inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Facebook.

Written By: holicman on 01/20/08 at 11:31 pm

Anybody on it ??

What are your thoughts on this latest internet craze ?

Subject: Re: Facebook.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/20/08 at 11:47 pm

I had a Facebook. But got bored shortly after making it and setting it up. Then I returned to Myspace.

Written By: whistledog on 01/20/08 at 11:51 pm

I have a Facebook, but I don't use it hardly at all.  I'm more of a MySpace fan, but I don't hardly use that much anymore either :-\\

Written By: ?????????????????????? on 01/21/08 at 4:52 pm

Fun Fact: Both sites were created in the 90's!

Written By: whistledog on 01/21/08 at 4:52 pm

When will you be created as a member and not a guest?

Written By: McDonald on 01/23/08 at 7:43 pm

I have both Myspace and Facebook. I use both, but I definitely use Facebook way more. I think it's because I (and all my friends) are in university, and that's where Facebook really has its base. It seems like every university student in Canada is on Facebook.

I use my myspace only to keep in touch with those friends and relatives I have who don't like or don't have Facebook. I'm versatile. The main goal is to keep in touch.

Written By: karen on 01/23/08 at 10:01 pm

I have a Facebook page

Written By: snozberries on 01/24/08 at 1:15 am

I have both but I don't understand facebook so I go with the more user friendly -idiot proof myspace.

Written By: robby76 on 01/24/08 at 7:51 am

I use myspace for my "internet friends" and facebook for my real friends.

Facebook has brought together so many of my old friends from all stages of my life - I can't thank it more! It truly is unbelievable global networking!

Written By: Kyle23 on 06/08/09 at 8:28 am

I use myspace for my "internet friends" and facebook for my real friends.

Facebook has brought together so many of my old friends from all stages of my life - I can't thank it more! It truly is unbelievable global networking!

Same as you...I use Facebook for my real friends and myspace for my "internet friends"...most of my real friends don't use MySpace anymore unless they are about 13-16 years old.  I think MySpace is great for listening to music...I don't have to buy albums because of MySpace, but I still like the feeling of a CD in my CD player that I bought.  I just like reading the little info books the artist has. Most of the time, it is Facebook.

Written By: Kyle23 on 06/08/09 at 8:30 am

I think I remember a MySpace.com about 2000...it was way different than it was today.  But Facebook, never heard of it.  But I was only about 8-9 years old and I used the internet at the library.

Written By: SoulAsylum on 06/08/09 at 11:31 am

Facebook has been a very liberating experience for me.  It's a way for people to learn about you, if you post a lot of information about yourself, like I do. 

Facebook really helped me to learn just how judgemental some people truly are.  What's really funny to me is that there are people on my facebook friends list that I know don't like me, yet they won't delete me off of there friends list.  The easy answer is, then delete them, but I'm sure if I'm right or not.

Ah, facebook, neat thing.

Written By: 90steen on 06/08/09 at 8:42 pm

Facebook is a really good site to talk to friends you grew up with who you don't see as much anymore.

My sister and my best friend (married) live down in South Pasadena, CA now, along with my nieces and my nephew. Not very often I get to see them now considering it's about a 6 hour drive away from me. They were people I literally saw every single day of my life from the day I was born until... eh a few years ago. That's why I don't diss how much the internet is used and depended on because I am thankful for facebook.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/08/09 at 8:51 pm

Let's not forget Twitter.

Tweet ! Tweet !

Written By: whistledog on 06/09/09 at 10:27 pm

And thus

ICQ begot Friendster

Friendster begot Myspace

Myspace begot Facebook

Facebook begot Twitter

Friendster.  Forgot about that one lol

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/09/09 at 11:37 pm

I finally joined this spring, but the charm is already wearing off.  I'm running into people I haven't seen since high school, and elementary school in some cases, and I'm just not sure I wanna share my adult life with some of these people who didn't even really like me when I was a kid.
::)

Written By: 80sfan on 06/10/09 at 1:04 am

I finally joined this spring, but the charm is already wearing off.  I'm running into people I haven't seen since high school, and elementary school in some cases, and I'm just not sure I wanna share my adult life with some of these people who didn't even really like me when I was a kid.

Karamel for expressing what I feel sometimes about Facebook.

It's weird talking to people you haven't talked to in years or even a decade!

I think it's best to move on from those people and make new friends.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/10/09 at 12:37 pm

Am I the only person NOT on Facebook OR MySpace? Of course I'm not on Twitter either. I spend most of my time on a message board called Inthe00s. Ever heard of it? If anyone wants to know about me, that is where they can find out.

Cat

Written By: Marian on 06/10/09 at 5:40 pm

I'm here and on facebook.

