inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: End times near...Colorado talks of teens expecting to get time off! DETER,DETER

Written By: saver on 01/08/08 at 10:47 pm

Yep, we're nearing end times....Colorado talks of permitting teen girls in school get 4 weeks off after having babies..

Soooo wrong...why...(1) the guy will need to get 4 weeks off equally, (2)guy will figure...if he gets 4 more girls knocked up, HE gets the school YEAR off...(3)if you're pregos in high school, you don't give a darn about class work,(4)I wouldn't want to sit next toone when they start getting morning sickness in my first class as they barf away and disturb my studies..(4) do what they do in the 50's SEND THEM TO SCHOOLS DESIGNED FOR TEENS HAVING KIDS,(5)Next we might want to give them parking spots for priveleged cases, Finaly,(6)If you don't give them time off,as they have to return to school 3 or 4 days later, others can see how down and out of it the situation made them and will not want to even go through what they are going through...deter, deter!   

Subject: Re: End times near...Colorado talks of teens expecting to get time off! DETER,DE

Written By: limblifter on 01/09/08 at 3:31 am

DEITER, DEITER!

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5442/deitervr9.th.jpg

Subject: Re: End times near...Colorado talks of teens expecting to get time off! DETER,DE

Written By: Gis on 01/09/08 at 5:52 am

What is your obsession with teenage pregnancy?

Written By: danootaandme on 01/09/08 at 6:30 am

He does seem to have a thing about people under, say 18, or so, and all of it is negative.  Hmmmmmm.  ???

Written By: Jessica on 01/09/08 at 10:10 am

DEITER, DEITER!

Karma. ;D

He does seem to have a thing about people under, say 18, or so, and all of it is negative.  Hmmmmmm.   ???

Maybe he was hated as a teenager or something.

Subject: Re: End times near...more crazy talk of teen pregnancy! DEE DEE DEE!

Written By: Midas on 01/09/08 at 10:19 am

(2)guy will figure...if he gets 4 more girls knocked up, HE gets the school YEAR off...

4 x 5 = 20.  Kids only go to school for 20 weeks out of a year?  ???  This explains a lot...

Written By: Jessica on 01/09/08 at 10:23 am

4 x 5 = 20.  Kids only go to school for 20 weeks out of a year?  ???  This explains a lot...

Damn, we got gypped then.

Subject: Re: End times near...Colorado talks of teens expecting to get time off! DETER,DETER

Written By: Tia on 01/09/08 at 10:25 am

i sure am glad the right wing is around to protect me from unwed teen mothers and welfare queens. they're basically terrorists!

Written By: saver on 01/09/08 at 12:19 pm

Every has something that just irks them when it keeps popping up in the news or their lioves and it must be presented for a reason, illegal immigration, homeless,gang violence..
Among them teen pregnancy..who winds up suffering from its irresponsibility? All the aid needed to give the one involved followed by having to stress explaining to others how to handle this when it should be a non-issue to begin with and yet it continues...

But if I'm preaching to the choir, I just put it out for discussion if something good can be brought up or move anyone to participate in the cause to help get word out to their family and friends to keep(young ones) them on track.

Written By: saver on 01/09/08 at 12:23 pm

You don't think they'll let you keep attending if you already have most of the year off do you?
4x5=Sept.,Oct,Nov.Dec.Jan.Feb.

Written By: Midas on 01/09/08 at 2:49 pm

You don't think they'll let you keep attending if you already have most of the year off do you?
4x5=Sept.,Oct,Nov.Dec.Jan.Feb.

No, but I also don't think they'll give the guy the same 4 weeks off.  Back when I went to school, 20 days of absences usually meant you'll wind up repeating that grade.

Subject: Re: End times near...Colorado talks of teens expecting to get time off! DETER,DETER

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/09/08 at 3:03 pm

My grandma was a teenage mom.  She never went to school.

I think my mom and aunts and uncles turned out okay though :D

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/09/08 at 3:22 pm

Yep, we're nearing end times....Colorado talks of permitting teen girls in school get 4 weeks off after having babies..

