inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Time Warner Contemplates Billing on Bandwidth

Written By: skittlesking on 01/17/08 at 3:30 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080117/media_nm/timewarner_internet_dc

I'm only posting this because I think it's assinine. . .I will be switching services myself if they do this. . .wanted to see what others thought.

Subject: Re: Time Warner Contemplates Billing on Bandwidth

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/17/08 at 3:47 pm

I don't use Time-Warner, but AT&T Yahoo! DSL and it appears they may also follow suit :0( Well, I believe I'm on a low ranking of using up bandwidth, as I don't do online gaming, video watching or downloading too often.

Written By: Jessica on 01/17/08 at 4:03 pm

I think it depends on how much they're going to charge and if they're going to screw the people over who don't use it for such bandwidth hogging things. Then again, we're talking about Time-Warner here. I've only heard crappy things about them.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/17/08 at 6:23 pm

Well...they're corporations, so their goal is to squeeze as much cash out of the consumer while providing the crummiest service possible.  You know, the old race to the bottom!  Anybody who's ever used MSN knows what I'm talking about. 
::)

Written By: Jessica on 01/17/08 at 6:30 pm

Well...they're corporations, so their goal is to squeeze as much cash out of the consumer while providing the crummiest service possible.  You know, the old race to the bottom!  Anybody who's ever used MSN knows what I'm talking about. 
::)

Yup. 8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/17/08 at 6:34 pm

Yup. 8-P

Made me kick my computer, my hard drive said, "Hey, don't shoot the messenger!"
:D

I should say "provide the cheapest service possible," which is generally crummy.

Check for new replies or respond here...