inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Singer Spears taken to hospital again

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/31/08 at 4:01 am

Singer Britney Spears has been taken to hospital by ambulance from her home in Los Angeles, police have said.

Subject: Re: Singer Spears taken to hospital again

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/31/08 at 4:09 am

The lastest can be read here on BBC News Online.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/31/08 at 7:44 am

the girl needs some serious help...I'm afraid that if someone doesn't truly help her soon, it might be too late. I know she does some crazy azz stuff...but I really feel bad about how low she is in her life. It's not fun to be caught up in depression like that, believe me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/31/08 at 9:00 am

It is hard for her, she is in the public eye. If we were to fall into a form of depression we can hide away and not be noticed.

Written By: Jessica on 01/31/08 at 9:57 am

Usually I crack wise about her, but this is really unfortunate. SHE NEEDS HELP. Why the hell don't her "handlers" understand that? Car chases, pap chases, wandering around LA all night....none of it is normal. They need to intervene and get her the help she needs. And that guy, that Lufti or Lutfi or whatever the f**k his name is.....they need to get him the hell away from her. He's worse for her than her parents are. That pap guy she's supposedly in love with, too. Ugh, they all make me sick.

Jesus.

Written By: Red Ant on 01/31/08 at 10:09 am

I really wish Britney can get her life together. It would be good for her (and her kids) and me as well - then I wouldn't hear about her every single day. I swear the media wants to see her either come completely unglued or dead.

Ant

Written By: Jessica on 01/31/08 at 10:14 am

I really wish Britney can get her life together. It would be good for her (and her kids) and me as well - then I wouldn't hear about her every single day. I swear the media wants to see her either come completely unglued or dead.

Ant

The latter, I would think. A dead celebrity is apparently better than an unglued one. Unfortunately, in her mental state, she did encourage the paparazzi (that one dude that is supposedly her boyfriend now is a pap, and he has no problem selling her out ::)).

Written By: Marian on 01/31/08 at 12:38 pm

Now what? ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/31/08 at 7:19 pm

Now what? ???

Detain her until she gains a semblance of sanity then send her back to her mansion then when she goes barking mad all over again, repeat the process.
::)
That's how we handle mental health crises in this country whether you're Britney Speares or Joe Blow.

A percentage of the population will develop psychiatric illnesses as adults regardless of circumstances.  I think Brit's one of them.

Written By: snozberries on 01/31/08 at 8:35 pm

Usually I crack wise about her, but this is really unfortunate. SHE NEEDS HELP. Why the hell don't her "handlers" understand that? Car chases, pap chases, wandering around LA all night....none of it is normal. They need to intervene and get her the help she needs. And that guy, that Lufti or Lutfi or whatever the f**k his name is.....they need to get him the hell away from her. He's worse for her than her parents are. That pap guy she's supposedly in love with, too. Ugh, they all make me sick.

Jesus.

me too....

I also wish the media would just let it go...at some point they should develop a conscience and think maybe it will help her if we just back off... does anyone really care about Brit as much as they think we do?

Well besides that one whacko who also needs help.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/01/08 at 4:58 am

Ant

You know it's funny...a few days back I saw Network (1976) for the first time, and after I was done watching I was struck by how similar it was to the current situation with Britney Spears (in the way the media gleefully exploited anchorman Howard Beale's descent into madness without even the slightest amount of concern for his well-being), and I suddenly found myself having quite a bit of sympathy for her.

As irritating as I found the whole Chris Crocker thing, perhaps he was right all along.

Maybe they should just leave Britney the hell alone.

Written By: whistledog on 02/01/08 at 11:35 pm

Britney Spears is crazy.  I know there are some people who feel sorry for her, but I don't.  She's gone downhill faster than an old woman's breast, and it's not just the media that's making her appear crazy.  She actually is crazy

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/02/08 at 2:22 am

Britney Spears is crazy.  I know there are some people who feel sorry for her, but I don't.  She's gone downhill faster than an old woman's breast, and it's not just the media that's making her appear crazy.  She actually is crazy

Wow. I never thought I'd actually be defending Britney Spears, but here goes: Being "crazy" doesn't automatically make someone a bad person. Mental illness is exactly that: an illness. Granted, Britney has certainly proven that she isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, but on the other hand I can see where all the pressure from constantly being in the public eye could drive someone over the edge. I certainly wouldn't want to be famous, especially in this day and age.