Soooo wrong...why...(1) the guy will need to get 4 weeks off equally, (2)guy will figure...if he gets 4 more girls knocked up, HE gets the school YEAR off...(3)if you're pregos in high school, you don't give a darn about class work,(4)I wouldn't want to sit next toone when they start getting morning sickness in my first class as they barf away and disturb my studies..(4) do what they do in the 50's SEND THEM TO SCHOOLS DESIGNED FOR TEENS HAVING KIDS,(5)Next we might want to give them parking spots for priveleged cases, Finaly,(6)If you don't give them time off,as they have to return to school 3 or 4 days later, others can see how down and out of it the situation made them and will not want to even go through what they are going through...deter, deter!   

Spell checker and link to this outrageous news? Very UNDERRATED!

Written By: Jessica on 01/09/08 at 3:24 pm

After reading this article, I have decided that, once again, you have no effin' clue what you are talking about. But that's okay, keep posting. I need to be entertained.

Spell checker and link to this outrageous news? Very UNDERRATED!

I put a link to the article I found up above. It's very different from the grammatically incorrect tirade saver posted.

Written By: saver on 01/09/08 at 4:20 pm

After reading this article, I have decided that, once again, you have no effin' clue what you are talking about. But that's okay, keep posting. I need to be entertained.

I put a link to the article I found up above. It's very different from the grammatically incorrect tirade saver posted.

Let's see what you're reading?

Pregnant students in a Denver high school are asking for at least four weeks of maternity leave so they can heal, bond with their newborns and not be penalized with unexcused absences.

The request is unusual in Colorado's public schools, where districts tend to deal with pregnant students or new moms with specialized programs or individualized education plans.

Denver Public Schools has no districtwide policy, leaving it up to schools to work out plans for students to continue their education.

Two counselors from East High School approached the school board last month, saying the policy at their school is unfair and inconsiderate because it forces new moms to return to school the day after being discharged from the hospital or face being charged with unexcused absences.

"My initial reaction is if we are punishing girls like that, that is unacceptable," said Nicole Head, one of the counselors who brought the matter to the school board last month. "We've got to do something."

East High School administrators could not be reached for comment over the winter break, but district officials say they are reviewing the policy on absences to make it "friendlier" to new moms, said DPS spokesman Alex Sanchez

NO CLUE?(Here's the first part of the story to begin with..)
Other than saying they WILL implement the time off...It gives the thought for consideration to give them time off...lists what the current procedure is and that it's punising the girls by only giving them 3-4 days off...

So far my 'cluelessness' addrssed the thoughts put forth afterward...

Are you a seeing/reading something I didn't say? I miss your point of 'cluelessness'

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/09/08 at 4:26 pm

It sounds like the district won't give them the full 3-4 weeks but will relax the penalties for absences. 

Written By: Jessica on 01/09/08 at 4:36 pm

NO CLUE?(Here's the first part of the story to begin with..)
Other than saying they WILL implement the time off...It gives the thought for consideration to give them time off...lists what the current procedure is and that it's punising the girls by only giving them 3-4 days off...

So far my 'cluelessness' addrssed the thoughts put forth afterward...

Are you a seeing/reading something I didn't say? I miss your point of 'cluelessness'

In your original post, you did not address one goddamned thing that was in the article I read, except for the part about them getting a month off. The rest of your post was a jumble of words amounting to nothing more than a thinly veiled tirade about teenage mothers being the devil because, OMG, they made a mistake! THAT'S why you are clueless.

Written By: Midas on 01/09/08 at 4:41 pm

Every has something that just irks them when it keeps popping up in the news or their lioves and it must be presented for a reason, illegal immigration, homeless,gang violence..
Among them teen pregnancy...