Written By: snozberries on 06/10/09 at 8:38 pm

Am I the only person NOT on Facebook OR MySpace? Of course I'm not on Twitter either. I spend most of my time on a message board called Inthe00s. Ever heard of it? If anyone wants to know about me, that is where they can find out.

Cat

you and jeff....and even jeff is considering getting a facebook account.... I keep telling you you can make it private so only your friends see what you do there...plus, now they will allow you usernames so you can be catwomanofV instead of  :-X

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/10/09 at 9:01 pm

Karamel for expressing what I feel sometimes about Facebook.

It's weird talking to people you haven't talked to in years or even a decade!

I think it's best to move on from those people and make new friends.

In my case it's been 20 years with some, 25 with others, and in one case 30 years!

Written By: snozberries on 06/11/09 at 9:30 am

Wait a minute, are you talking about Facebook? I know Myspace allows you a username to protect privacy which is why I'm there and not Facebook. All of my friends and classmates are on Facebook but they insist on identifying your name which is why I left. To me FB is just a huge data mining site. They (and apparently Twitter according to Wikipedia) see you info as corporate property to be bought and sold.

the user name thing is coming to facebook soon... like sometime this month...

Written By: Midas on 06/11/09 at 9:34 am

Like tomorrow at 9:10 am or pm or something.  :D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/11/09 at 9:36 am

Delete them. 

I wouldn't be friends with someone if I didn't like them, you know?

You should friend me.  :)

Written By: karen on 06/11/09 at 9:36 am

I think it's Saturday morning (minute past midnight)

Written By: snozberries on 06/11/09 at 9:37 am

yeah...like I said....this month  ::)

;)

;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/11/09 at 9:38 am

I think it's Saturday morning (minute past midnight)

which is also part of this month  :P

:D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/11/09 at 12:23 pm

I heard something that if you upload your photos to Facebook, the photos then belong to THEM-even if you take them down. That is just totally WRONG!!!!

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/11/09 at 1:42 pm

If that is the case then I MIGHT join for one reason and one reason only, to spy check out what my nieces & nephews are up to.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 06/11/09 at 8:55 pm

Yay! I sure hope you're right!

from facebook.....

Soon you will be able to have a username
Starting on Friday, June 12th, at 9:01pm, you'll be able to choose a username for your Facebook account to easily direct friends, family, and coworkers to your profile.
Check out the Facebook Blog for more information or send yourself an email with the details.

Written By: snozberries on 06/11/09 at 8:55 pm

If that is the case then I MIGHT join for one reason and one reason only, to spy check out what my nieces & nephews are up to.

Cat

because they won't know who catwomanofV is?

Written By: karen on 06/11/09 at 9:12 pm

from facebook.....

Soon you will be able to have a username
Starting on Friday, June 12th, at 9:01pm, you'll be able to choose a username for your Facebook account to easily direct friends, family, and coworkers to your profile.
Check out the Facebook Blog for more information or send yourself an email with the details.

I was going to say they're phasing it in because mine is

"Starting on 13 June, at 00:01, you'll be able to choose a username for your Facebook account to easily direct friends, family, and coworkers to your profile."

But then I realised it's all at the same time - just different time zones!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/11/09 at 9:14 pm

I heard something that if you upload your photos to Facebook, the photos then belong to THEM-even if you take them down. That is just totally WRONG!!!!

Cat

Yeah, I think that's general protocol on social networking sites.   So the pics you have of yourself as the Human Margarita in Cancun, probably better leave those off!  
8)

In general, if you wouldn't post it on a billboard on the interstate, don't post it on the Internet.  That would be my rule of thumb.

Written By: barefootrobin on 06/11/09 at 9:30 pm

You don't have to use your real name at all never did for Facebook.  I have friends that didn't want exes and other unsavoury types to even know they were still alive so they signed up under alias names.

I opened an account under the name Madge Lebouviac, used a picture of some sassy old broad I found on the internet, created a fake bio (retired army nurse) friend requested every 20something I could find (found on club group sites) they almost always accept - and doled out really funny bizarre advice (ask Madge) I got bored of after about a year and shut her down.

My dogs both have accounts to facilitate some games I play.

So I find the username feature rather boring although I admit I haven't really checked it out yet, seems redundant I guess is maybe my point.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/11/09 at 10:06 pm

You don't have to use your real name at all never did for Facebook.  I have friends that didn't want exes and other unsavoury types to even know they were still alive so they signed up under alias names.

I opened an account under the name Madge Lebouviac, used a picture of some sassy old broad I found on the internet, created a fake bio (retired army nurse) friend requested every 20something I could find (found on club group sites) they almost always accept - and doled out really funny bizarre advice (ask Madge) I got bored of after about a year and shut her down.