Today I had to go to the cable company to return some equipment, and as I was standing in line there was a TV turned to the E! Entertainment network, and there was a show on called "THE 50 MOST SPECTACULAR CELEBRITY MELTDOWNS!" which dedicated a large segment to the current situation with Britney. And I found it disgusting. Not only do the members of the so-called "entertainment media" have absolutely zero sympathy or compassion for Britney's downward spiral, they have a raging hardon for it. They absolutely love it.

I hate to say this, but I have this feeling that there's a good chance Britney will no longer be with us by the end of the year. And you know what? If Britney Spears indeed winds up ending her own life, I hope that she doesn't do so by swallowing a bottle full of pills. I say, if she does decide to off herself, she should do so in a blaze of glory. She ought to cover herself from head to toe in Kevlar body armor, get a couple of AK-47's, start walking down the streets of L.A., and kill everyone she sees with a camera until the S.W.A.T team takes her out.

If she did that I'd consider her a hero.

Written By: tv on 02/02/08 at 12:38 pm

me too....

I also wish the media would just let it go...at some point they should develop a conscience and think maybe it will help her if we just back off... does anyone really care about Brit as much as they think we do?
The media is not going to stop following Britney. I mean the media's goal is to get ratings and sell magazines and getting the latest coverage of Britney is the way of getting ratings and getting the publics $$$ in selling magazines. I remember before Jennifer Lopez got married to Marc Anthony there was so much coverage of Jennifer Lopez always it seemed like especially with Puff Daddy when she was dating him. Than when Jennifer Lopez got married she wasn't as interesting for the media to cover anymore.

Written By: Marian on 02/02/08 at 2:17 pm

;)and you've seen enough old womens'reasts to know...

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/02/08 at 9:27 pm

Her papparazzi friend Lufty was seen going to the hospital with a bag of In-and-Out burgers for Brit.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/02/08 at 9:34 pm

They absolutely love it.

They love dirty laundry

I hate to say this, but I have this feeling that there's a good chance Britney will no longer be with us by the end of the year. And you know what? If Britney Spears indeed winds up ending her own life, I hope that she doesn't do so by swallowing a bottle full of pills. I say, if she does decide to off herself, she should do so in a blaze of glory. She ought to cover herself from head to toe in Kevlar body armor, get a couple of AK-47's, start walking down the streets of L.A., and kill everyone she sees with a camera until the S.W.A.T team takes her out.

Blaze of Glory?

I think the flaming explosive building jump would be a more appropriate exit for Britney. When she's 70 or so, that is. Girl needs to get help, asap, or she's not going to see her 30s... at least not outside the confines of a padded cell.

Ant

Written By: Gis on 02/03/08 at 5:28 am

They were talking about her singing on a T.V show on friday night in the U.K. One of the presenters suddenly said 'oh my god, did you notice we are all talking about her in the past tense, how sad'  it's true though, most people refer to her has having 'had' a great voice or whatever, like it is all over for her.

Written By: Jessica on 02/03/08 at 9:55 am

Wow. I never thought I'd actually be defending Britney Spears, but here goes: Being "crazy" doesn't automatically make someone a bad person. Mental illness is exactly that: an illness. Granted, Britney has certainly proven that she isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, but on the other hand I can see where all the pressure from constantly being in the public eye could drive someone over the edge. I certainly wouldn't want to be famous, especially in this day and age.

Today I had to go to the cable company to return some equipment, and as I was standing in line there was a TV turned to the E! Entertainment network, and there was a show on called "THE 50 MOST SPECTACULAR CELEBRITY MELTDOWNS!" which dedicated a large segment to the current situation with Britney. And I found it disgusting. Not only do the members of the so-called "entertainment media" have absolutely zero sympathy or compassion for Britney's downward spiral, they have a raging hardon for it. They absolutely love it.

Karma karma.

They were talking about her singing on a T.V show on friday night in the U.K. One of the presenters suddenly said 'oh my god, did you notice we are all talking about her in the past tense, how sad'  it's true though, most people refer to her has having 'had' a great voice or whatever, like it is all over for her.

It could be, although I think if she stops resisting the help that people are offering her and gets her life together, she might come back. I'm certainly not a fan by any stretch of the imagination, but you can't deny how successful she was.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/04/08 at 4:41 pm

She will never again be the teenage sexpot pop sensation.  That's over and done with.  However, she will always have a loyal following of diehard Britney fans.  Boy George comes to mind.

