inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anybody here hate rock music

Written By: Blackjack on 01/05/08 at 9:34 am

Is there anybody here that hate rock music... they rather listen to country, pop, R&B, rap, dance, etc. instead of this stupid sh**.

Subject: Re: Anybody here hate rock music

Written By: Marian on 01/05/08 at 1:34 pm

I like early rock and roll,so I guess no.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/05/08 at 1:35 pm

Is there anybody here that hate rock music...

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/728750.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB1D6A63B07FBB24DF284831B75F48EF45

Written By: SemperYoda on 01/05/08 at 1:38 pm

Early rock and country where pretty much the same thing.

As with all genres of music, there is sh!t and there is actually good stuff.  Metallica for instance, is a really good band.  They also write their own music and play instruments.

Can you say that for the majority of pop stars?  Can they play their own instruments.  Justin Timberlake is one of the only pop stars I like just for that fact.  He is talented.  Dont like all of his music, but I respect him.

This new wuss rock I dont care for.  Some pretty boy band trying to pretend that they are all hard and stuff.  Give me a break.

Written By: Monkey on 01/05/08 at 4:03 pm

i hate rap, but not all hip hop.

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/05/08 at 4:11 pm

I like pop/rock. ;)

While I'm not huge into louder heavy metal, progressive or classic rock, I think rock-influenced pop is great. I especially like '80s music, so a few that I like on that level include Hall and Oates, Foreigner, Don Henley, Phil Collins, Eddie Money, Bon Jovi, etc. For the '90s stuff like Collective Soul, Del Amitri and Green Day. All that has some elements of pure rock, but in a poppier context if you know what I mean.

In fact I feel this way for most types of music. I like a little of everything and am quite open minded, but tend to have preference over the more "poppy" variations, as opposed to the hardcore stuff that appeals more to their direct fanbases. I will say I can't stand country, though. Especially most country FANS who ONLY listen to that. Rarely will I call an entire genre of music crap, but it pretty much is to me (with a few exceptions on the poppier or ballad songs).

Written By: Blackjack on 01/05/08 at 4:26 pm

I like this new Club Rock that is starting to come it... it's a brand new style of music that started in 2006-early 2007 and it's really starting to kick in.  Listen to the Killers, any of this new Good Charlotte sh**, Shiny Toy Guns, Mute Math, Linkin Park, etc.  Electroemo is a subgenre of this club rock.

Written By: Blackjack on 01/05/08 at 4:29 pm

Early rock and country where pretty much the same thing.

As with all genres of music, there is sh!t and there is actually good stuff.  Metallica for instance, is a really good band.  They also write their own music and play instruments.

Can you say that for the majority of pop stars?  Can they play their own instruments.  Justin Timberlake is one of the only pop stars I like just for that fact.  He is talented.  Dont like all of his music, but I respect him.

This new wuss rock I dont care for.  Some pretty boy band trying to pretend that they are all hard and stuff.  Give me a break.

I agree with you... emo especially and this screamo is total junk.  The alternative post grunge scene such as Nickelback is getting boring (late 1990s up to 2000 is better) and this "girl emo" such as Paramore and Flyleaf is especially stupid.  Electroemo is not that bad.

Written By: gibbo on 01/05/08 at 6:18 pm

I like most types of music excepting rap. I especially enjoy the late sixties/early seventies era with all the singer songwriters and harmonising bands (EG America, CSN, Bread, Eagles, Doobies, James Tayloy, Don McLean, Carole King, Carly Simon Dan Fogelberg etc etc etc).

After saying that though, I did buy (and love) some Led Zepplin & ACDC . I am suprised how there are so many US citizens on this site but I never see The Eagles mentioned (probably the most successful US band ever).

Written By: ninny on 01/06/08 at 6:47 am

I love rock music,some of my favs..Led Zeppelin.Reo Speedwagon.The Eagles,Styx Def Lepard,Bon Jovi,AC/DC, The Who,Aerosmith. Metallica& The Rolling Stones, but I also like music from the 60's,70's & 80's,not to much up on the latest music, thou I do have some Linkin Park on MySpace. I like Classical music,and some classical country music.
OOPS forgot some..Foreinger,U2,Beatles,Pearl Jam,Bad Company,Sweet,Heart,some Alice in Chains,ELO,ELP,Moody Blues,Kansas,Boston,  Genesis..well I don't want to bore you so I will end now.

Written By: tv on 01/06/08 at 7:37 am

I like this new Club Rock that is starting to come it... it's a brand new style of music that started in 2006-early 2007 and it's really starting to kick in.  Listen to the Killers, any of this new Good Charlotte sh**, Shiny Toy Guns, Mute Math, Linkin Park, etc.  Electroemo is a subgenre of this club rock.