If it irks you that much, how 'bout changing the channel or skipping over the article?   Deter, Deter! :D

Written By: Jessica on 01/09/08 at 4:43 pm

If it irks you that much, how 'bout changing the channel or skipping over the article?   Deter, Deter! :D

No no, it's:

DEITER, DEITER!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/09/08 at 4:45 pm

4 weeks actually doesn't sound unreasonable, I think they just need a happy medium, like excuse the mothers for the 4 weeks, but have them do a bit of independent study such that when they return to school, they can get that grade pro-rated into their final grade and they don't miss that much.

If you think about it, most jobs give new mothers 4-6 weeks of maternity leave, and in some ways, even high school is a full time job...so yeah, still reasonable, but don't let them off too easy, they still have to lrn 2 sbel.

Written By: Midas on 01/09/08 at 4:47 pm

No no, it's:

DEITER, DEITER!

Nipple tw33k0rs iz the h0tn3ss...  :D

Written By: saver on 01/09/08 at 6:34 pm

No no, it's:

Hmmm nice idea, and let's not look when others abuse OUR economy 'sneaking' into the country to claim benefits, or let's let them druggies take whatever they want, they aren't bothering anyone-except when they grab someones purse ot tip jar to supply their fixes...I guess I can look away from that and any other blatant smacks to the face of striving a decent society....but I WON'T BECOME A (let's give problems anything they need to enable such behavior further),LIBERAL....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/09/08 at 8:52 pm

Among them teen pregnancy..who winds up suffering from its irresponsibility? All the aid needed to give the one involved followed by having to stress explaining to others how to handle this when it should be a non-issue to begin with and yet it continues...

But if I'm preaching to the choir, I just put it out for discussion if something good can be brought up or move anyone to participate in the cause to help get word out to their family and friends to keep(young ones) them on track.

If you want to spit on people, then spit on people, but don't try and tell me you're doing it because deep down you're a decent guy who really cares.  That's what all the talk radio bigots do.  It's my guess you have a major hang-up about sex like a psychological itch you can't scratch and you'd be better off confronting that than launching Bill O'Reilly-esque screeds against teenage parents.
::)

I'd engage you in this debate, but I think discussions of this sort belong on the politics board; what's more, I also think you're merely sublimating your own sexual frustration so discussion is pointless.

Written By: Jessica on 01/09/08 at 9:01 pm

Hmmm nice idea, and let's not look when others abuse OUR economy 'sneaking' into the country to claim benefits, or let's let them druggies take whatever they want, they aren't bothering anyone-except when they grab someones purse ot tip jar to supply their fixes...I guess I can look away from that and any other blatant smacks to the face of striving a decent society....but I WON'T BECOME A (let's give problems anything they need to enable such behavior further),LIBERAL....

I'm really trying to figure out what illegal aliens, drug addicts, and tip jars have to do with teenage pregnancy. ???

Written By: Dagwood on 01/09/08 at 9:03 pm

Some teenage, drug addicted, illegal aliens who steal tip jars are pregnant? ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/09/08 at 9:05 pm

^
^

Sounds like the makings for a John Waters movie!

Written By: Jessica on 01/09/08 at 9:07 pm

Some teenage, drug addicted, illegal aliens who steal tip jars are pregnant? ;)

;D

^
^

Sounds like the makings for a John Waters movie!

Dang....Hairspray 2. And I'm talking about the original, 1980s, Ricki Lake/Deborah Harry movie. :D

Written By: saver on 01/09/08 at 10:47 pm

If you want to spit on people, then spit on people, but don't try and tell me you're doing it because deep down you're a decent guy who really cares.  That's what all the talk radio bigots do.  It's my guess you have a major hang-up about sex like a psychological itch you can't scratch and you'd be better off confronting that than launching Bill O'Reilly-esque screeds against teenage parents.

I'd engage you in this debate, but I think discussions of this sort belong on the politics board; what's more, I also think you're merely sublimating your own sexual frustration so discussion is pointless.

This has nothing to do with politics, it is being commented on because it's news which comes up every once and awhile....YES in fact I am a decent guy.

Sexual itch...yeah, I wish I had kids at an early age- before my darn suburban, caring parents, school that gave me a decent education, books that found their way to me, decent friends, and some luck using my common sense,took that urge away from me.

