inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Most popular genre of music for youth culture in 2008?

Written By: Blackjack on 01/16/08 at 6:41 pm

I'll say pop.

Subject: Re: Most popular genre of music for youth culture in 2008?

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/16/08 at 6:54 pm

Well, duh. Of course I'm gonna say pop too. Pop is short for "popular", so generally that would be the most popular genre.  ::)

But of course, "Pop" is not a style of music, but a generic term for anything considered popular. So anything from Britney Spears to Kayne West to Nickelback is pop.

Written By: Blackjack on 01/16/08 at 6:59 pm

Well, duh. Of course I'm gonna say pop too. Pop is short for "popular", so generally that would be the most popular genre.  ::)

But of course, "Pop" is not a style of music, but a generic term for anything considered popular. So anything from Britney Spears to Kayne West to Nickelback is pop.

The pop that I'm talking about is like Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake, Tiffany Evans, *NSYNC, Nelly, Hilary Duff, Kelly Clarkson.. most of them I mention are crossed with R&B and hip-hop or some latin-reggae sh** these days.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/16/08 at 7:24 pm

I'll say pop.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sign10.gif

Oh, I thought the 14th century motet was gonna be the hot number next year!

Written By: tv on 01/17/08 at 11:32 am

Probably stuff like A/C pop that is going on now will define 2008 like "Sara Barillies" and "Colbie Callait". One good thing I'll like from the 2008 music scene is the ringtone rap stuff which I don't like is dying I think.

Check for new replies or respond here...