th February this year. Radio 2 has been playing and I quite like it.

That already charted in the UK back in December 2007.  'Tis a good song yes :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/31/08 at 2:16 am

That already charted in the UK back in December 2007.  'Tis a good song yes :)
No wonder I have been hearing it on the radio, it must be set for a re-release.

Written By: whistledog on 03/21/08 at 9:35 pm

her next single 'All I See' is new in the Canadian Chart at #87 8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/22/08 at 2:41 am

Kylie Minogue's next single for the UK Charts is "In My Arms" and is due for release on May 5th (2008)

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 03/22/08 at 7:09 am

I'm so happy to hear of Kylie's continued success around the globe and the new album is awesome... I just wish she would have more success on the American charts! :(

Written By: gibbo on 03/22/08 at 8:00 am

Look I'm an Aussie and I am proud of the success that Kylie has made of her career but........... Is she really THAT good? She has an average voice, doesn't write original music and relies heavily on tarting it up in her videos.

I thought only the countries that aired Neighbours (the TV soapie that introduced her) back in the late 80's would show her the light of day but she is slowly breaking into the larger US market (scratches head). Always thought she was cute ......but I guess her greatest talent is she is simply a likeable celebrity..

I thought her career would be over 15 years ago...but I have to hand it to her...she keeps on keeping on........ :o

Written By: whistledog on 03/22/08 at 8:14 am

I'm so happy to hear of Kylie's continued success around the globe and the new album is awesome... I just wish she would have more success on the American charts! :(

She could still.  Her latest album 'X' is finally due for release in the USA on April 1 :)

Written By: gibbo on 03/22/08 at 8:17 am

She could still.  Her latest album 'X' is finally due for release in the USA on April 1 :)

I'm curious..you seem like a big fan of hers. What am I missing here?

Written By: whistledog on 03/22/08 at 8:18 am

I'm curious..you seem like a big fan of hers. What am I missing here?

I am a big fan.  What's not to love .. a gorgeous woman singing catchy songs.  That's all I need 8)

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 03/22/08 at 8:58 am

Finally!!! Great news. Thanks, Jason! :)

Written By: gibbo on 03/22/08 at 9:01 am

I am a big fan.  What's not to love .. a gorgeous woman singing catchy songs.  That's all I need 8)

Okay...I get THAT much. I've liked her since before she was "Kylie". I guess we Aussies may take her true talent for granted.  :)

Written By: whistledog on 03/22/08 at 6:27 pm

Okay...I get THAT much. I've liked her since before she was "Kylie". I guess we Aussies may take her true talent for granted.  :)

I would think that in Australia, her songs would get overplayed because of her superstar status.  She's popular almost everywhere but North America.  She is a known name here in North America, but when the 80s ended, she fell completely out of the chart, and never returned until 2001

Written By: Gis on 03/25/08 at 11:31 am

Look I'm an Aussie and I am proud of the success that Kylie has made of her career but........... Is she really THAT good? She has an average voice, doesn't write original music and relies heavily on tarting it up in her videos.

I thought only the countries that aired Neighbours (the TV soapie that introduced her) back in the late 80's would show her the light of day but she is slowly breaking into the larger US market (scratches head). Always thought she was cute ......but I guess her greatest talent is she is simply a likeable celebrity..

I thought her career would be over 15 years ago...but I have to hand it to her...she keeps on keeping on........ :o
I think the fact she is very likeable certainly helps her longevity.She always comes across as so damn nice, just look how everyone was rooting for her when she had breast cancer.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/08 at 12:32 pm

I think the fact she is very likeable certainly helps her longevity.She always comes across as so damn nice, just look how everyone was rooting for her when she had breast cancer.
In one sense it seems she has never been away.

Written By: whistledog on 03/27/08 at 10:13 pm

her next single 'All I See' is new in the Canadian Chart at #87 8)

and after just one week, it fell out of the 100 chart.  Makes no matter to me because IMO, hits are hits no matter how high they chart, and her album charted 3 in Canada.  I love it! 8)

Written By: tv on 03/29/08 at 5:05 pm

I would think that in Australia, her songs would get overplayed because of her superstar status.  She's popular almost everywhere but North America.  She is a known name here in North America, but when the 80s ended, she fell completely out of the chart, and never returned until 2001
Yeah she had an incredible comeback in America in 2002.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/08 at 4:51 am

Yeah she had an incredible comeback in America in 2002.

Yeah that's when I was introduced to her and became a fan, I knew like every song on the Fever album. I also enjoyed "Red Blooded Woman" from 2004.

Written By: whistledog on 04/01/08 at 10:19 pm

I heard the single version of 'All I See' on the radio.  It's a duet with Mims.  It was catchy, but I'll stick with the non rap album version

Check for new replies or respond here...