inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rumor comes true..does 'snopes' know?

Written By: saver on 01/29/08 at 11:08 pm

What has seemed to be an old wives tale may have come true...

Yahoo News tells of workers in India offered jobs and then having their kidneys removed....

Bummer :-\\

Subject: Re: Rumor comes true..does 'snopes' know?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/30/08 at 8:22 am

What has seemed to be an old wives tale may have come true...

Yahoo News tells of workers in India offered jobs and then having their kidneys removed....

Bummer :-\\

um, where on Yahoo News?  Yahoo News runs all kinds of news sources, some of them are like the Weekly World News, but it looks like the AP unless you look closely...

Written By: Jessica on 01/30/08 at 9:44 am

um, where on Yahoo News?  Yahoo News runs all kinds of news sources, some of them are like the Weekly World News, but it looks like the AP unless you look closely...

I read it on CNN.

Here it is:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/01/29/india.transplant/index.html

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/30/08 at 11:21 am

I read it on CNN.

Here it is:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/01/29/india.transplant/index.html

damn that looks legit and scary... I'm sure Snopes will update this week.  Not the first time they've had to

Written By: Tia on 01/30/08 at 11:23 am

yeah, it's in today's washington post as well. so it appears to be legit. i wonder if it's a matter of the rumor creating the reality.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 11:27 am

I heard of organs being taken form political prisoners in China but this is new.  It's sad how people from poor areas are taken advantage of.  It's usually for the benefit of people who are in a better situation then they are. (If you can afford a kidney transplant you are better off)  Almost like saying poor people are expendable and should be used as a resource.  Talk about dehumanization. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...