I can look in the mirror and say hey, I was pretty lucky to get passed that stage, without spitting on people who didn't have that benefit....am I some SUPER student for doing this?
NO. The opportunity was there to give me all the reasons NOT to go overboard making such a serious mistake that would possibly ruin my future career chances,and I'm talking to anyone who can make a difference to another by using this forum to keep it in mind...I am a problem solver, no time to point fingers,I want people to think and if they new of someone in this potential situation, to help it before it gets out of hand, (if anyone out there has access to a youth group of sorts), help by bringing this up and helping at least one person to think.

There is no debate about that or why I originally commented on the story(yes, it was a subject I picked up on talk radio..fingerpointing etc),but lightly wanted to bring up how-if they're going to have this type of system installed, be fair to the guy as well, and look how out of hand it can get.

The point was made. Then it advanced into others comparing themselves and their families and how they would handle it and maybe someone has a debate whether it is good idea to consider ...I wouldn't waste time talking about 'they should have'..it's over they did what they did. How can these unplanned events be lowered? I made my comments. 

Written By: Gis on 01/10/08 at 5:41 am

So in the last few weeks you have raised the issue of teenage pregnancy again and again. We have all given our views and comments, most of which you disagree with. So how about you leave the issue alone now? Move on to something else

Oh and if those are your ideas of problem solving all I can say is dear god.   

Written By: Tam on 01/10/08 at 10:15 am

Isn't the one who suffers from this irresponsibility the mother who ended up pregnant?

Is there no compassion in the world anymore? I mean, seriously?

I went to high school with several girls who were pregnant. Not once do I remember them disrupting my studies, or barfing in class. Many of them graduated the exact same time as I did. I don't remember my best friend walking around the school thinking to herself that she did this to disrupt everyone else's lives! As a matter of fact, she walked around pissed at HERSELF for the situation she got into, but she also knew her responsibilities.

I think the only thing that bothers people is the fact they THEY have to look at the possibly unwed, single teenage mom. This isn't anything new. Teenage pregnancy has been around for years, years before I was born, shoot, probably even years before our oldest member here was born.

This maternity leave idea (IMHO) is a good move. It keeps the teen in school, it doesn't segregate them or blackball them by sending them to another school.

Another thing to look at - 50% of the time these teenage pregnancies go unnoticed, until about the 7th month or so. How many doctors appointments have been missed? Is the baby healthy? Has there been ultrasound's? Then you run into the mother having to go weekly for appts she has missed, possible complications etc.

Don't get it twisted - I am not promoting teenage pregnancy, but it happens and if it happens then that child needs to be looked out for even before it enters the world.

Just my humble opinion.

Written By: Tia on 01/10/08 at 10:28 am

i wonder about this a lot lately.

Written By: Jessica on 01/10/08 at 10:30 am

i wonder about this a lot lately.

I know I do. I saw no compassion from some people we were hanging with on Christmas Eve when we were passing by homeless people. Now that I think about it, I should have walked away from them and their negativity.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/10/08 at 12:15 pm

saver, I really think you need to run for public office. Your insights and logic sound very much like someone else we know-a certain "compassionate conservative" not mention many others in the Republican party and the radio/tv talking heads. The Republican party really needs someone like you to get their message out.

Cat

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/10/08 at 5:06 pm

Isn't the one who suffers from this irresponsibility the mother who ended up pregnant?

I went to high school with several girls who were pregnant. Not once do I remember them disrupting my studies, or barfing in class. Many of them graduated the exact same time as I did. I don't remember my best friend walking around the school thinking to herself that she did this to disrupt everyone else's lives! As a matter of fact, she walked around pissed at HERSELF for the situation she got into, but she also knew her responsibilities.

I think the only thing that bothers people is the fact they THEY have to look at the possibly unwed, single teenage mom. This isn't anything new. Teenage pregnancy has been around for years, years before I was born, shoot, probably even years before our oldest member here was born.

This maternity leave idea (IMHO) is a good move. It keeps the teen in school, it doesn't segregate them or blackball them by sending them to another school.

