inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Please help me find a song

Written By: stric9 on 01/09/08 at 9:42 pm

I can't tell you much about the song. All I remember is it came out around 2002, and the band was an acoustic rock band.
The song played on the radio, went pretty for on the  charts, but I believe it was the bands only hit. I know its not much to work on.

Subject: Re: Please help me find a song

Written By: Red Ant on 01/09/08 at 9:57 pm

I can't tell you much about the song. All I remember is it came out around 2002, and the band was an acoustic rock band.
The song played on the radio, went pretty for on the  charts, but I believe it was the bands only hit. I know its not much to work on.

What country/area did you hear it in? Also, any lyrics at all would help. Is the singer male or female? Was there any harmonizing in the song? There were probably tons of one hit wonder bands from 2001-2003.

Ant

Written By: stric9 on 01/09/08 at 10:50 pm

I'm sorry I don't remember much about the song. It was an american song from a male group the was billed as acoustic. The chorus
had a hook to it The band sound I guess close to nickelback with a little shinedown thrown in. between 2000 2002 was when I remember hearing it. Sorry I know its not much to go on. My friends and I used to listen to it all the time, but know they don't remember it they think I'm crazy.

Written By: Red Ant on 01/09/08 at 10:55 pm

I'm sorry I don't remember much about the song. It was an american song from a male group the was billed as acoustic. The chorus
had a hook to it The band sound I guess close to nickelback with a little shinedown thrown in. between 2000 2002 was when I remember hearing it. Sorry I know its not much to go on. My friends and I used to listen to it all the time, but know they don't remember it they think I'm crazy.

The only thing I remember that sounds like Nickelback from ~ 2002 that is also is acoustic and was a big hit is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxSVI8rmlCU

Is that it?

Ant

Written By: stric9 on 01/09/08 at 11:10 pm

No sorry that is not it. Again the song may have came out between 2000 and 2003. It's harder then the song you listed. They really
didin't sound acoustic thats just how they were billed. To me they may have used acoustic instruments but they were heavily amped. Funny thing is I remember even learning the song on the guitar, and still can't remember what the song was or how to play it. It may not have been that great of a song after all.

Written By: Brian06 on 01/09/08 at 11:12 pm

No sorry that is not it. Again the song may have came out between 2000 and 2003. It's harder then the song you listed. They really
didin't sound acoustic thats just how they were billed. To me they may have used acoustic instruments but they were heavily amped. Funny thing is I remember even learning the song on the guitar, and still can't remember what the song was or how to play it. It may not have been that great of a song after all.

Wherever You Will Go by The Calling maybe?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G9w2QUAjgEA

Written By: stric9 on 01/09/08 at 11:34 pm

These guys was suppose to be acoustic, and its still not heavy enough. My friends think I just made the song up. Thanks so much for your help.

Written By: Gis on 01/10/08 at 5:43 am

Could it be someone like Stained?

Written By: stric9 on 01/10/08 at 7:31 am

I used to think it was staind also, but I dont think these guys had many hits. I believe the song I'm looking for was there only hit.

Written By: Brian06 on 01/10/08 at 7:58 am

Wasting My Time by Default?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj1vXf44SeA

Written By: stric9 on 01/10/08 at 11:03 am

Think of the music of nickelback with acoustic,and the vocals of shinedown ,and thats pretty much the sound of this band. I believe it could be a waste of time. Some songs play more in areas than others. Thanks for everyones help. I guess its just lost.Great site by the way.

Written By: jmebonner on 01/11/08 at 6:21 pm

Doesn't remind me of Nickelback or Shinedown (greatest band right now, imo) but, maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYPxKZSDErA

Written By: Blackjack on 01/11/08 at 8:44 pm

Probably by Nickelback, Lifehouse, or the Calling. Or it might be by Sum 41.

Check for new replies or respond here...