Is it me or is Hip-Hop and Rock starting to become more alike because even a rapper like Kanye West is using electro-dance beats in his music like on songs like "Stronger" and "Flashing Lights". What about Timbaland too?

As for music I like like early to mid 80's R&B stuff like Kool And The Gang, Alexander O' Neal, SOS Band, Cherelle, and Ready Ford The World. I like alterative rock/grunge like Stone Temple Pilots, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Green Day, Offspring,  REM, Faith No More, and Nine Inch Nails. Like Pop/R&B stuff(1987-1998 stuff) like Keith Sweat, Taylor Dayne, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, SWV,  Monica, Toni Braxton, Bobby Brown, Montell Jordan,  and Babyface. I like Phil Collins too and his stuff he did with Genesis. I like 80's Freestyle music like Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, and Stevie B. I like some 90's pop-rock stuff like Gin Blossoms, Toad The West Sprocket, Collective Soul, Sponge, and Better Than Ezra. I lke 80's synth-pop like Depeche Mode(well they're both 80's and 90's) and New Order.

As for rap today;s rap I like Kanye West's music. I liked "Comon's" song "The People" that came out last year. It was a good rap song and a good music video to go along with it too. I like "Lupe Fiasco" too. I don't like this gimmicky one hit wonder rap stuff that came out last year. As for older rap I like LL Cool J, Arrested Development, Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five, PM Dawn, 2 Pac, Lost Boyz, Heavy D, Busta Ryhmes, and Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince/Will Smith.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/08/08 at 6:39 am

If the rock music is still pleaant to the ear, I like it!

Written By: Blackjack on 01/16/08 at 6:25 pm

If the rock music is still pleaant to the ear, I like it!

Rock music now is not really that pleasant to the ear as it was about 20-30 years ago. About 20-30 years ago, rock music was KING and basically all the other genres of music was an "background noise".  Now we have is pretty much this emo, boring alternative rock that is played on the Hot AC  stations such as Lifehouse and Daughtry, and all these weird, experimental genres.  Rock music is pretty much dead and it might make some revival in 2008, but I don't it will last into 2009 and it will probably be KING again around 2020.  Right now it's basically dance, R&B, and this Latin-Reggae stuff... with a few dashes of hip-hop.  The most popular style now I think is just pop.

Written By: tv on 01/17/08 at 11:42 am

Rock music now is not really that pleasant to the ear as it was about 20-30 years ago. About 20-30 years ago, rock music was KING and basically all the other genres of music was an "background noise".  Now we have is pretty much this emo, boring alternative rock that is played on the Hot AC  stations such as Lifehouse and Daughtry, and all these weird, experimental genres.  Rock music is pretty much dead and it might make some revival in 2008, but I don't it will last into 2009 and it will probably be KING again around 2020.  Right now it's basically dance, R&B, and this Latin-Reggae stuff... with a few dashes of hip-hop.  The most popular style now I think is just pop.

I can stand "Daughtry" I mean they're alright but "Lifehouse" your right about them though I don;t like "Lifehouse". R&B I don;t even count as being popular like it was in the 90's. The Latin Reggae trend is dead that was basically popular because of an artist like "Sean Paul" being popular. I think the whole music scene is in transistion I mean Hip-Hop is turning into a joke right now. Yeah "Dance" is big with "Timbaland".

Written By: Timm on 01/17/08 at 1:00 pm

You have to remember, music has broadened alot in the last 20+ years.

What was once rock is not divided into half a dozen categories, as is pop, etc.

At one time there was, Rock, Country, Pop. That was about it, now almost every style has it's own label, as well as many bands fit into more than one style.

And this is why I choose to like or dislike a bands music base don the music rather than the "category" they are placed in or associated with.

I like mostly rock, heavy metal, some thrash, some country, some rap, some hiphop, some classical, some R&B, some jazz, some bluegrass, etc.

Try to be a pioneer, not a lemming. Don't choose to dis something because the "popular" crowd says it sucks, chances are, when they are at home behind closed doors, they are listening to it themselves.

Written By: default09 on 01/17/08 at 8:21 pm

I don't mind rock. I just can't stand the most hardcore stuff.

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/08 at 1:43 am

I remember there was some guest who posted under the name rock music.  He was pretty harsh, so do I hate rock music?  Yes ;D

Written By: midnite on 01/18/08 at 6:33 pm

Yeah, i cant stand straight boring run-of-the-mill pop rock.  It is boring, lame and all sounds the same.  Is it me or do all of Nickelback's songs sound the same.  Yuck!

In the rock vein, Alternative (in its various reincarnations) is pretty good.  They use differnt types of sounds and instruments.

Of course I enjoy other non-rock types of music as well - anything but country really.

Check for new replies or respond here...