So I find the username feature rather boring although I admit I haven't really checked it out yet, seems redundant I guess is maybe my point.

That's a great handle, though!  Sounds like something out of Tennessee Williams!
;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/12/09 at 12:15 pm

because they won't know who catwomanofV is?

They DO know. However, there are a few people on this board who have been BEGGING me to join Facebook (I don't think I need to tell you who  ;) ). If they add me to their "friends" list and have others who I don't want to know, they may put two & two together. Ok, so I am totally paranoid.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 06/12/09 at 8:54 pm

They DO know. However, there are a few people on this board who have been BEGGING me to join Facebook (I don't think I need to tell you who  ;) ). If they add me to their "friends" list and have others who I don't want to know, they may put two & two together. Ok, so I am totally paranoid.

Cat

apparently so....but now it doesn't mattter so go get a facebook account already!

Written By: snozberries on 06/12/09 at 8:55 pm

think of all the pictures you can pimp there as well .... and people will comment! I know I will  :)

Written By: Marian on 06/13/09 at 1:22 pm

I saw someone named Dorkus McNerdington on it.I think it's an alias.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/13/09 at 2:05 pm

think of all the pictures you can pimp there as well .... and people will comment! I know I will  :)

Never! Like I said in a previous post-whatever photos you upload to Facebook, Facebook owns even if you take them down. My photos are just that-MINE! I will NOT handover copyrights to Facebook!

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 06/13/09 at 2:05 pm

Never! Like I said in a previous post-whatever photos you upload to Facebook, Facebook owns even if you take them down. My photos are just that-MINE! I will NOT handover copyrights to Facebook!

Cat

oh yeah

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/13/09 at 3:48 pm

Well a few good facebook aliases might be:

Phil McCrackin
Mike Hunt
Major Woody
Dick Trickle
Hotten Harhrd

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/02/09 at 11:31 am

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/uc/20090630/lnq090630.gif

Cat

Written By: nally on 07/02/09 at 11:53 am

I just registered a week and a half ago. It's great!

Now I know what kinds of crazy lives my friends have. :D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/02/09 at 1:39 pm

I saw someone named Dorkus McNerdington on it.I think it's an alias.

Either that or that person's parents really didn't want children afterall.  ;) ;D

I wish I had been smarter when I signed up, it had never actually occurred to me to use an alias (not that I'd actually know what to call myself).  Jane Doe was already taken by the time I got around to changing my user name.  :(

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/02/09 at 6:55 pm

I just registered a week and a half ago. It's great!

Now I know what kinds of crazy lives my friends have. :D

I'm gonna find you!

Written By: whistledog on 07/02/09 at 7:58 pm

Well a few good facebook aliases might be:

Phil McCrackin
Mike Hunt
Major Woody
Dick Trickle
Hotten Harhrd

Mike Rotchburns

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/02/09 at 8:39 pm

Mike Rotchburns

Dick Hertz

Written By: nally on 07/02/09 at 11:18 pm

I'm gonna find you!

And I just got your notification. Thanks!!! And to the others who've sent me requests! :) O0

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/13/09 at 4:27 pm

Stojic rules!

Written By: snozberries on 08/13/09 at 6:51 pm

Stojic rules!

you faker

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/13/09 at 6:58 pm

you faker
I never fake it  ;D  it's only the me you never knew  8)  I'll show you my drivers license

Written By: snozberries on 08/13/09 at 7:00 pm

I never fake it  ;D   it's only the me you never knew  8)   I'll show you my drivers license

over Nations sometime?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/13/09 at 7:05 pm

over Nations sometime?
YES!  but let's wait until they get this beef/salmonella recall thing all worked out and then we will feast

Written By: snozberries on 08/13/09 at 7:06 pm

YES!  but let's wait until they get this beef/salmonella recall thing all worked out and then we will feast

ah apparently I am out of the loop on this one... just cook your meat really well ... it'll be fine!  ;)

Written By: whistledog on 08/13/09 at 7:16 pm

Dick Hertz

Dick Gazinya

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/13/09 at 8:54 pm

Dick Gazinya

Anita Lay

Written By: whistledog on 08/13/09 at 9:10 pm

Anita Lay

Alex Blaine Layder

Written By: nally on 08/14/09 at 12:04 am

ah apparently I am out of the loop on this one... just cook your meat really well ... it'll be fine!  ;)

I was wondering who that person was!!

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/14/09 at 12:15 pm

You have Facebook?

I'll have to find you...unless I did.

I have Facebook too...and so does this webpage. Will inthe00s.com have Twitter?

Check for new replies or respond here...