inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The N

Written By: Blackjack on 12/31/07 at 9:44 am

Finally some stuff for me to watch... the N used to be part of Noggin, which showed babyish shows and I usually skip past Noggin when I was flipping channels.  Now we have the N and there are some great shows on there... I'm glad to have another network for teens... Disney Channel is for younger teens like 14-15 years  old, and the N is just for my age.  MTV was getting a little too boring and too reality orientated.  Who cares about American Top Model... I want music videos and decent teen shows.

Subject: Re: The N

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 1:21 am

Finally some stuff for me to watch... the N used to be part of Noggin, which showed babyish shows and I usually skip past Noggin when I was flipping channels.  Now we have the N and there are some great shows on there... I'm glad to have another network for teens... Disney Channel is for younger teens like 14-15 years  old, and the N is just for my age.  MTV was getting a little too boring and too reality orientated.  Who cares about American Top Model... I want music videos and decent teen shows.

I love the N... I'm 40 but what the hell I never grew up  ;D 

Degrassi the Next Generation
South of Nowhere
Best Years 

those are my favorite shows on the network! They should start up again soon!!!! I can't wait. . .

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/01/08 at 1:29 am

The N got it's own channel now but I don't think our cable system carries it yet.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(  No more Degrassi.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 1:32 am

The N got it's own channel now but I don't think our cable system carries it yet.  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(  No more Degrassi.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Directv.... you gotta join the revolution...

Written By: Blackjack on 01/01/08 at 9:24 am

I love the N... I'm 40 but what the hell I never grew up  ;D 

Degrassi the Next Generation
South of Nowhere
Best Years 

those are my favorite shows on the network! They should start up again soon!!!! I can't wait. . .

South of Nowhere is a good show.  I don't really watch the N that much, because I basically skip past the kiddie channels when I am flipping channels and I did not realize that there weas a nightime network for teens.  I do really like Zoey 101 and I am 16.

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 12:24 pm

South of Nowhere is a good show.  I don't really watch the N that much, because I basically skip past the kiddie channels when I am flipping channels and I did not realize that there weas a nightime network for teens.  I do really like Zoey 101 and I am 16.

I came across the N because I am a Degrassi Fan from way back in the day and the minute I heard that Spike's daughter litle Emma was going to be the central character of a new Degrassi show I was all over it... I wish the old Degrassi cast that are in this show got just a little more air time They gave them some storylines in Season 3 or 4 but I guess they're not catering to me but the teenyboppers....whatever I still watch every episode at least twice!

Written By: whistledog on 01/01/08 at 3:35 pm

No more Degrassi.   :\'( :\'( :\'(

If you live close to the US/Canadian border, you might be able to watch it.  States that line the border can often get Canadian channels, so if you get CTV, you can still watch it

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/01/08 at 4:04 pm

OK, I finally found the N since they split from morning program as Noggin and after 6 p.m. became the N (on my cable system anyways).  Until yesterday...now they are both independant channels, but I still get Noggin (which I have no use for... no little kiddies here) and apparently The N, is special subscription service.  *sigh*  So I guess tomorrow I will call and see how much more per month it'll cost to get that channel.

I am seriously thinking about the satellite television because I think I already pay way way way too much a month.

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 4:34 pm

OK, I finally found the N since they split from morning program as Noggin and after 6 p.m. became the N (on my cable system anyways).  Until yesterday...now they are both independant channels, but I still get Noggin (which I have no use for... no little kiddies here) and apparently The N, is special subscription service.  *sigh*  So I guess tomorrow I will call and see how much more per month it'll cost to get that channel.

I am seriously thinking about the satellite television because I think I already pay way way way too much a month.

I'd be happy to refer you to Directv!  you get stuff and I get a break on my bill for the referral..let me know.

Written By: snozberries on 01/01/08 at 4:37 pm

for the record  The Noggin remains on channel 298  and the N can be found on channel 303.... on Directv of course!  ;)

Written By: Blackjack on 01/01/08 at 5:57 pm

for the record  The Noggin remains on channel 298  and the N can be found on channel 303.... on Directv of course!  ;)

I wish they take that stupid Noggin off the air and start a new channel such as Disney Classics or something like that.  Or bring back old skool Noggin from the pre-2002 N/Noggin split era.

Check for new replies or respond here...