Here's what Britney should do, mmmkay.  Ride the self-destruction wave a bit longer--just long enough so it looks like she's not gonna make it.  And then...find Jesus! From there she can remake herself as a Christian pop star.  She can write (that is, have written for her) a tell-all autobiography with an inspirational ending.  She was living a godless life of intemperance and sin and she would have died if the she hadn't invited the light of Jesus into her world.  She can make the talk show rounds, tell it on Oprah, tell it on The View, tell it on the 700 Club, tell it on O'Reilly.  She can guide teenage girls on the virtues of chastity and modesty...

You're skeptical?  Well, Americans just luuuuv this crap!  I'll bet you dollars to donuts she'd be raking in the cash! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/angel3.gif

Written By: Gis on 02/05/08 at 2:52 am

She will never again be the teenage sexpot pop sensation.  That's over and done with.  However, she will always have a loyal following of diehard Britney fans.  Boy George comes to mind.

Here's what Britney should do, mmmkay.  Ride the self-destruction wave a bit longer--just long enough so it looks like she's not gonna make it.  And then...find Jesus! From there she can remake herself as a Christian pop star.  She can write (that is, have written for her) a tell-all autobiography with an inspirational ending.  She was living a godless life of intemperance and sin and she would have died if the she hadn't invited the light of Jesus into her world.  She can make the talk show rounds, tell it on Oprah, tell it on The View, tell it on the 700 Club, tell it on O'Reilly.  She can guide teenage girls on the virtues of chastity and modesty...

You're skeptical?  Well, Americans just luuuuv this crap!  I'll bet you dollars to donuts she'd be raking in the cash! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/angel3.gif
There really is nothing like a repentant born again!  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 02/05/08 at 4:17 pm

Oh dear. I got the following from TMZ. It's from the official restraining order, but I still don't know how valid it is because it's only one side of the story. If it's true though, it would explain a HELL of a lot of things. :(

TMZ has obtained a copy of the restraining order issued last Friday in the Britney Spears saga. We've reported on the order but we just got a hard copy. The documents allege Lutfi drugged Britney.

The order requires Lutfi to stay 250 yards away from Britney, UCLA Medical Center, her parents' homes, siblings' homes, childrens' homes and Britney's homes.

According to the document, "He has cut Britney's home phone line and removed her cell phone chargers. He yells at her. He claims to control everything."

According to a declaration filed by Lynne Spears, on January 28, Lynne and Jamie arrived for an intervention -- "Sam had told Britney that she was an unfit mother, a piece of trash and a whore, that she cares more about Adnan, her current boyfriend, than she cares about her kids, and that she does not deserve the kids."

The documents claim Sam said, "Adnan is gay ... Britney came into the room looking for Adnan ... Britney then asked me, 'Is Adnan gay?"

At one point, Britney "picked up a bottle of pills and read part of the label and asked us, 'What does insomnia mean?' Sam told her that the pills will help her stay awake." Lynne continues, "Sam told Jackie and me that he grinds up Britney's pills, which were on the counter and included Risperdal (an anti-psychotic drug for schizophrenia and bipolarity) and Seroquel." The docs continue, "He told us that the doctor who is treating her now is trying to get her into a sleep-induced coma so that they could then give her drugs to heal her brain."

According to the docs, Sam then encouraged Brit "to do tequila shots." The document then claims Sam said, "let's all do toasts with wine." Brit refused to drink.

Lynne claims before leaving for the drug store that night, Sam gave her drugs upstairs "to make her more light-hearted, happy, and fun."

During a dispute later that night, Sam allegedly said, "If you try to get rid of me, she'll be dead and I'll piss on her grave."

The docs claim Brit "changed her three dogs' clothes many times" in an agitated state."

Brit said, "Can I see another psychiatrist so I can see my babies?" Sam responded, "If I told you to take 10 pills a day, you should do what I tell you to see your babies."

At one point, Brit allegedly said, "I want my Daddy up here. I want to talk to my Daddy."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/05/08 at 8:22 pm

Oh dear. I got the following from TMZ. It's from the official restraining order, but I still don't know how valid it is because it's only one side of the story. If it's true though, it would explain a HELL of a lot of things. :(

TMZ has obtained a copy of the restraining order issued last Friday in the Britney Spears saga. We've reported on the order but we just got a hard copy. The documents allege Lutfi drugged Britney.

The order requires Lutfi to stay 250 yards away from Britney, UCLA Medical Center, her parents' homes, siblings' homes, childrens' homes and Britney's homes.

According to the document, "He has cut Britney's home phone line and removed her cell phone chargers. He yells at her. He claims to control everything."

According to a declaration filed by Lynne Spears, on January 28, Lynne and Jamie arrived for an intervention -- "Sam had told Britney that she was an unfit mother, a piece of trash and a whore, that she cares more about Adnan, her current boyfriend, than she cares about her kids, and that she does not deserve the kids."