Another thing to look at - 50% of the time these teenage pregnancies go unnoticed, until about the 7th month or so. How many doctors appointments have been missed? Is the baby healthy? Has there been ultrasound's? Then you run into the mother having to go weekly for appts she has missed, possible complications etc.

Don't get it twisted - I am not promoting teenage pregnancy, but it happens and if it happens then that child needs to be looked out for even before it enters the world.

Just my humble opinion.

ALL you said i AGREE 8)

Written By: saver on 01/10/08 at 6:37 pm

So in the last few weeks you have raised the issue of teenage pregnancy again and again. We have all given our views and comments, most of which you disagree with. So how about you leave the issue alone now? Move on to something else

Oh and if those are your ideas of problem solving all I can say is dear god.   

Thanks Cat for the suggestion..it has been mentioned before to go into law or politics but I dread both subjects BUT ave a lot to say when things look askew and I open the discussion to the suggested choices.

Others,
I also comment on UFO's,illegal immigration, and crazy things people do, I may probably have the same opinion on the news postings that come up on these subjects, so at the risk of repeating myself, I guess I will pass up the additional posts if that's what you are saying.

I happened to hear a rather 'witty' fellow speak years ago by the name of Sam Kinnison....He started as a preacher but was dismayed from all the kooks and fanatics out there but he had underlying messages to emote in his stand-up comedy career,it sounded like crackpot humor, but when you peeled that onion, you would find profound truth to the message:
People dying of thirst living in the desert...MOVE, GO TO A TOWN WITH WATER FOR GODSAKE! I would love to hear his take on issues brought up here,sorry you got pregnant, did some angel just come down and bless you???Oh, someone helped, and how did you know how to do it? You read a book? Did you read the next chapter about taking care of the kid for the REST OF YOUR LIFFEE! 

Not living by all quotes from comedians , but I do believe in truth and justice and that's my stance. Until the next juicy subject.....(not teen pregancy or religion)...     

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 01/11/08 at 5:04 pm

It's my guess you have a major hang-up about sex

I also think you're merely sublimating your own sexual frustration
Bingo!

We have a winner.....

Written By: saver on 01/11/08 at 7:17 pm

Bingo!

We have a winner.....

Sorry, see above comment....I'm just a curmudgeon at large and call it as I see it... :-\\

Some stop , look and learn earlier than others I guess and that's how it will always be,but hopefully change for the smarter action to be taken.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/11/08 at 7:40 pm

Bingo!

We have a winner.....

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pfiade.gif

There is the school of right-wing thought that says if you give these young women maternity leave from school it incentivizes 15-year-olds to get pregnant.  Same mentality says if you give addicts treatment instead incarceration, you're encouraging people to get on dope. 

Another thing that ticks me off is the way people assume a pregnant teenager is a slut.  Do you know the circumstances?  Many of them didn't ask for it. 

And if "life" (as in fetus) is so precious to you conservatives, shouldn't you support every measure that would encourage a woman to "choose life" rather than seek an abortion?

^That's a rhetorical question.

Deter?  What shall we deter?

Written By: saver on 01/11/08 at 10:03 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pfiade.gif

Written By: Tam on 01/14/08 at 7:41 pm

^ quote removed as Max already edited himself, no need for repost several hours later other than to incite...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/08 at 8:05 pm

^ I don't even remember what I edited.  Sometimes I tone down my rhetoric to keep tempers at a simmer.  It's a sad sight to see the little padlock symbol next to a thread.
:(

Written By: Tam on 01/15/08 at 8:38 am

^ I don't even remember what I edited.  Sometimes I tone down my rhetoric to keep tempers at a simmer.  It's a sad sight to see the little padlock symbol next to a thread.
:(

It's cool Max. I read it and didn't think it was all that bad, but you edited yourself so I figured there was reason for it. I chose to delete what was quoted because you did the edit 3 minutes after the original post, and the only reason I found for it to be quoted was to try and make you look like an ass. *I* don't approve of that tactic. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...