The documents claim Sam said, "Adnan is gay ... Britney came into the room looking for Adnan ... Britney then asked me, 'Is Adnan gay?"

At one point, Britney "picked up a bottle of pills and read part of the label and asked us, 'What does insomnia mean?' Sam told her that the pills will help her stay awake." Lynne continues, "Sam told Jackie and me that he grinds up Britney's pills, which were on the counter and included Risperdal (an anti-psychotic drug for schizophrenia and bipolarity) and Seroquel." The docs continue, "He told us that the doctor who is treating her now is trying to get her into a sleep-induced coma so that they could then give her drugs to heal her brain."

According to the docs, Sam then encouraged Brit "to do tequila shots." The document then claims Sam said, "let's all do toasts with wine." Brit refused to drink.

Lynne claims before leaving for the drug store that night, Sam gave her drugs upstairs "to make her more light-hearted, happy, and fun."

During a dispute later that night, Sam allegedly said, "If you try to get rid of me, she'll be dead and I'll piss on her grave."

The docs claim Brit "changed her three dogs' clothes many times" in an agitated state."

Brit said, "Can I see another psychiatrist so I can see my babies?" Sam responded, "If I told you to take 10 pills a day, you should do what I tell you to see your babies."

At one point, Brit allegedly said, "I want my Daddy up here. I want to talk to my Daddy."

JERR-Y! JERR-Y! JERR-Y! JERR-Y! JERR-Y!

Funny, most of the piece of trash whores I know are great to their kids!
:-\\

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/05/08 at 8:41 pm

Yeah, this explains the extreme behavior.  Anyone who is being controlled like that will take their frustration and anger out on other people.  Plus if you and your family are being threatened with bodily harm constantly there will be an emotional reaction.  They say she has bipolar disorder, that may be.  After all of this crap she'll also have severe PTSD.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/05/08 at 9:29 pm

wow....just...WOW. :o

Written By: Jessica on 02/06/08 at 5:33 pm

If you live in the Los Angeles area, be careful. They released her, and she's already back to her driving aimlessly around bullschitt. Paps are up her ass, too.

I swear to hell why don't these people get an effin' clue about public safety?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/06/08 at 5:38 pm

If you live in the Los Angeles area, be careful. They released her, and she's already back to her driving aimlessly around bullschitt. Paps are up her ass, too.

They should have put her in some sort of group home with supervision.  It was irresponsible to let her out on her own like that. >:(

Written By: Brian06 on 02/06/08 at 5:41 pm

What was the purpose of locking her up for a couple days anyway, like that's really going to change her.  ::) She needs long term help.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/06/08 at 5:44 pm

What was the purpose of locking her up for a couple days anyway, like that's really going to change her.  ::) She needs long term help.

Hence the ideal of sending her to a group home.  It is long term.

Written By: Jessica on 02/06/08 at 5:45 pm

They should have put her in some sort of group home with supervision.  It was irresponsible to let her out on her own like that. >:(

From what I've gathered, her parents had hired a bodyguard to be with her. She booted him out of the car at some point on her journey, then picked up a paparazzo.  ???

I'm not sure why they didn't keep her longer. I think they said something about UCLA deeming her not a danger to herself anymore.

I'm wondering where her parents are. I mean, I'm sure her dad is working, because he actually does (GASP!) work. But the momma??

Written By: Brian06 on 02/06/08 at 5:45 pm

Hence the ideal of sending her to a group home.  It is long term.

That would be a good idea, but of course they just let her go again.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/06/08 at 5:50 pm

From what I've gathered, her parents had hired a bodyguard to be with her. She booted him out of the car at some point on her journey, then picked up a paparazzo.  ???

I'm not sure why they didn't keep her longer. I think they said something about UCLA deeming her not a danger to herself anymore.

I'm wondering where her parents are. I mean, I'm sure her dad is working, because he actually does (GASP!) work. But the momma??

Dumb ideal hiring a bodyguard.  She needs proper supervision.

If she wasn't Court Committed she could sign herself out.  As for deeming her not a danger to anyone.  It's pretty easy to B.S. a psychiatrist.

Her Momma is a piece of work.  She's living off of Britney and Jamie Lynn's success. :P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/06/08 at 5:52 pm

That would be a good idea, but of course they just let her go again.

It would give her the time out she needs and the supervision and the structure she lacks.  It beats not doing anything.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/07/08 at 1:44 am

TMZ MUST BE DESTROYED

Check for new replies or respond here...